Ramblings - Part 7

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Wow I thought you were going to let this one ride , this should be ramblings 8. LOL

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    YAY a new rambling thread! I am happy to see it! School has been great, and my cancer is officially HEALED...I am real happy right now. John has a good steady job and I may even get to keep mine! HEHEHEHEHE

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Glad to hear everything is looking up for you Cher.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Rah, Yea, Hey!
    He's Our Man.
    If anybody can the Commando Can!
    Rah, Yea, Hey!

(shake those things, shake those things, Sit split, twirl)

Hey, Zip, Boom, Bah!
    He can lead, He can lead!
    He's the man with the speed.
    Hey, Zip, Boom, Bah.

(Jump kick, back somersault, shake those things, shake those things)

Goooooooooo! Commando! Gooooooooo Commando!
    Lead, lead, lead.
    Rah, Yea Hey!
    Goooooooo Commando! Gooooooooo Commando!
    Zip, boom, Bah!

(pyramid and collapse into forward somersaults, shake those things, shake those things. Hey you number three you are not supposed to wear thongs. Laura, get changed and come back! We will have all 45,000 members in here and burn up the server)

Rah, Yea, Hey.
    Commando, He's our main man.
    Commando, He's our main man.
    Give him a five.
    Rah, Yea, Ha.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Long time, no post! Been on a BOC Sabbatical. Been feeling it coming for a while now, burned out etc.......

Slow to NO progress on my projects.:confused2:

Taking the easy way out on the DECK project now also. Its a massive multi-level one (30x22) complete with an attached Pergola, built of cedar ($$$$$$). My neighbor is a builder and actually built my house for me 9 years ago. He shot me a number for the labor that while not cheap it sure sounded good to me (and especially good to Mrs SkipEye). He'll have it done in 2-3 days once we start. I started thinking about how long I would be out there scratching my head trying to figure it all out and get it done. An INSTANT deck sure sounds good in my old age, HA!:smile2:

Brought in 6 dumptrucks of topsoil to level the back yard area as part of the deck is at ground level, wasn't a cost I figured in but will sure be a lot nicer to have it level so why skimp on any of it. Plus, that is a drop in the bucket compared to the total cost. Figured I'd regret it if I left a sloping yard.

Just have to refine my drawings a bit so we get what we want and get that 2000 lb rock delivered so the builder can build it into the deck (sounds weird but will be a cool, different feature). Will then start cutting and drilling to turn it into a stone firepit.

Should free up a lot more of my Fall season to work on the other projects and get a little more fishing in (if I can afford to after this).

Haven't caught up on you Ramblers as I am way too far behind so i'll browse from here forward.

Hope all are fine.

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    everybody is working hard it seems. i probably should be too. but, i had a long night--some jiberish from my mamma and nanny and aunt janie and lil sister about grabbing my 92 year old great-grandmother and heading north for the hurricane. grandma moore's house is about to fall in, blah blah blah. my response " she has stayed in that house for nigh on 70 years through all kinds of storms-she dont wanna go no where-and i dont wanna take her". (they beg and plead-i remind them that it is thier mother/grandmother and statistically i only have 12.5% of her bloodline in me-they lay in the extreme guilt trip-a trademark of the women in my family- and i did something that no other man in my family is ever able to get away with- i tell them to go choke sausage and leave me the hell alone... all in all a productive family night for me. besides-me and grandma moore allready have it worked out. if gustave the russian hits us, i will take her coffee and ice the next morning-just like i allways do...

i love cheerleaders. i didnt realize the commando was our star player-but after that pep rally where is the doubt?

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That was a good cheer wasn`t it . LMAO !!!!

