Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi brothers to the west. I have been wanting to fish the Kaw at 435 down from the falls. I was hoping someone could point me to a ramp in the area. I know the ramp down town but really did not want to run that far but that might be my only choice I dont know. Thanks much if someone could give me some help and good fishing to all.:good:

· Registered
3,648 Posts
Scott,

Kaw Point is really the only option. It's about 17 miles up to the 435 dam from there. The next ramp up is Edwardsville, which is maybe a mile above the 435 dam. Not sure if Kaw Point is the one you know about, directions off I-70 are:

Eastbound:
• Stay on I-70 – DO NOT take 670
• Exit at James Street, Exit #423.
• Take James Street through 1st stop sign and then follow signs to right for Fairfax Blvd. (It looks like a highway on ramp, but it’s not)
• Turn in at the KAW POINT sign to your right, just before public levy. It’s basically the first possible right turn once you are on Fairfax Tfwy.
• Head through the parking lot to the concrete flood wall – cut through opening to the Kaw Point Park

Westbound:
• Take the Fairfax Trafficway Exit
• Turn in at the KAW POINT sign to your right, just before public levy. It’s basically the first possible right turn once you are on Fairfax Tfwy.
• Head through the parking lot to the concrete flood wall – cut through opening to the Kaw Point Park

· Registered
3,648 Posts
Much thanks and Reps your way Gary. I just might give it a try this weekend....
Good luck Scott, I might see you on the water out there if I can shake this cold I seem to have come down with. I'll be in a Lowe v-bottom with forward consoles and tall flat windshields. And just so you know, there is a KC Catfish tourney that launches from Kaw Point at 7:00pm, so you will probably see a few extra boats out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.