ramblin's #-169...merry ramblin christmas...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lee, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
  2. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I made a welfare call to Bullwinkle (AKA Bruce) this afternoon and he said he was doing just great. So great that he didn't think about killing himself anymore. He's driving a truck, what kind I don't know, and was hauling a load of plywood when I called. Couldn't understand him real good, appeared that he had a chew in his mouth and the truck was a tad on the noisy side.

3. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Just got back from the county court house, got summoned for service on a Grand Jury selection. I have never been summoned b4 on this, 72 peoples all stuck in a small room, we all were given #'s and marched across the street to the court house and to the court room with the judge, dist. attorney and baylef, and we all had to STAY IN LINE!! That judge asked us just about everything and if we had something to say or answer raise your hand and stand and speak. Long story short I wasn't selected, one of the things we would go through was sex crimes and child molestation and that kind of thing and my hand went up, told the judge that 3 years ago my bride and I found a body in Truman lake, she was raped and murdered and thrown of mile long bridge and we found her, 15 yrs. old, not something you soon forget, I told that judge there was no way I could sit in that chair and listen to details on hurting children, I won't do it, I can't do it, I get all twisted about hurting kids and I also told her castration wasn't bad enough for these people. She didn't select me, THANK GOD. stay warm all, be safe and I need a beer

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    "that kind of thing and my hand went up, told the judge that 3 years ago my bride and I found a body in Truman lake, she was raped and murdered and thrown of mile long bridge and we found her, 15 yrs. old, not something you soon forget"

Dang Bob, I have a fear of finding someone dead lying in the water. That is something that you probably never will get out of your mind or your wife's.

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Oh, what fun it's 21! NOT! I estimate there's about .5" of ice right now with the snow really coming down. Can hardly make out the house behind us.

Inside it's 68*, supper is over, and the dishes are about to be washed.

Y'all be safe out there.

6. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I HAD 3 BEERS!! Mr. mac I did find out that speaking to others about it just about makes me cry, its different typing and not talking. It was beyond horror for me, my bride is a retired heart nurse, has put hundreds of toe tags on, not much bothers her when it comes to gore, this did and still does, she was the first witness in the trial, the DA for the state came to our house for a couple hours, he tried the case himself, he just wouldn't put those damn pictures away cuz he said it was important that we see it all for the trial purposes. When we found her she was wrapped up in carpet and tied with elec. cord to make a handle around her head and feet so he could throw her off the bridge. We could tell by the shape that it was a body, never smelled a dead body b4, will never forget it, when I picked the Hyway Patrol up and took him to the body the minute he stepped on my boat he said that's a body, get me up wind please, by the way this was his 124th body recovery on different causes but 124 was hard to believe. He also told me he suba's, I used to and he stated he will not dive under that bridge for anything. 3 years ago and its like yesterday. It's very cold here and the wind is howling all the critters have food out fixin to ham and beans with my cornbread and another beer, stay warm ya all, later

7. vortex

vortex Twirlygig Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    See now, this man gets it.

Gotta love our justice system. A defendant held hostage by a jury of 12 people who were not bright enough to figure out how to get out of jury duty. o_O :biggrin1:

8. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON Supporting Member

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Bob, good read, the question is, did they throughly convict the SOB that did it/?? Been on a couple recoveries try to avoid DB's on the river when we know they out there in that area. My out look is,
    Unknown.jpg

LOL

9. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Keef that SOB will never see the free sunlight EVER. I thought they should of killed him but being someone's butt boy for the rest of his life is OK too!! Found out he killed two other women too and had been to trial on them and he still lives, just don't get it, thousands of dollars spent on trash and a bullet would just end it.
    The weather coming is just really bad, its not funny any more, talking below 0, I also read a report from a weather guy that a possible new ice age is headed our way----maybe. Stay warm all. Later

10. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Glad to hear he was put away, Bob.

Still snowing. I used to blame Jim for the cold and snow. Guess now it's all Keith's fault.

Pintos are soaking for chili tomorrow. Natural gas will keep you warm, right Fu?

Texted with the Gnome earlier (for the newer folk that's what we call our daughter Mandy. She's short.) She and her boyfriend both have the flu. It's been hitting all around us. Just hope we don't look like good targets.

Well, back to playing writer.

11. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    The WG's prediction of a mild, but warmer winter, along the Eastern front hasn't panned out, just yet. We've had extreme lows and a few record breaking highs, and below average rain fall in my area, but the Eastern most part of NC has had more than their share of precip. More wind than usual, but nothing like the Plains and just yesterday, a front call thru to the East of us, registering around 60 MPH. Again, we are in for a major drop in morning temps >>> https://weather.com/weather/today/l/28037:4:US. One positive side to the low temps is that it's going to kill a lot of insects hibernating under the ground, hopefully.

Meanwhile, back on the dead end road along the shores of Lake Norman, we no longer have green lawns, but brown ones, due in part to a lack of precip. and the fact that the rich folks couldn't irrigate their lawns due to their sprinkle systems freezing up. Ifin it aint one thing, it's another.

Sorta had my heart set on doing a little catfishing this AM, but the wind might get up out of the NNW around ten bells, prime time for catching a trophy cat. I have a nice spotted bass in the live-well, that makes good bait in the winter time. I will most likely pull the trigger to go around nine bell, after I check out the wind and possible FOG conditions.

It just dawned on me that I didn't comment on the Squaw's hair do when she got home yesterday, I will have to correct this mishap some way, maybe like cooking her breakfast this AM. It's tuff being a male, thar are so many things you have to remember ifin you are married, ISYN.

Later Gators

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hello folks.
    seen a few dead bodies wernt no fun.i dont even go down front and look at foks that died a natural death.
    no snow or ice but its cold as hell out side.forgot to fill up the pellet stove last night so its cold in here to.
    prayers for jd and wife and for the rest of ya too.

13. Keith Mette

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
  14. fubar4life2010

fubar4life2010 Official USCA Wookie

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Name:
    David
    Mornin Taters...And Spec-taters

Paw...yer name is Mud...ISYN
    And...if ya try a box of chocolates.....
    She really gits suspicious!
    Goats aint like that...one I-O-Ta!
    I recon ma Merlefriend resigned as Head Honcho round these parts!
    Prayers ta all...

Peace and Love!

15. Keith Mette

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    It was 8 so don't be late.
    Deb I been blamed before for lots a stuff, so it don't bother me, just think global; warming and you feel much warmer? LOL

You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd cause you might trip on a frozen buffalo turd, or buffalo? LOL

They say we gota put up with La Nina the rest of the winter n spring?

16. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I recon ma Merlefriend resigned as Head Honcho round these parts!

FUBIE, he wishes he could, IJS.

17. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Good morning from the frozen wasteland of Tennessee. 19*, about .5" of ice under 3-3.5" of snow. Still snowing at the moment but should be clearing later. Maybe. Or maybe not. (RIP, Tim.)

On the agenda today: clear the snow off the truck, start it and let the defroster work it's magic. Then there's laundry to be done, cleaning, and of course hookin'. Plus there will be a batch of Lazy Chili made.

More prayers for JD and Miss Catherine and for the rest of the lodge, too.

Later, taters.

18. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
  19. bvomark

bvomark Well-Known Member

State:
    Bartlesville, oklahoma
    Don't worry everyone we can just let the greenhouse gases loose to counteract the solar minimum. Al Gore will figure it out for us. Lol

20. Keith Mette

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Cheap since you don't have to worry about getting hulls in your teeth you might try this??
    41peI0VCANL.jpg