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well i thought part six was gonna go on forever, lol!!! i went out last night fishing with fellow member waynesburgjay. took him to a few of my spots and between us landed three small flats and two decent channels. had a lot of action for a change but that was all we landed. if interested more details of our outing are in Pennsylvania river talk section on the monongahela river thread. Cher that is great news to hear, glad you are doing better and everything is looking up.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO Ole # 7 big jim and Zeeb have the torch...wich one aint sure but keep it away from our cheerleader dont want his swing hammer catching fire but bet he needs couple bloody stumps caughterized any way wwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!Jim you got the torch and Zeeb wants it Id suggest runnin faster then you ever had befor he catches you (LOL)
    Tonto rode in bout midnight last night fer a lill heads up on whats ahead(LOL) we are waiting on the pidgeon to show up with a message or maybe if I go fishing tonight there will be a great river find like a message in a bottle(LOL) ....gotta flank in this attack ....No prisoners are to be taken & no mercey...we are at war and my genral is on the crapper so orders are sighned sealed and delivered.......Have the tommey loon programmed fer the first strike :wink: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh that smell.......(LOL)
    I know we are special now we got booted by the boss:big_smile:
    Monday I am gonna gotowork part time building pallets we need a little more income and that broom rider shut my recycling down till we put insurance on ole thump ...then I am using it fer a hopper and nuttin she can say that stinkey witch(LOL)
    I think I will share the bag with 3 more ramblers then we will have a secret 7 and we are on ramblin 7 its only fitting...I must consult the general bout this cause of the juvinile activitey is gonna get real intence soon ....real soon ....maybe this weekend ....while I am fishing ofcourse(LOL):wink::smile2:You know how them militarey boys get when they home on leave and get back(LOL)
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH that smell......I need some beans I will be back....man it stinks round here!(LOL)

11. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Don't think I can keep up with yall. I've tried. But I keep coming back.

Good to hear Cher. Had a crush on a girl in 6th grade named Cher. Walking along the sidewalk, looking to the right at her on the playground, I ran smack dab into a pole and fell flat of my butt. Don't know if she ever knew I had a crush on her :p

Travel mug has a leak in the lid. Hrmm.

Getting the itch to get out of here soon. Leaving for Choke Canyon to fish the weekend away. Someone asked this morning if I was going fishing this weekend. Replied that I was only taking 1 girlfriend and 4 of my kiddos so I might get to fish a little bit. :tounge_out: Maybe...

That cheer scared me. :eek:oooh:

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m requesting that you good folks go on over to Catfish Talk and check out my new Penn salt water fishing hat , the bill on the hat is ridiculous but I`ll wear it anyhow , it might even be a good luck hat.

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Checked it out Zebo. I do believe it has it's place while Kenny's pidgeon is AWOL. Wear it in good health LOL

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats glad to hear all the good news sis:big_smile:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Zeeb I want to check it out but the dang puter dont like that site fer some reason so I cant....been thinking bout all the stuff I have in mind to throw out there & all but then again maybe cause of not being able to get on it.....its a sighn to keep my trapp shut!(LOL)
    Where is everyone at still on six????

16. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    zebo that cool lol if that bil dont keep the sun off somethings wrong lol :eek:oooh::smile2::big_smile::cool2:

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well its time to wine a little:sad2: my lap top died this moorning poor little thing it had a hard life all this rambling was more than its little hart could take :sad2: cant sit in front of tv in living room and rambl now im stuck all alone in bed room at the desk poor old me:sad2: think i will just have to give it a hart transplant and order a hard drive tonight and resarect its little butt so i can sit my sorry old but back in the living room lol well im done with my wining think i will go finde some cheezzzzzzzzzzz to go with my wine po old me :sad2: just cant part with my old lap top friend for $49.99 i can give her life agen:cool2::smile2::big_smile::eek:oooh::wink:

18. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I went back on my home site to give a fishing report and some of the fellows are upset that my home lake has better boat ramps than other lakes around the state. Had to point out to them that several other lakes in the Piedmont have new boat ramps, but that did not put out the fire.

Mr. Calhoun (aka OPJ), you have got trouble in you bid for Prez. J.Mc has named a woman to be his VP and she is the Gov. of Alaska. Looks like he did what B.O. did not have the nerve to do. It will be your time next week to make your annoucement, OK. Just a reminder, you humble servant and half a$$ adviser.

I think we made history with this phase of Ramblings, the Commander in Chief leads it off. Has this ever occurred before? It appears that he is a man of few words.

Kenny, are you sure you want to go over to the other side and visit. They will show you no mercy once you sign in. I just go over there and lurk, that way I do not get my nose smashed by the likes of BG or the Head Sack. Zman is no pussy cat, I'll tell you that. I bet he could twist you into a pretzel if he took a mind to. You better stay over here where we can cuddle you when your head hurts or when you are down on your luck, we can encourage you on.

Does anybody know which is correct, you'll or ya'll ? I was taught in grammar school that if you must use it, which they did not encourage, then use 'you'll', but it appears that most folks use ya'll or is it y'all.

19. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well mac, you reside comfortably below the mason dixon so....

some of YALL might disagree with me, but i think you all sounds a little boheme. YALL sounds much more civil.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Different sources say different things, Mac. No matter, Kenny is teaching us hooked on phonics. :wink: Spell it however you want, we will understand.

Here is one link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all

Y'all have a safe holiday weekend! :big_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.