Ramps owned by the TPWD

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by coolarrow2, Mar 10, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would like to find out how many others launch at TPWD boat ramps and I would like to find out how much you can use them due to the ramps condition. I launch at Liberty Texas at hwy 90 and the ramp here is bad!! It stays sanded in and I'm trying to get the TPWD to dig it out. I'm also going to try to get them to repair all there ramps that are falling apart. Thanks for any info you can me on this! It looks like we as Tax payers in the great state of Texas will have to shame our own state into fixing the boat ramps the it owns! It sad but asking does NOT work!!!! I will use the info I get from every one to form a list and from there I will work toward getting them fixed. I'm starting with ramps in rivers and lakes that are sanded in of washed out.

2. radiogod

radiogod New Member

State:
    Dallas, Texas,
    I launch at Ray Roberts, which all ramps all TPWD ramps and they are all open

3. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I think Parks and Wildlife needs new management. I do not agree in the way Parks & Wildlife is being managed, one bit. If I go any farther with this I will be getting into politics instead of catfishing.
    Joe

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    State governments are restricted with the amount of dollars they have to spend in any area sponsored by government. If it was a choice between removing sand or providing immunizations for children, your ramps are gonna be silted in for quite a while. I doubt anyone really knows why the TPWD are not out getting the ramps cleaned out. I mean, look at the breaks the state workers get. LOL But, I am sure it is the dollar thing, not the govt turning their nose up at boaters. And, when you get an Okie taking up for Texas, man, you really have something. Just be patient and they will get around to it...

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i hope you know that they have diverted a lot of the money from all the stamps to the general fund. the stamp money was supposed to be used for hunting and fishing projects.

6. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    The TPWL is short on funds. Talk to your Rep. and Senator. The squeeking wheel gets the grease. The transferring of funds after making promises about how it was going to be spent is shamefull and they need to be reminded of it. There is gross incompetence at all levels of the state offices. The problem is that a good supervisor is helpless to get rid of the deadwood. A good manager could redefine the mission eliminate 25% of the workforce and improve service if they were given the authority to do what is needed.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I may be wrong, but I have read someplace that every state must invest the money received from the sale of hunting and fishing permits back into their wildlife department or they will loose federal matching dollars. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable computer guys can research this to see if it is correct or not.

8. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    A few years ago the GSA audited the US Fish and Wildlife Part of the Interior Department. Seems like Twenty some odd Million could not be accounted for. Never were able to trace it down but most likely a lot of the mone derrived from the Pittman-Robertson tax on Sporting goods was "Donated to the Tree Huggers" that were trying to take away our hunting rights. Some personel were reorganized but none of them went to prison like they should have.