Ramblings - Part 6

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bw69r, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well, i just turned 40 about an hour ago and i don't feel any different(except for that new pain shooting through my knee). i think i am going to give myself two presents this year, a catfish safari spinning rod and a custom spinning rod from black&blue tackle with a cool picture of GODZILLA on it ( GODZILLA is my favorite movie monster and they are my favorite movies). went fishing last night looking for a mon monster and instead got the big skunk and soaking wet from the rain. oh well it beats work. it stormed like crazy here like Dan said but it lasted longer here. sure has been a wet year so far. Kenny i hope you get that new pb fish this year i just hope it quits raining for you guys so you don't catch it in your living room. John, that was a great thing you did for your friend, if there were more people like you around the world would be a better place right now. Dan, i am sure you will get your promotion and you will get that B up to an A in no time. as for the fishing on the mon right now i think between the spawn and this screwed up weather the fishing has gotten tough. it should start getting better soon and you can get that new avatar fish. Shawn, you better be careful, we don't want you coming down with a case of "beaver fever". oh well i guess i better try and get some sleep so i can spend my birthday at work. keep on ramblin folks.

2. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    3:46 AM From the state that supplied the majority of the lead for bullets during the Civil War. From the Lead Mines of Dubuque 20 minutes north of me. Going to be a beautiful day. 79 degrees, NW wind @ 8 mph and partly sunny. At least it ain't snowing or raining.

OhNo the first guinea hen came by me yesterday with her keets. I counted 11. Two more hens out there somewhere and should show up shortly. If about a half dozen kinds of predators don't get them I will try and get some pictures.

Speaking of pictures. I had a so-called PM from DRC this morning. I haven't interacted with DRC for a long time. I know he was having some personal problems earlier and haven't seen him on lately. He informed me they have a Retailed Hawk in his neighborhood and was going to get some pictures of it. Do any of you guys remember that long thread about "Retailed Hawk Recipes". That one was a fun one. Anyhow, I don't know how to use that GD "notify your mother of your bedtime" routine they installed so if any of you know DRC tell him I got his message and I will be looking forward to seeing his pictures.

What are you guys doing for the 4th? Bootsie mentioned his Hillbilly buddies trying to kill themselves. I always looked forward to Holidays before I got crippled up and was working. Each one meant I didn't have to see people on a routine basis. Now even a Holiday is just another day, a good one mind you, but just another day. I am also not as patriotic as I used to be, the world somehow doesn't go for that patriot stuff anymore. I celebrate it in my mind more than I do socially.

Zeeb, those courses get interesting don't they. Nice to see someone take a course and actually work for a grade anymore. Seems you have a good ethic as regards that. You remind me of Sheila. After I got out of college I was required to take so many hours of continuing education each year to maintain my license. I got so sick of tests and instructors after 12 years of so called Higher Education I never want to see another test again. In fact I occasionally take some course I am interested in and refuse to take their tests. Of course I don't get any credit for the course but that doesn't make diddlysquat to me. Maybe I should sign up for some of Mac's courses, I don't think he makes you take tests. Just runs around with a yardstick in his hands like a Nun.

The rest of ya have a good day. I got to find Mr Rogers and ask him what the assignment is for today. Cookies and milk at noon with a beer chaser.

Later, John.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    We have favorable winds as far as the Ramblers are concern and each and every day we just sail along, does not matter whether it is East, West, South or North.

This is a fine group, with a mixture of personalties that covers the spectrum, plus life experiences beyond what anyone could imagine. We joke, we make fun of each other, we share joy, we share pain, we give advice when asked for, we laugh at ourselves and others, some are honest to a fault, while others hedge a tad, I could go on and on, but I think you get the jest of what I'm saying. I'm sure John Calhoun never expected this Ramblings thread to produce what it has over it's life, which is far from being over.

As with most families or groups, we add new ones and some old ones just depart or fade away, just like life. For those that depart or fade away, they have made their mark on the group and for that I thank them, for the new ones that arrive weekly, I say welcome and look forward to your contribution.

I did not Ramble today, just wanted to state the facts as I see them. You'll have a good one, I'm going to do some honeydo's today. Mac

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Morning One and All

63 degrees and nice, supposed to be sunny all day.

