rant & vent about your job

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bw69r, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i am dedicating this to all of you that would like a place to vent a little or a lot about your job. think of it as a stress reliever.

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm mad because there is no way to work overtime on social security.:angry:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont feel the need to rant or vent about a job. I have one.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If I do less, twice as often, would that be considered overtime, for social security. LOL:smile2::smile2: Or maybe go fishing twice as often, I need to do something to get bigger checks. :eek:oooh:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just once I'd like to take my train a different way. LOL!

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    rant? vent? i am glad i have a job! i work up to 36 hours of overtime weekly and wish they would let me work 48! i am lucky enough to have a job in a field where they don't do lay offs, and all you have to do is watch 'cops' to see job security in action! WHEW! thanks for helping me get that off my chest! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got to work yesterday to find out that the next 3 schedules are done. Normally a good thing, however, I am scheduled to be at work at 5am the day after I graduate from college. (I asked off for 4 days off so I could have a vacation).

No big deal though....I told them that if they really thought I could get there on time and sober....I would come in. :eek:oooh: They are changing it Monday.

I plan on celebrating the hard work I have put into this school and work, and kids, and Matt, for the last 2 years by getting trashed and being lazy for 4 days!:smile2:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Nothing to rant about I have a job with very little OT and still make decent $$$. Now do I have any money left over no but thats my fault not my jobs LOL

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No Rant here,Yet. I might after this pay period check if I dont see OT pay ,I got shorted 8.5 hrs last pp and I got 5.5 hrs of OT this time,We'll see. Other than that I truly love my job. it was a loong winter.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Been outa work since 4th July, so only thing I can complain about is no work. Company split up and got very little to do. Only workin a few guys a couple days a week. Got a couple small painting jobs in CA, but not enough to hardly pay for gas. Other jobs got delayed. I got some lined up in MN, but gonna cost 500 bucks to get there. I left my trailer there, so I'm gonna be really squeezed for room headin back, got a job for a remodeling company, but they don't have any work. So far in debt can't hardly scrounge for minimum payments. I figure I got enough life insurance to cover everything, but by the time I pay my bills and got money to spend on me I will be dead anyway. No room or ground for a garden here, and water is too costly. Problems my family likes it here in CA, but I like the midwest, and got a place to stay there, but no utilities. Got to get the roof on and pay for that to live there first. Other than that, life is good.

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No complaints here. After seeing Phizer Pharmasuticals permanently lay off 600+, International Paper close down, Great Dane trailers lay off, Bemis Plastics lay off, Columbia House lay off, Sony DADC lay off (all in Terre Haute, better than 2000 jobs), and surviving a cutback in January myself at CSN Steel, I'm glad to be employed and making good money. Times are tuff, be gratefull for what ya got.

12. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    work in the ailine industry. 18+ years same company. never been laid off. since 9/11 wages have been stagnant. seen a lot of changes. have my health, great family. not much left over anymore after paying the bills but i'm thankful for what i have. no complaints here.

13. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Befpre I can rant and rave about my job I have to have one. Those of you that do have a job thank the Good Lord for them. If all goes well I will be back in the saddle real soon. It has been a ling and Hard pull for Me and my wife but with Gods help and grace I will have a new job soon.

14. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    work was slow thru the winter, now things are back to normal, making money, fish are hitting...not much to complain about here :big_smile:

15. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Make decent money, very few days with long hours, Start 8 to 9 am usually finished by 4 pm, 95 plus percent of my clients are female, nothing to rant or rave about here but fuel prices.

16. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im happy with my job alot of hours sometime 10-12 a day 6 days aweek but when payday comes its a 4 digit check so im not complainey it get s a little slow in the winter but where plenty busy now gotta keep that gas a moving

17. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Only thing I like about my job... the hours 6:00am-2:30. I work in engineering at a hospital.

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I love my job! It has it's moments like any other gig, but it's the position I've been working towards for the last 7 years so I'm pretty happy with it. Like lots have said, I'm just glad to have a job.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I keep asking the boss for a raise and a new truck but nothing happens. Wait a minute, Im self employed. :eek:oooh::crazy::roll_eyes:

20. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    People show up at my studio with a deer they want to get mounted. I tell them my price and they start raising cane! But all along they pulled up in a 50 thousand dollar truck with a 7 thousand dollar atv sitting in the back of it. With a weatherby rifle in the back window. And I am forced to tell them, "I have never had the honor of having a 50 grand truck with all the bells and whistles in my driveway until you showed up!" That usually takes care of'em.