Rappahannock River shore fishing spot

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jeremiad, Aug 21, 2006.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Does anyone know a good shore spot to fish the Rapp? I travel often between Patuxent River NAS and Warrenton, and thought that one of these trips back I would like to stop off at the Rapp and cast in a line and see what happens.

Thanks for the input in advance!

2. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Warrenton is pretty far from any decent cat waters on the Rapp. The 5 dollar Hole is a decent bank spot but it's closed after dark and it used to be closed on sunday as well.

3. jeremiad

State:
    Virginia
    Well, here I go asking again. Where, and what, is this $5 dollar hole?

Since I travel 17 through Fredericksburg as far as King George, there is a great stretch of the Rappahannock that I follow from above to below the fall line.

It's funny that the Rappahannock River is no more than a mile behind my house in Amissville; unfortunately, it's not much of a river way up here!

4. Rapp-Catter-06

State:
    Virginia
    The five dollar hole is on the king george side of the river. There is a farm there that the owner allows people to fish for 5 dollars. It's on rte 3 just before the tracks. There is a sign near the entrance that says Farley yale farm...I think!! Well it says something close to that. There is no bank fishing that I know of from 17 to fredericksburg. There is some ok bank fishing at little falls in stafford though.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    It used to be the $3.00 hole. Inflation!

6. Rapp-Catter-06

State:
    Virginia
    Some punks stole the honor box he had up a few years ago so he raised prices!!That's a true story!!

7. jeremiad

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the information, brother. I think that I know where you are talking about. Reps to you!