Kenny---- those garage doors can be a pain. Our old ones were wood, Masonite with foam in between. Boy were they heavy and hard to raise. Put new ones on last fall, you can raise them with 1 finger. Gosh those new insulated steel ones are great. And they have a seal thats fantastic. If you get real mad at your old ones, about 3 loads of scrap, and some one will put you in new ones.

Zebo----- my neighbor woman works at Westville Correctional, and Sargent's there usually just end up sitting at a desk in the center of a dorm. She has been working the towers lately. Kinda like making it to the top and having guns. lol Go for that extra pay, everyone needs more money.

Boots--- every time I see your new picture, it makes me think of George Carlin. At a distance you look like him.

Everyone is in an up mood, so am I.

I didn't do a lot yesterday, just kinda farted around here and then went and seen the nephew, Cliff. We got to looking at a couple Lilac branches that hit him while he was mowing. I got my trimmers out of the trucks toolbox, then we got my chainsaw out of the toolbox. Boy did we leave his yard a mess. lol Anything even close to a persons head is gone. He has a 50' blue spruce right at the end of his driveway. I gave it a hair cut, now you can see whats coming when you back out. It will take him a while just to clean up all the limbs. But it needed it, and when you are drinking cold beer, you want to accomplish something, you just don;t want to work hard doing it. lol

I went to bed early, about 8:30 and heard the phone ringing, let the machine get it. Well my veal barn guy was wanting to know if I wanted 4-5 calves. I was hoping it was a dream, but my wife said Randy called, just before she left for work. lol I'll have to get some help and get my cattle trailer hooked up, and figure what morning I'm going after them. My wife is off Wednesday and starts a vacation. I guess playing with baby calves will be her vacation. lol

The grass I planted in the arena is doing great. Nothing is in the barn, all our animals are on the back pastures. It will be an easy do. Don't know why they are rejects yet. Sometimes they just don't like the all milk diet and sometimes they are bunged up, like a bad leg or something. I doubt if they have pneumonia, so won't need many drugs. I'll see what the deal is.

Beetle Congratulations on lots of grand kids. Little guineas are cute. They look like dirty cotton balls running around. lol

I need to look at our Farmers Exchange paper and see what calves are even worth. I need to know if they are worth sticking a lot of milk replacement in. lol

I guess we won't be eating the wifes horses this year. lol We won't be able to afford chicken or pork, but we will have lots of beef.

Everyone take care, my rambling is done for a while.

Oh and like Mac said, Welcome all newcomers, just jump right in and ramble.

Jim

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Well, I gotta say, its nice to see every rambler doing good.

Zebo... a big Congrats to ya brother ( yep, I still use the word brother ). For what its worth...I'm darn proud of ya !!!

Sheila and Matt.....If I lived closer I'm sure we would all have tons of fun cooking and sippin on our choice of adult beverages. I'm sure we would argue a lot but hey I do that with my own siblings so why should you guys be any different ; )~

Pb..... I was wondering if anyone has ever offered you a writing job ? Lord knows your good at it.

AP...thanks for always writing me little rep messages. I don't care about the rep points but I do like the fact that someone takes some time out to say a few special words here and there.

Kenny..... I love the pic !!!! If I had a pot of gold I would fly you and Zebo over here for some Hartwell fishing. The only thing you would have to do is open your own beer and reel the fish in.

Mac...I'm still saving my nickels to come fish with ya one day. I think I'm up to about $10 now but I'm getting there.

Oh No....... I would be afraid to come to your house because you might put me to work. Then again I could learn a lot from ya I'm sure. I never did know anything about growing things, and the only thing I know about cows is they taste good and they can kick side ways...found that one out on my own.

Brian...Happy birthday !!! You mentioning Godzilla I got to thinking about BOC as in Blue Oyster Cult. Ya'll remember that one song don't ya ?" ........Oh....no..... there goes Tokyo, go, go Godzilla,,,yea ". Its been awhile since I've heard that one.

Shawn..I don't know you good enough to annoy you yet, just give it time, it will all work out. Keep up the rambling.

OPJ...I tried to rep ya on the party story but I got the finger. I felt mixed emotions when I read it. I too hope your friend will be around to enjoy some more good times with the boys. Good man you are for getting him out.

