Rapala or Berkley 50 lb.

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by gearhead, Jan 15, 2007.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Just wondering which one to purchase ,some say that the rapala will way more than a 50 lb. i would like that will the berkley do the same.

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have the Rapala 50# scales,and like it really well. I don't know if it will weigh over 50# or not. I sure hope I get to find out this summer,as I'm figuring on catching some over 50#!!! One of my friends has the Berkley 50#,but I don't like it as well as I do mine. That's why I bought the Rapala,because it looked like a better scale to me,even though the
    Berkley was less expensive.
    Glenn

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The berkley I have will go up to 67lb. Don't know how accurate either one is past 50 though.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The Berkely scale will weigh past 75 lbs, but the hook's not strong enough and will straighten out.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ive used both just fine. I sure would like to straghten the hook on my scale or even get one over the 50# mark to try it out. I have a Rapala and I have checked a number of times and it is always dead on the money.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does anyone have a good idea of a scale that will go to 100lbs.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes check out the BOC sponsors section. Also the Stars program is giving away one of these scales. Worth your time to look up and check out the stars program. You can't loose.:lol: