rant rant rant

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by pitbull1078, May 7, 2009.

1. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well I went to my little fishin spot today to fish. All I caught was a cotton pickin copperhead. This is the 2nd one i caught this year. There are more floating around than I ever have seen before. I counted 18 in 3 hours. Well anyways as I was watching the bluegill spawn I noticed something a little strange in the water. I focused my eyes and stared into the water for awhile and noticed there was orange fish everywhere about an inch to 3 inches long. Well I realized somebody must have thrown a ton of goldfish in the pond cause they where everywhere. Well that wasnt the end of my exciting day as I walked around the pond I seen something that looked like a large piece of garbage floating across the top of the water. As I got closer to it swam away and then resurfaced a short time later. Well It was a Koi an orange and white Koi very pretty but also very big. Why in the world would people do this? There is already a problem with grass carp in there that they want out and now people are doing this.

2. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was at Peabody and saw something orange swimming but it was deep enough I couldn't make it out clearly but I am pretty sure it was a fish. Looked like a blurry basketball moving around. This was about 2 weeks ago. Stuff like that happens all over the place unfortunately that is how you get the carp problems, along with things like snake heads and who knows what else. There is a bait shop on the way to Baldwin lake that has a Pirahna mounted that was supposedly taken from Baldwin lake.