Ran across this site

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by zappaf19, Aug 28, 2006.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
  2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have never heard of them, but they would be fun to catch. They would put up a good fight. A small bluegill fights decent. Could you imagine those. Thanks for sharing!!

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    That thing is a monster. It would be awesome to have that in a private pond!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Wow, That thing is huge. Looks like some fine BAIT.....lol

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would have to buy some bigger hooks for sure, then, LOL!!! I don't think my 10/0 kahles would do the trick, LOL!!!
    i guess you could just tie that fish on the end if your line and give him a club, LMAO!!! He could just club the fish and throw it in the boat for you, LOL!!!

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

A 5 pound bream, man what a fight. I wonder how they taste with grits and eggs.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    agreed just think of the size of flathead that would hit that thing

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow! What a gill!! Thanks for sharing man reps for ya!pk powell:big_smile:

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I once bought and stocked my new pond with Catfish and supposedly these bream from Ken Holyoak.Ken Holyoak delivered to my pond site,as I was centrally located for the area order.My catfish were smaller than the size that I purchased (cheaper fish).These so called "Georgia Giants" did not grow as fast or as large as my normal Bluegill and Redear bream.All of my other (including the Catfish that I purchased from Ken) fish grew off 1/3 faster than normal due to pond management,luck and weather.I feel like what I purchesed was not what was delivered.My neighbors professed like wise feelings about their purchases from ken Holyoak.To the best of my knowledge,not one of us ever made a purchase from him again.We also recommended that others beware when we were asked about our dealings and satisfaction.I think there are laws covering such dealings now.There were not then.In my personal opinion.I found him far more honest with "Hogzilla." I once worked at a traveling carnival.To this day,I wonder if Mr.Holyoak ever worked as a "Barker"at one.Peewee-williams

10. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    That is huge! I would not go swimming anymore. I have had bluegill nip at me before and that big one might leave some marks!!:waaaht:

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    PeeWee I was thinking about getting some for my sis in laws pond but I don't know now that i have read your post. i am going to e mail them and get prices. I will post what I get.
    Bill

12. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    .Remember that Hogziller officially was a little less than 3/4 of what this man testified to.Does this mean that he is 3/4 honest?Be very careful about that 1/4.I found it expensive and very dissatisfying.I have often wondered if we did not receive the offspring from the hybrid instead of the hybrid.As in corn,hybrids will often revert back to the original if you save the seed off of it.My son tells me the fish are still in the pond,and still look the same as always after around 20 years and many generations.They are a average size and good eating fish,but NEVER what they were sold to us as and I never heard of any of the ones purchased and delivered that day ever coming close to what was advertised.This is why I suspect something is foul.Feel free to quote me,use my name and repeat my remarks.They heard and ignored my questions at the time.I do not doubt that some one got what you read about.I do believe that many questionable fish were sold and claimed to be the "Ga.Giants" as he called them then.Check with your county agent.Perhaps the laws have changed and you have protection from such now.Peewee-williams

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    If I could catch three to five pound bluegill all the time, I'd give up all other kinds of fishing. Gills are the most fun to fish for with the right tackle. A five pounder probably deseves a Abu 6500 and a medium action rod.

14. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    would love to get into a mess of those.

15. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    On National Geographic about a month ago, they did a report on whether or not the Hogzilla was the size those guys said it was. Come to find out it was, as PeeWee Williams said, it was 3/4 the size and not nearly as big as they thought it was. Even after doing some DNA testing it still didn't match up to the "Big'un" they thought it was.

But part of the reason that lead them to believe it could be that big was that there was a farm that grew some special type of corn and that maybe Hogzilla had gotten a hold of some of that corn. Well in this pond that the corn was close by on the same property were a bunch of Bluegills. These Bluegills eventually grew so large that they became 5lb monsters. Which was also one of the reasons they also thought Hogzilla could be that big.

Point being is that these Bluegill are growing in this pond in Georgia and they are real and they are huge.

16. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    gadzooks,I think that you hold the reason for their size in your arms.I think that God may have created Bream and Bullheads the perfect size for children to learn with and enjoy.I have seen children wonder at and enjoy them all of my life.I was one of these children and my children too.He provided plenty of fish for all people and all purposes.peewee-williams

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Well I e mailed the sight and it came back as "failure" Oh well I tried.
    Bill

18. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is a Bream the same as a blue gill or a variation, hybrid or???

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I think bream is pan fish. Blue gills, crappie, red ears etc.
    Bill