Range Finders

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by opposum, Sep 8, 2008.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm looking to purchase a rangefinder. Any thoughts of Leupold, Bushnell, and Nikon? I had one from Bushnell I purchased from Wal-Mart several years ago. I think it was a yardage pro. It didn't seem to want to pick up on anything very far away from me. It worked o.k. until I dropped it last year. Now it doesn't work at all. I'm looking to spend about $200 on one and was wandering which ones you've had luck with durability, accuracy, and overall quality. Thanks in advance.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC,David. I been thinking of getting one myself. Did you ever contact Bushnell about repairing /replacing it?

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been wanting one also. They make em now that shows actual yardage to the target when your in a tree. I've shot over a few by misjudgment.

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri

Never did contact them. I'm guessing I've had it for 5 or 6 years. I doubt they'd do anything with it.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got the leupold rxII. It works great and gives you the actual yardage and has a bullet drop table that tells you what the holdover is for the yardage displayed on the screen for what load you've set it for. It's supposed to range to around 750 yards, but I haven't got it to do it past 400 yet. I might not be holding it steady enough yet though.

I got mine off of ebay new in the box for a little over 200.00, but I havne't seen one for that price for awhile. It's worth the little extra though. My buddy has the same bushnell you've got and mine is hands down better!

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Vince, I have a couple of Leupold rifle scopes and I swear I'll never buy a different brand of rifle scope. I was actually thinking of the RX- I or the RX-II before you responded. It will probably take a great deal on a different brand to sway me away from Leupold.

7. SLIM80

SLIM80 New Member

State:
    alabama
    got a new bushnell scout 1000 arc like it alot but about 300 u need to go to store and get them 2 let u try out a couple of models outside so u get the features that u need for how u hunt and see how far they shoot thats how i found out what i wanted

8. doug300wsm

doug300wsm New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The only one you will find for around $200 is the Bushnell Sport 450. It works pretty good as long as their is no brush in front of your target. It does not range well up or downhill though.

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm wanting to get a range finder as well. Been looking at Leopold pretty strong. Have been enjoying all the posts.