randys custom rods blackandblue tackle

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tspergin, Mar 8, 2008.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    after seeing and using Randys rods I would recommend them as the best performing and best made rods you can find for the money,they handled fish 72 lbs and were great and also are sharp in appearance,check them out on blackandblue tackle site,Randy is also a sponsor of the BOC

2. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is a nice blue:cool2:

3. carpetman

carpetman New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thanks for the tip...

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hi Tony! I'm ordering a rod from Randy sometime this week. Can't wait to get the order to him. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. He has received very positive feedback from guys using the rods he builds. I have an Abu 6500 chrome rocket to go with the rod. Thanks 4 the post.:wink:

Mark..

5. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Glad to have been a help to you,I know you will be very well pleased with your new rod,Randy does great work on his rods

6. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    That's odd. I ordered one from him and after waiting 6 months for the rod, it broke the second time I used it reeling in a 12 pound blue.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Danny. Where exactly did the rod break?? Could it be possible the rod blank was faulty. Maybe Randy overlooked this. Hairline crack in the rod that is hardly visible to the naked eye. I'm sure he tests his rods before shipping them out. Just remember he doesn't make the rod blank. He puts the components on, like the handle, wraps, guides and reel seat. Just my opinion! I ordered a custom rod from a guy in Florida. Received the rod in 3 weeks. Looks great. Tried it out. Caught a 8lb. catfish on it. NO PROBLEM. Put the rod away for the winter. Check it out recently. Bent the pole just a little. Cracking sound! huh! The finish on the rod guides is cracking. DARN. Spent 100 bucks on a so called custom rod. YEAH RIGHT! I think Randy will do any excellent job on my rod. He'll know if I'm not satisfied.:big_smile:

THANKS..
    Mark..

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I caught a 62 and a 72lb 8oz Blue on 2 different BlackandBlue custom rods built by Randy.

I have to ask Mr. Kitch if he perhaps netted that 12 pounder correctly?

What did Randy say when you asked him about shipping delay? Did he offer you any satisfaction after you broke it?

It seems you feel pretty strongly about it to post it here publicly.

Being in business for myself, most of the time a customer stays mad is because of a lack of communication or one of the two parties is um.... stubborn, and yes I have been guilty as charged.

I have two ordered for after the Presidential election. Election results are directly tied to my pricing lol! :crazy:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Loanwizard, those are some pretty big fish you caught on Randy's rod. Sounds to me like he builds a heck of a stick. Can't wait to get it back. I'm patient. I would give my left arm to reel in a catfish that big. Maybe someday!:big_smile:
    Thanks.
    Mark..

10. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I noticed you didnt post as to what if any communication you had with Randy on the rod,and what caused the break,could be a number of things that could have caused it,faulty blank,abuse,all it takes is a chip from a sinker or mishandling of any rod to cause a break under stress,as I said what have you done as far communication with Randy to resolve the issue you have?,as far as time involved in getting the rod,from what I see it is probably due to the amount of rods that have been ordered and that is in its self a testimony of the popularity of his rods,

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    man you guys dont want to open that can of worms!!!!! you missed the original explosion over this rod!

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    sorry double post