Rancho Buena Vista... Cabo

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Jul 9, 2009.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Dropped the fresh water for a while... leaving Sunday for Baja Sur

"Rancho Buena Vista"..at Cabo

Went there last July with Plumbertom1....

This year looks to be a better year with local fish counts looking great....

Going to miss my Isabella trip... and meeting with Ray, will catch him with the other California boys when I get to Mendota

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Kinda hard to pass on a trip to Mexico. Sounds like a beautiful place you will be going. Be safe, have fun, catch lots of fish and take lots of pics. See ya in Mendota Bayrunner.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Look forward to your report brother. And pictures too:wink:

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ray,
    You go down to Cabo & have a good time. :0a23:
    ("Like I Have to tell you that" :roll_eyes:- lol)
    :wink:
    & you know that you have to give us all a full report (With Photos) + You will have to make a "Full Presentation" at the "B.S. Meeting" this year, to be held at "Mendota Slough on July 24th / 25th & 26th".
    lol

5. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Lets get the images going .... don't think I showed these last year....

pool fun... food (all you can eat) beautiful sunrise and sets...

6. gilmafam

State:
    California
    How do we get to the boats... easy, they put the ramp in via tractor, and do the same to take them out when not using them... leave em out when need, but you just walk a short distance to the ramp, and head out.. get or bait, and fish.... not to bad... nice size cruisers.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  7. gilmafam

State:
    California
    As you can see, it is easy to get fired up about this years trip.... two hour flight, and then its "just fishing" and eating and pool stuff....

Here is a pic of the ceviche from the fresh tuna. Me and Plumbertom1 soaking our drinks, and a pic of some of our tuna for the day....

8. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i been to cabo twice, you do the damn thing and bring us some pics
    its always nice to get some fish smoked, you end up with so much
    drink a warm pacifaco for me

9. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Thanks Brian... we'll drink XX ies I think....

but I have made some changes..... going to stay 3 more days and fish in a
    "Dorado shootout...."

What the heck... my buddy is in it on saturday... so I may as well stay and fish....$300 per boat.... The only problem is that we will have to take a van (taxie) to La Paz, and come back to the states from there...:cool2:

I haven't been to la paz, so that will be some new dessert to look at:smile2:

leave from La Paz rather than Cabo...

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Ray. What exactly is the Eldorado Shootout? Sounds fun:wink:

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ray, get some pictures of the dorado's before they fade if you can. they are so perty!!!!
    gary

12. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Thanks Gary... Plan on two cameras... my wifes' is quicker acting and easer to use on the boat... Hope to take many pics of "Do-Do's"....

Be nice to win the $75,000 grand prize of 25ft super panga with Cummins de Baja Diesel with custom trailer and some trimmins.......

Our team is 3 men... one owns a "big" tackle store in Lomita... "Baja Baits....."

Keep ya posted...

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    goodluck to ya Ray,win that boat buddy!!!

14. gilmafam

State:
    California
    That would be nice ray.... I kind of confused on how to bring it back.... I have packed all that I need for the trip.... dont have a buddy along with me sharing the tackle... so my ice-chest is on piece of checked luggage, and my 5 poles is another.... two "pole tubes" taped together... and then I have the carryon... which has the reels, and then a small back pack with my clothes.... Got no room for fish to bring home.... the extra fare...$50 for another cooler one way .....and then $50 more to get it back... not like the old days.... Should have taken a buddy... then we'ed have the problem taken care of.....

If we win... our team will decide what to do with the boat.... Maybe "tofish" Gary could fly down and drive it back...:0a22:

Oh well... have to see on the "bring fish" home cituation... maybe I'll hit the local store in "Los Barrilles" and get a "foam" one....

By the way.. going to see some new "Mexico" scenery... have to truck to La Paz for the flight home, as Cabo San Jose is all filled up on the Sunday after the "Dorado tourament"

See Ya all in a week... or so....:cool2:

PS.. now I know what it is like when Bert does the "train or Plane thing"

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  15. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ray, much as i'd like to drive the boat back for ya, it'd be kinda hard. don't have passport yet. :-(.
    gary

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    just come in as an illegal gary,might just get any medical malidies you have taken care of for free and a little expense money provided for ya,even though the state is broke they seem to have the money to take care that problem.

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Give em hell over there Ray and drink a pacifico for me:wink:

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Does anybody know when Ray get back? I can't wait to see the pictures he took!

Jaime

19. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Thanks for the support Robb.... and yes, we hit the local market and got 4 eight packs of pacifico for me... my buddy took his (Coors Light, 30 pack) and with my Seagrams and a couple bottles of teaquilla we did ok for the alcohol....But I have to tell ya... we tried a new drink... (Low cal) "Be light"... bottled in Mexico, and it was guzzled like water... had to replenish the fluids....:wink:.

Have to take some time to clean up the gear from the trip....and then I can take some more time and do this post up right....

My buddy Ed of Baja Baits ... won the tuna jackpot in cabo back a year or two ago.

I didn"t have to really bring my gear as he had a full "array" of good gear to use...

Our boat was a 30ft cruiser... and a wide body at that.. has an engine cover that is like a queen sized bed that we use to spread out the various tuna and marlin rigs that we used....and to "lay back on" while cruizing around...

The pic of the boat is of fishing buddy Don, the "beer drinker" and then at the back of the boat is Ed of "Baja fishing gear".....Ed is one "hell of Baja fishing" guy.... could "stand up" and fish Marlin, Swordfish, and "doritos" like it was just nothing.....:cool2:... he almost never got out of the direct sun.

I learned some new fighting techniques.... and most of all the "expensive" two speed reels were "slick"..... "might have to get me one..."

20. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Our "Rancho" was again empty.... all of the casa's there and so many empty rooms... There were 7 fishermen in our group and we only saw two or three other groups of fishermen staying while we were there....

Kind of makes you sick... all these accomodations... and priced reasonably.

Our cruiser was $450 a day and we had the cadallac... others were $350 and had great "sack" lunches for the noon day meal

Our breakfast was an all you can eat ... anyway you wanted eggs etc., fruit and juice .... Dinners were the same....

The place was empty.... But then if you wanted to spend more money, around the corner (2-3 miles) you could be at the "van-wormer" resorts and more costlier...

Ok... out to do the chores... "clean the gear", later