Well I'm outta time here. Reload, Boots and all the rest I didn't mention, sorry I didn't get to yas, It sure wasn't out of favoritism, I just ran out of time.

My Dam fishing plans are now set for Tuesday instead....I will be crawling the walls until then.

Well I gotta go get a new tire on the wife's van so you all have a good one...cyas later.

-Jim-

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    from the movie "reservoir dogs"

"allright ramblers, lets ramble..."

i havent gone back and read everything yet, but i will try to get to it on my lunch break.

sleep is over-rated. billy reuben's are stupid. billy light blankets are even most stupidest! Aidan wont sleep in his bassinet/crib while he is wearing that stupid glow worm blanket. me and Amy have been taking turns holding him all day/ night so that he will sleep. somewhere around 3:21 a.m. last night i made a realization. the jaundice billy light blanket might be stupid, but the boy sure aint. not even 2 weeks old and he has us both trained like kennel dogs. it is strange to me how fast he changes and developes. i can allready hear him make new sounds. he used to just cry and squeak, now he cry's in different tones and volumes. know that we have spoiled him because at 3:20 a.m. he started a slow soft whimpering whining cry. i picked him back up, he stopped, i set him down he started crying again. i never though i would be so whooped by a baby. i allways thought "i'll never spoil my kids". yeah right. even after coming to a personal understanding that this kid is playing me like a mouth harp, i still picked him back up, layed him across my chest, and we took a lil cat nap. now that i think about it, is he spoiled? or am i?

im working on these pics/ a new avatar. hopefully this week. i like all of the new looks i have seen.

zeeb, your what ya call- a scary lookin' dude.

later all.

9. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Mac,
    Well said !

Tried to rep ya but like JJ said I got the finger.

Seems as if I have seen it before.
    I think TOF taught them that trick!

As usual your right again.

Did not expect such a thing.

The turn out here is due to all input form all the Ramblers.

Hope you and everyone else has a great July 4th

Lets put her to the wind and see what on the horizon those honey dos will have to wait as the list never ends !

Sail on Ramblers!!!

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (LOL)Chunker-Yer learnin fast ehhhhhhhh!...Its very rewarding though-sometimes you will wander bout this but it is true....after pottey & walk it gets better:wink:eek:hh does it get a whole lot better!
    Dicipline regiement and lots of love are very bueatiful things-least in my home cause we have none of it but love...(LOL)......AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Right now your havinn the time of yer life .....in so many ways...we all are waiting fer pics now!:eek:oooh:
    JJ I would have to bring my pole and get my hands very dirty.......Youll be board unless yer gonna grab yer own pole but tis better that way you just get us in a hot spot we will give er hell!(LOL)
    I am sort of mad at Ma Nature today - last night it didnt storm the water was good for high water .....we have bait-did I say we HAVE BAIT! but there was a chance & one shot of lightning I gotta go now!We have had a not so fun speriense and it come callin fast.
    Big Mac getting it right with Mama-very good thing to do(LOL)
    Me and Lilly have been fishing all weekend here and there .......been good fer not havin the kids then they come home and It got realy good now I have to do the same thing but its just bueatiful out today gonna have to check the weather:wink:
    Big Jim baby tender vittles-MMMMMMMMMMMMM beef is the stuff man!It clogs arteries - makes you fat and sits well-oh and taste mmmmmmmmmm Give me a steak anyday-hey they go great with ice cold beer to! Yes it is a bueatiful day hope you all have a good one.I have to go get something done today too Later!

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Happy 40th, Brian. Enjoy those new presents! Hope you have a good one! :009::009:

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Mornin' my friends!

Glad to hear everyone is getting along fairly well these days.

Happy 40th birthday Brian! I hope you had a wonderful day today and that you enjoy the new gifts you're giving yourself. I was watching "Jurassic Park: The Lost World" last night, and there's this one scene after the T-rex gets loose in San Diego. Everyone's runnin' down the street and one particular shot is of some Japanese men looking back screaming "Godzilla, Godzilla!" Cracked me up, and I thought about ya.

Mac, I too thought that was a great post about the ramblings thread. Thanks.

