Ranger

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by poopdeck [patrick], May 26, 2006.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    My cousin has a 1979 18 ft ranger with 150 horse mercury on it. The wires are rotted out to the moter on the top part. It seems to be in good shape except for that. I can get it for 1000 and I/m thinking about buying it. Any one know about that kinda boat and how hard it would be to fix/

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Kinda have to squint my eyes on that a little, doing some deep thought. That seems to be just about market price for that type of rig, without the wiring problems to the motor. Guess it is six on one hand, half a dozen on another. What it boils down to is if you want it, get it. Your the one who must live with the decision either way.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have a old ranger myself. It has a 115 merc. The boat is heavy! But I like it alot! I bought a used wiring harness for the "tower of power" which has worked out fine for me. New ones cost ALOT!
    Bill

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    That would depend entirely how it has been stored.
    Boats can have all kinds of serious problems not visible without some intrusive checks some times.

compression check the motor first and go from there.
    If the motor is shot he would have to pay me a "disposal" fee to take it off his hands.