Rappahannock 411 anyone?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jonnycat, Oct 2, 2006.

1. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Fishing from Hicks' landing on Wed and wonder about bait info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Later for now---jonnycat

2. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Straight across the river from hicks at the creek inlets. They have been pretty thick there.

3. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    We were forced to change plans for today and fished the Chester River on the Eastern Shore. We caught 6 Channels with the largest about 8-9lbs. Rest were 4lbs or less. Beautiful day on the water, slight breeze and the tide turned at just the right time. I'll be on the Rap soon I'm sure and appreciate the info. Later for now---jonnycat

4. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went out last Friday with a co worker and they were biting very good on the Rapp. We fished from 9:00 am to 2:00pm the rain just got to be too much. We landed 12 fish from 15-54 pounds. The fish really seemed to be on the move. All fish were caught in 20-25' of water on cut Gizzard shad.Water temp was 55 deg. I'm trying to figure out a way to get out again tomorrow.It was the best trip I have had on the Rapp in years.

5. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I'm leaving about 6:30-45am tomorrow for a trip to the Rap from Hicks' Landing. Later tomorrow night I'll head on down to the James from Deep Bottom. The Rap is a meat trip for my Dad's 70th b-day party in 2 weeks. I'll go to my brother's house and clean the results, hopefully good for sure. After that I'm gonna hit the James and stay till sometime Sat around noon, then get on back up the road to the rat race here in Maryland. Wish me luck and I hope to see you out there sometime tomorrow. Later for now---jonnycat