It's stormed here for the past three days, each time a good long downpour. We needed it, and all the plants seem extremely happy and look very green this morning. I don't look green, but I am happy that I don't have to water them for a few days at least. Don't even wanna discuss how much my water bill was last month. Hopefully the city doesn't mind me watering on a day that isn't mine, 'cause I do sometimes. We're still on water restrictions.....I live in the NW part of town and our day is Saturday. Only reason the NW part of town gets the best day, or the day most folks are off work and don't go to church, is because the majority of the rich folks live in this section. My grandparents lived here before any of 'em showed up and started building homes out this way. Supposedly the land is worth more now than it ever has been, but it would be nice the way it used to be - before we were taken into the city limits.

I had planned to write up a thread two days ago with instructions about all the new-fangled options we have available on the board. Never did, because it seems some things still haven't shown up/aren't working for folks. Thought I'd wait and be all inclusive, but maybe not. I must say, it would be nice to get some instructions now and then. I'm not on staff, but I like helping people out so maybe I'll do it just for fun. It's not like I'd get paid for it anyway, and the goodness of your heart counts :wink:. We'll see. If I do write it, think I'll call it "HELP: We're confused and we can't catch up". :big_smile:

Have a great afternoon people, and may happiness touch your lives today as warmly as you have touched the lives of others.

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    elbmar no. Kenny if ya can read that, leave the garage door alone. I think we may be on to something....
    OhNo, I'm not as good looking as Carlin, but thanks for the confidence booster....save some food for me, I'll be on my way soon as it's time to butcher....keep em off the wild onions. I'll spice mine after, thanks.
    If my deer hunting follows form, I'll have plenty of room in the freezer.
    I remember a dream from last night. Mr. Rogers and Carlin came to me and told me how to derail a train. No idea what's up with that ???
    I'm gonna get a haircut today....nobody laugh. All the hair on my neck is tickling my ears at times....and it's confusing, as that's the "signal" from my bitter half that the nuptial thing might happen. But I look in my wallet and see I got enough money for a haircut. Left over from the stimulus thing....Might as well do my part. And I hate a false tickle. That reminds me it's time to check the battery in my smoke alarm too.
    Regards to all my buds.

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Brian if the day is as bueatiful there as here you have it giong on.....have a good one dont know what yer beverage of chioce is but we will have couple ours fer thee ocasion:wink:Little later on!
    Boots the train has been off the tracks where you been how do ya derail a train twice?I cant figure it out !(LOL)
    Probably should leave the door lone its already took lights .....could be a finger next-gotta love livin on the edge....
    I am gion under the radar and riding the rails of the CRAZT TRAIN!!!!!!!!!
    Mans will the machine never stops........somebody save me its sunny!!!!!!!!!
    (BUGLE CHARGE!!!!!!!!!)

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OH ,BYE THE WAY....... Happy Birthday,Brian,Hope you 40th is as great as mine was.Its gettin better from now on,just wait an see.Shoot in 15 more years you can be classified as a sr citizen,at least thats the age they let ya go eat the cheap lunches here at the sr center:cool2:,Seriously have a great day ,Glad you joined us remblers.

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am scared wake me from this dream or take the spell away so I have a grip on reality-For cast no rain have bait -boating is open its bueatiful out and we are watchin the conditions fer a evenin run & the kids are being outstanding- I have to brag I have achieved greatness even if it is short lived life cant get no better unless one of us catch Moby or his kin:wink:and tis off our boat:wink:
    Load I was gonna say somethin to ya know I am all twisted in thought so we will wait....brain fert! I aint had no beer today:wink:
    After noon Mac time-speaking of witch Mac be with me in spirit this evening I need ya - I am foaming out the mouth fer something 15 and bove-I want one of them kick the poo out of you and let you know ya got hold of something-Prefer a cat but fer the fight I will take a carp - Were giong to have fun and money says we will catch something....Found out today we have some shad gut froze we had too much deer to keep and shuffled some stuff to grandmas and grandma reminded us so -oh yes the univers has opened ans the starz are in line-all the rest is timing -luck-& good ole fun we movin out bout 1hr.:wink:

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well, I'm back to talk about dreams. Had two really strange ones this morning, one concerning my Dad. Not gonna talk about that one.

I need to lay off the Chinese food.....although it didn't have that many 'shrooms in it. :eek:oooh: Maybe it's the MSG.

