ranting for a while

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by armydude3, Jun 29, 2008.

1. armydude3

armydude3 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just need to rant and vent some steam... I bought a new reel a week ago and it worked great until friday night i made a nice cast and heard a clunk in the reel and the thing wouldnt reel the line back in so I jimmy rigged it so i could reel the line in. It worked for a couple hours when i took my little brother out today then the damn thing wouldnt cast. Granted it was only a 20 dollar south bend reel but come on, the catfish ive caught up here arent much bigger than 5lbs so i didnt figure i needed something to fancy... guess i was wrong.

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Take it back.
    If they won't give you a new reel for it get hold of South Bend customer service.
    I bought a shakespear rod and reel from a buddy. The reel was broken. I called Shakespear and they sent me parts for it and it didn't cost me a thing.
    South bend has been making reels for a long time.They know the value of a satisfied/dis satisfied customer.

Have a good one and welcome to the BOC
    just

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Great advice right there if you can't return it to the original store you might want to let South Bend know that as well :wink:

Good luck!