Ramp report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crappie capt., Dec 9, 2007.

1. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    Guys Iam planing to try going down to lake marion around the Christmas holidays.I norm. put in at rocks pond and fish around tha brick yard or south, dont know if I can put in at rocks or where do I need to go.THANKS for any info.

2. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Crappie Capt. The only place that I know of is Canal Lakes and maybe Hills.
    I am sure there are others.

At Canal Lakes you have be careful because of the steel at the bottom of the ramp. I would advise to look at the ramp first to decide how you want to back your boat into the water.

Rocks Pond ramp does not have enough water to launch.

Hope this helps

Jim

3. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You might want to give Bells a call. Two weeks ago they told me you could put in because they dug the ramp out. The problem might be getting to the big water. Two months ago it was kinda tricky.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Definitely call ahead, and even then take their answers with a grain of salt. One landing had an ad saying they had "plenty of water at the ramp for everyone." See Pic.....

Attached Files:

5. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Here you Santee guys. I can't use it right now but I found this on the Santee Cooper Country Visitors web site today. Thought it might be useful..............Brian

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]December 14, 2007[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Open Launch Ramp[/FONT]

Low Falls Landing
    Cameron
    Santee State Park
    Santee
    Mill Creek Marina
    Vance
    Marker 79
    Vance
    Indian Bluff Park
    Eutawville
    Lakeside Marina
    Eutawville
    Bells Marina
    Eutaw Springs
    Canal Lakes Fish Camp
    Cross
    Hill's Landing
    Cross
    Gilligan's at the Dock
    Moncks Corner
    Randolph's Landing
    Manning
    John C. Land, III Landing
    Summerton

6. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    THANKS a bunch brian d. I love santee even thow it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get there, and sometimes get skunked.I had a buddy go across I95 bridge yesterday and he said it was bad.I hope to go around the holidays.I will call info to get some of those phone numbers.THANKS agian.

7. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No problem. I can tell you that Randolph's is 1 800 big cats, the other ones are easy to find. Just google "list of lakeside businesses on Santee Cooper and you will find all of them. Hope you catch a sixty for xmas...........BRian

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I put in at Canal Lakes yesterday and it was very tricky to say the least. They are repairing the landing on monday and tuesday so it will be closed those 2 days.

9. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I stopped by Black's yesterday just looking and they have been doing some dredging but don't appeared to have done lot of good.Sign said they would be closed 12/17 to 01/06 if I remember correctly. We also stopped by Rocks Pond and it is amazing how far it is to the water.
    Hope it rains soon.
    Good fishing report Tommy.

10. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am heading down to the lakes on Wed. thru Sat. staying with a friend at his house in Wyboo and was wondering if Randolphs is o.k. to put a boat in, or any other landings close by. Also how is running down the dike wall right now, is it even possible to do it safetly now?

11. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah real shallow at the mouth of the canal on Moultrie. Be careful with the fog too. Real thick at times. :crazy: Thanks for the ramp updates. Hope I can still put in when I get another chance to go. Where is the best place to buy herring or shad around the lake, anybody?

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jason, I haven't bought any lately, except Saturday. I bought the last 1-1/2 dozen that Ned's had on SC45 near the diversion canal. I'm sure Canal Lakes and Hill's would probably have some. There is none on the lower end of Moultrie, although if you want to catch your own, there are plenty at the dam and scattered across the leak. White perch shouldn't be hard to get right now in the diversion canal.
    I haven't been on Lake Marion recently, so can't say what's available there.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Neds was it the other day. Hills and Canal lakes neither 1 had any bait. White Perch was easily caught under the bridge and some real bigguns but didnt get any bites on them.

14. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the heads up on the bait situation. Always good to know where to find some.

15. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  16. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    here is a pic of the SS ramp. looks good
    [​IMG]

17. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the ramp picture Snooker. Here's some rep.

18. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I talked to them at Harry's Fish Camp day before yesterday and thier ramp was closed.

19. Roy Huber

Roy Huber New Member

State:
    South Caro

I heard Randolphs has added on to theirs. I would call as I was also told ther was no parking places. I think they still have rooms for rent. It is close to Manning SC.

I plan on going down this weekend to scout out for my self.

Roy
    :big_smile: