Random acts of ???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flaboy, Jun 11, 2007.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Just a thought! How many of us saw the movie.
    PAY IT FORWARD? with Helen Hunt, ( no I didn't see it with her, darn it!)
    Did you get the message?
    how much better would our world be if we did 1 random act of kindness once a year? Or month!

I promise that If you will, I'll do something for someone without them expecting it sometime this year.
    Please don't post and say I will or I did. just do it!
    No Tea, I won't bake you cookies LOL

it coulld be just a phone call, picking up a strangers tab, flowers or card to someone in nursing home or ?
    (you could always sign it 'A member of BOC'

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Lionel,

RAG's or, Random Acts of Goodness can make peoples days. For the longest time, I have tried to do at least 1 RAG a week. Weather it be mowing someone's lawn without being asked or paid, or picking up a young couples tab at a restaraunt, it will bring joy to both the person you are doing it for, and yourself.

One thing I have found though, although I enjoy doing RAG's for other people, I have found it hard to accept RAG's myself. Recently I found myself out of work, and making it to the Keystone Gathering was going to be tight for us this year. BOC members stepped up and through RAG's my gas to/from Keystone was paid for, as well as my campsite. At first I didn't want to accept these RAG's. I knew that my Brothers had worked hard for their money and felt they shouldn't spend it on me. It finally dawned on me, WHO AM I? Who am I to deny them their opportunity to "sow seed" and be blessed? So to my BOC brothers who helped me out with making it to Keystone, THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart. I know you will be blessed, because you were a blessing to me and my family.

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    People, some have thanked me, some have reped me. I appreciate it.
    I love to BS, joke, cut up and tease others on here.
    for once I was tryin to suggest something good. this may be my only decent, serious thing I may do all year. so, please, IF you can and want to, don,t thank, rep or tell me, just do it! :)
    Oh, if you see Helen Hunt, tell her I like her better w/o the funky wig! LOL

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great movie and the world would be a better place if more would do this. Great thread.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I am a great believer in the "Pay it Forward" idea.
    Often, when someone does something for me they don't need anything in return or when I do for others they don't need anything in return. Paying it forward is a great way to put a little something (or sometimes a big something) into peoples' lives...W

6. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I watched that movie 3 times. I liked it and I am also a beleiver in RAGS. I don't talk about or even mentioned. I always do it and I happened to notice the good feeling after I do RAGS. But sometimes it is hard for me to accept RAGS too. But I learned a long time ago it also makes that person have a good feeling just knowing that they did a "Good Deed". Thanks for posting this thread. Just posting this thread is a helpful reminder.:big_smile: Take care.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A year or so ago I was in a nearby laundromat doing laundry. I had enough money to get the clothes started but told my husband he would have to go to the bank and get some more cash so as to use the dryers.Well I guess the bank was busy cause the clothes were finished washing and he still had't returned.This nice gentlemen approached me and asked if I was finished with the washing machine.I told him yes,I was just waiting on my husband to return with money for the dryer.Presently,he pulled out a $20.00 bill and gave it to me stating "Here this will help you" I was stunned! He didn't know me from Adam as the ol' saying goes.I took his money so as not to tie up the machine for someone else and presently had my clothes in the dryer.% minutes later here comes my husband,just as this man was leaving.I hollored at him "Sir,allow me to pay you back" He never even turned around just stated, "Just do me a favor and pass it on down,if ya do you will have paid me back". My heart swelled with joy! I thought to myself Hmmmm,there still is some good folks in this world!!:big_smile:

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    This made me think of a song by Clay Walker, called the Chain of Love

9. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    That song is one of my old favorites! thanks for reminding me!!!

10. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Tony, I was thinking of that very song. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember either the title nor artist, thanks.

Jon

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I try to be nice to everyone. I don't find it hard to do or time consuming.
    Bill