Ran into a guy with a bad case of road rage yesterday!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, May 23, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry about the long post but I gotta get this off my chest! I'm still ticked off really badly!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I'll keep it clean as possible also!
    Me and Regina had been doing some recon yesterday afternoon checkin out some spots on the riverbank. We decided we were gonna head over to the KY side and check out some places. We got stopped at a red light and there was a guy in a red F-150 in the other lane(going the opposite way). We didn't think much about it,light turned green and away we went. Next thing I know this #$@!&* was right on our bumper honking. I turned around,threw up my hands like 'whats up?' I asked Regina if she knew him and she said no. She sped up a little bit(she was doing the speed limit) and he stayed right on our bumper honking. I motioned for him to go around and he just stayed on our tail. We got to a stop sign and he came within a half inch of hitting us. By this time I was TICKED off bad! Needless to say by this time,she slowed down to make him slow down also. This continued for a couple miles. We got to another stop sign and I motioned for him to follow us,we were gonna go to the police dept and talk. Find out what his problem was. He started going straight and gave us the #1 sign and a couple profanities...That really did it. I hung out the window and did the same and hollered if he had a problem lets go settle it. Cooler heads prevailed and Regina tried to calm me down. Nope,I was mad!!! I told her to turn around,I wanted to talk to this guy,BAD! While we were looking for him I decided what the heck,i'll call and report him and give them the description and tag #. Hopefully he was drinking or on drugs and would get arrested. While I was on the phone we found him sitting at the Ironton boat ramp. I told the cops that and they said they had a unit nearby and would check it out. We drove around and went back over there and he was gone. We drove all around trying to find him but never did. I'm kinda glad because I know if we'd found him i'd have done something that I don't need to be doing with a bad back/neck. One of these days I will run back into this guy and i'll be with one of my buddies. I know his tag # and description of the truck. :roll_eyes::confused2::cool2:
    I'm still to hear from the cops...Seemed they didn't care a bit...
    Anybody else have any road rage stories to share???

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    doesnt everybody? i used to have a lil bitty problem with over reacting towards idiots... sort of. never had anyone actually try to get out of the car though. now adays i mostly just smile and wave. benefits of a small town mean that ppl dont show thier ace as much unless they are teenagers. they know it will just come back around and its not worth the trouble.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Bad thing was this guy was probably close to my age,no older than 40. Probably some drunk idiot with nothing else better to do.:roll_eyes:

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i bet your right. i cant stand ppl like that.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Me either Brother,me either. Its a small town also,lots of Ohioans will know where its at. Ironton,OH. Only thing there is bars and a court house...LOL!!! I can't say too much bad about it though,thats where my other half was born and raised...LOL!

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry, John, but I'm glad you couldn't find the guy.
    It just doesn't pay to get that angry with anyone... and I think it's a blessing that he disappeared.

I stopped at the gas station this morning, to get fuel for the lawn mower. Young guy at the pump directly behind me started pitching a hissy fit about gas prices and I ignored him. His buddy waitin in the car wasn't sayin anything either, but I saw the look on his face and wished my little gas can would hurry up and get full.
    He didn't lash out or anything, but the cussin was full volume and when he was done, he peeled out of there leavin a trail of rubber behind and makin me jump.

At first, I thought... sheesh, I hope some cop gets ahold of him... he didn't even slow up, entering onto the main road. But then I realized... any police officer who tries to pull him over right now may get more than he bargained for. Stay safe... let the hotheads stew in their own juice.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree,its a good thing he vanished. Some people will shoot/kill you for no reason these days. I'm glad Regina was with me,she would have kept me from doing anything stupid. I'm normally one of the most peaceful people around but when my buttons get pushed...
    I'm glad all worked out as good as it did. I guess its human nature to get that mad but I have a good woman to keep me under control. :smile2::big_smile:
    All I can say is i'm glad I wasn't with my Cuz. He has a pretty bad temper and things would have been different.
    I reckon God was keeping an eye on us yesterday! :smile2:

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Was he driving a White Olds 88 with a wrecked front end (deer hit it) and CTFISH1 license plates?? lol

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

OMG!!! Its you!!! You forgot about the pink dice hanging from the rear view mirror! :big_smile::lol:

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    OMGoodness, I soooo have to jump on this!!

A cpl months ago, my husband and I went to the next town to rent some movies. It was fairly late so we left the kids at the house(Thank GOD), the baby was asleep. We were on I-70 doing the speed limit(75) minding our own business. Actually enjoying a conversation with out kids in the forground. We came up on a car going really slow, so Scott put is turning signal on and went around them. All of a sudden..this huge black FX4 F-350 (whatta beauty) came flying up on us flashing his lights. Scott sped up, passed the cars and got over. Simple enough right...apparently NOT! The guy was p!ssed for whatever reason and stayed beside us yelling profanities and what not. I told Scott, what the heck...wasnt he in a hurry! Well, my dear husband being who he is wasnt going to tolerate it and done some sign language of his own out the window. I said, Oh LORD here we go. They tried running us off the road, putting us in the ER lane. This new black monster got in our lane (we're running nearly 85 at this time) and slammed on their brakes and we nearly hit them! We got over in the left lane and past them. They sped up and was on the right hand side(my side). I threw my hands up and was laughing because it was funny watching someone get so p!ssed over something so stupid. This guy called me a female dog and some other stuff that I couldnt hear! This went on for several miles them trying to get us to pull over. My husband is a big guy and I cant say that too many ppl want to tango with him. I was laughing and both guys were madder than a cat on a hot tin roof. We exited off and they continued towards Utah, my husband flashed his lights and by GOD they crossed the median and turned around! We stopped at the police station sand told them the details and here goes this LOUD as HECK truck flying by the police station and not a fr*&$king cop in sight! We later found them at a local bar and he had his friends all around but he himself never came out and we never went in! I told my husband that if you want him out and can approach that new Ford with a new bat and we'll see how fast he come running out! I was looking at the situation in a very comical way. He was mad. If we had our kids in there with us, that would've been a bad situation. We havent seen the big black FX4 F-350 deisel with pipes with Utah plates since but we know the friends that was egging it on that night. Come to find out, my husband is over them:lol:hope they never find themselves on his drilling rig:crazy:
    My husband is still out for them. I personally...well...Im just in it for a laugh:wink:

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Now it's just a waiting game. I'll bet it'll be sweet when it happens.

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    hey John next time you decide to do 2 miles an hour below the speed limit Im gonna pull over. And your lucky you didnt hit my new red F150 or we would really have problems. Ps Im still driving around looking for you too
    :choler:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

New??? It looked a couple years old and in rough shape.I didn't know you were a buckeye either. I'm easy to find,I fish over at the boat ramp a lot.

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well its new to me :big_smile:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! Besides,this guy didn't have a Joisy accent...:big_smile::lol:

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I live in Georgia now Im under cover brother LOLOL

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I forgot about that...Next time just holler 'lets go fishing!' I'll take you to a couple good bank spots on the Ohio river...:cool2::lol:

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :lol: good one!!!