Rapala lip grip scales

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by gotta go, Sep 30, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man these scales i just got in from a BOC connection is right on. I can't wait to try them out. heavy Duty:wink:

2. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Dean, if you got the 60lb deal with the narrow jaws be careful with putting them in a larger blues mouth. I weighed one that was 26 one night and thought I would never get them back over that fat lip, they really grab on and don't let go. I haven't caught a flathead large enough to give them any issues since they tend to have a thinner lip. I've had mine for about 6 years and they are still right on with every certified scale I've compared them to. I like them a lot and the wide jaw 150# long handle are good too. Hope you catch something that bottoms em out!

3. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    UPDATE !!! Got my scales 09/29/09 and absolutly LOVE them !!!!!! Thanks a TON Paul for Getting us in on these at a Great Price. And love the Holder Mount that came with them. I agree though the Locking Jaws are Vicious I think I will keep those off the Beautiful Kitty's I catch and do like FLAMEKEEPER suggested and weigh my net and then just Lock the Jaws onto the net and subtract net weight because they seem like they would Really Tear a fishes Jaw/Lip up Pretty Bad. Otherwise MAN Two Thumbs Up, Thanks again Paul !!! :0a31::0a31: P.S. -- I Also Heard That you can mail them in to Rapala once a Year at no cost (besides shipping) and have them calibrated ??? anyone know of this to be true ???

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    These are still for sale from the parent company, from looking around.

How this deal was constructed is a boat company purchased a bunch of sets to give away as incentives for new boat sales.

The new boat sales flopped, and Gemini is helping the boat company move the fishing product.

I got involved by ordering a few fishing shirts that I am going to be using in some upcoming video shoots.

The owner of Gemini saw the shirt, then it rolled from there.

I offered to help if the deal was right for the members.

Really good deal for those who like this type of product and know what they want.

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the info guys. I have a set of 50lb scales but figured these would be esier to use. On my others i would have to put a hole under the fishes lip to hold him on and wanted to get away from that. The net deal may be the way to go. I don't realy care to weigh a fish unless he is real big but i have people that fish with me that want to know:big_smile: Its good to have something that will hold

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC

I have to agree. I got one with the smaller jaws for weighting stripers and tried it on a teenaged blue and might of dont more damage getting the thing off that if I had put a small hole in the lip. I now use a cheap pair of lip grips and hang that on my scale. I can go from weight to pic to the water with no problem.