Wish I would've written all the details down when I first woke up, but ah well.....anyhow, I was at dafin's house in KS. A LOT of other folks were there, most of which I don't "know". Seemed to be a gathering though. In the dream, he lived right on a river, and his house had three floors. There were two kitchens. Wonder why there always seems to be TWO of things in my dreams?

The one kitchen was on the top floor, and was about the size of my kitchen; except there were only two corners of the room. The other two corners were cut off, so the shape of the room on one side was like half an octagon (stop sign). Dafin was there too, and I asked why there were two kitchens, and mentioned that THIS one was about the size of mine. If he answered me, I can't remember that part. The other kitchen was on the ground floor, a very long rectangular room with lots of windows looking out onto a screened porch of the same size. You could see all the way to the river.

That kitchen, the "new" one.....at least it seemed to be in the dream, lots of stainless steel appliances and up-to-date gadgets (although the cabinets looked old timey, knotty pine tongue and groove), was where I was during most of the dream. Don't remember what I was doing, except marvelling at how "easy" things would be to do in there, and the space. No one else was in there with me.

I decided to go check out the river, so I went out through the screened porch and down to the bank. The river was full of all kinds of animals, living their lives. Any mammal that lives on/near the water was there. Also lots of trash/litter and natural debris of all sorts floating in the water. I stood there and watched the wildlife for a while, wondering where I could find a spot to fish. Although it was a "gathering", I couldn't see anyone fishing, swimming, or even hangin' out on the bank. No humans at all on the river.

Went back inside, and upstairs I saw Ted, an old friend of mine. Haven't seen, or thought about him, in a long time. He looked odd to me, skinnier and with different teeth :eek:oooh:. We hugged each other for a long time, and it made me feel safe somehow. Then we had a conversation about our lives, and what we'd been up to in the past 10 years.

There is another part of the dream I can remember, but it involves dafin and some young woman at a nearby marina. Don't think I'll discuss that either :smile2:. All I know is, she didn't seem to mind exposing herself.

Isn't it amazing that even these "long" dreams are only supposed to ACTUALLY last a few seconds. The complexities of the human mind......be cool to be a different animal for a few days, and see what their dreams are like.

18. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    My Colonoscopy proceedure.

This is my experience.
    The names have been change to protect the inocent.

This is a ghastly procedure and then the doctor sends you a BILL for
    allowing him to do this to you, where is the justice in that?

.... I called my friend Andy Simms, a gastroenteritis, to make an
    appointment for a colonoscopy. A few days later, in his office, Andy
    showed me a color diagram of the colon, a lengthy organ that appears to
    go all over the place, at one point passing briefly through Pensacola
    . Then Andy explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough,
    reassuring and patient manner. I nodded thoughtfully, but I didn't
    really hear anything he said, because my brain was shrieking, quote,
    'HE'S GOING TO STICK A TUBE 17,000 FEET UP YOUR BEHIND!'

I left Andy's office with some written instructions, and a prescription
    for a product called 'MoviPrep,' which comes in a box large enough to
    hold a microwave oven. I will discuss MoviPrep in detail later; for now
    suffice it to say that we must never allow it to fall into the hands of
    America's enemies.

I spent the next several days productively sitting around being
    nervous.
    Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In
    accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day;
    all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less
    flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets
    of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with
    lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter
    is about 32 gallons.) Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes
    about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes - and here I am being kind - like
    a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great
    sense of humor, state that after you drink it, 'a loose watery bowel
    movement may result.' This is kind of like saying that after you jump
    off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here,
    but: Have you ever seen a space-shuttle launch? This is pretty much the
    MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you
    wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much
    confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything.
    And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink
    another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your
    bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have
    not even eaten yet.

After an action-packed evening, I finally got to sleep. The next
    morning my wife drove me to the clinic. I was very nervous. Not only
    was I worried about the procedure, but I had been experiencing
    occasional return bouts of MoviPrep spurtage. I was thinking, 'What if
    I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like
    that?
    Flowers would not be enough.

At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood
    and totally agreed with whatever the heck the forms said. Then they led
    me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went inside a
    little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those
    hospital garments designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you
    put it on, makes you feel even more naked than when you are actually
    naked.

