Ramp closed 8-19

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thought I would head out tonight for some evening cattin. Couldn't find anyone that wanted to go, so headed out alone. Got to Flam City ramp and found it too shallow. Three folks tried to get their boats in, including a SkiDoo on a trailer. Too shallow. The end of the ramp is exposed. Saw one guy walk out to the middle of the river, never got passed his knees. I heard the main channel is 8 ft, but getting to it is another story. I did see two boat trailers in the parking lot, but they looked to be small jon boat type. I suppose they could pick them off the trailer and set them in the water. Decided to check the ramp at Arnold City Park, off Jeffco, same story there.

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    So why didn't you use the boat club ramp.. I thought thats what being a member was for... hehehe

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Kutter, just use your powers and make enough rain to get the river up high enough to use the ramp, sheesh, I figured you would have already thought of that:smile2:

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Because word has it when the water dropped down there, the bait said bye-bye.:sad2:

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Alas, my powers were stripped from me in a curse from one of our members here. I went from "Official Weatherman" to "Tagalong Groupie" or was it "Tagalong Wannabe":sad2:

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Arnold Park...are you referring to the Ramp thats under the Jeffco bridge? I can't stand that ramp cause it's so steep, but if it's out of the water then it's pretty darn low!

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    There's a ramp at the end of Frannie Drive.That's the road past the tracks on Tenbrook by the tavern.I've used it once.It's a pain to get to,but,it is in the deeper channel.Jusy stay to near side til the bridge,then switch over.The channel changes sides there.Hope this helps.Drive down first,seewhat you think.