Then a nurse named Danny put a little needle in a vein in my left hand.
    Ordinarily I would have fainted, but Eddie was very good, and I was
    already lying down. Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in
    their MoviPrep. At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of
    this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too
    tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full
    FireHose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house.

When everything was ready, Danny wheeled me into the procedure room,
    where Andy was waiting with a nurse and an anesthesiologist. I did not
    see the 17,000-foot tube, but I knew Andy had it hidden around there
    somewhere. I was seriously nervous at this point. Andy had me roll over
    on my left side, and the anesthesiologist began hooking something up to
    the needle in my hand. There was music playing in the room, and I
    realized that the song was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA I remarked to Andy
    that, of all the songs that could be playing during this particular
    procedure, 'Dancing Queen' has to be the least appropriate.

'You want me to turn it up?' said Andy, from somewhere behind me. 'Ha
    ha,' I said. And then it was time, the moment I had been dreading for
    more than a decade. If you are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am
    going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what it was like.

I have no idea. Really. I slept through it. One moment, ABBA was
    yelling 'Dancing Queen, Feel the beat of the tambourine,' and the next
    moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a very mellow mood.
    Andy was looking down at me and asking me how I felt. I felt excellent.
    I felt even more excellent when Andy told me that It was all over, and
    that my colon had passed with flying colors. I have never been prouder
    of an internal organ.

opj

19. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    opj, you sure had me laughing my @$$ off. I glad I have another 10 years to wait on the one ; )

Well I got my $75 Wal-Mart tire put on the van...ouch. We got 2 others not long ago and they weren't but $60 each. Unfortunately our normal tire selling facility was closed until the 7th.

I came home and watched part of a movie called " Jump ". Like usual I fell a sleep 1/2 way into it.

Just got done feeding the 2 youngins and then Jim calls.... He says "are we fishin ?"

I said "yea tomorrow at 8pm, at the Dam, right ? "

He says " yea, but lets fish tonight too "

So I guess I'm gonna go at 12:30am when the wife gets home, LOL.

At least he has concern for my marriage. He told me he hopes my wife doesn't mind me fishing so much, LOL. I told him "naw, I've learned over the last 13 years how to drive her crazy enough for her to push me out the door "....LOL. My wife aint the changing her man type of gal. I fished all my life and that's never gonna change. The only thing I've had to change is sitting on a bar stool......Heck beer tastes fine on a boat if you ask me ; )~

You folks have a good one. I'm sure I will drop in for a few words tomorrow before I crash. Buy Thursday evening I will be back in full rambling mod.

-Jim-

20. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, I feel like Mac, just got up from a nap. lol Naps are a good thing.

Talked to my calf guy, I'll get some Wednesday morning. The price of grain is such that the veal barn guys are happy. I guess you can get a semi load of 3-7 day old calves out of WI for 35 to 45 dollars apiece. Last year at this time calves were worth 150 or better apiece. Learned the only grain used in that milk is wheat. Veal barns will be making a profit.

So this week my herd will grow. lol lol I better watch it as when they are not worth much, I could end up with more. I'll have to put bows on them and give them away for Christmas presents. lol

One year they were having bad luck with calves they got from PN and FL. Heck they gave me 30 to 50 calves in a period of 3 weeks. And all but maybe 3 died. They had something that penicillin would not cure.

That year I had a Case 580 backhoe I was working/welding on. I buried calves all over the garden. Even put in some fruit tree's and did like the Indians did with fish, only I used a couple calves.

These 4-5 calves are not getting with the program type. Some calves do not like being chained in a 2 foot wide space and only being allowed to stand or lay down. Then just given a bucket of milk twice a day. Imagine that, they think that type of life sucks. lol

If I was a calf, I would be a reject Too. lol

PJ I have had 3 of those colostomy's and need another. Them polyps they find, I think every one has them. They just mess with us folks that have insurance.

You know it's like if some folks think you got money, they have their nose up your butt. Well these doctors are kinda like that, only they use a 8 foot snake. lol lol

Every time they look up my butt they find some. Once they find some, they have an excuse to look more often. lol

I'm being excused because of this hernia, or they would be up my butt nosing around.

Well I think it's time for a fresh cup of coffee, and sit in the porch swing. It's nice outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.