Ramblings - Part 5

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bootshowl, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It's gonna be a good day I tell ya. All my rambling buddies are in good shape cept fer a lil fatigue, crappie smell, wired from new Rx's, & hitches in the giddy-up.....It don't get no better than that. And for that I am thankful....
    Baitchucker, nine holes with a master gunney, yer testosterone is high dude.
    Don't plow under anyone today, LOL. And as Andy was wan't to say to Opie,
    "Act like somebody".
    Think I'll mimic PB, and just keep my head down today.
    :big_smile:

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Damn I feel good. I just got back from my guide trip with my serviceman. As luck would have it, he was Navy all the way. Can't tell you'll what he does in Kuwait and Alfganstan, but I was impressed.

Storming Norman was blowing again this morn., my wind chimes were doing their thing as I walked down to the dock. I also, turned around to go back to the house and call the dude and reschedule for Wednesday. But, I figured I could find some way to drift with the wind and I did. I charged it head on. We had a good trip, my client caught the largest fish that he had ever caught, plus a lot of eating size ones up to 8 pounds. He was a sport and released the largest cat, so others could enjoy fighting it another time.

As I informed you'll this morning, I had told him that I would discount my fee because he was serving our country. Well, the dude pay me my discounted fee and then handed me another fifty, which more than made up for the discount. You just gotta love them swabies. I took some photo's with my brownie for those that would like to see some fish.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My first post as a Master Archer :big_smile: Only took me 2 1/2 years :eek:oooh:

Well, it was a darn good thing we didn't go camping last weekend. Severe weather hit pretty hard. We had a tornado hit the county south of us. The next day, we had crazy winds blowing constantly. The kind that really gets annoying. Anyways, looks awesome for this upcoming weekend. I plan to switch over to night mode and target Flatheads.

Mac, sounds like you had a great trip!

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    anchors away mac,

he looks like either a sea-bee or a corpsman to me.

5. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    You've rambled into a 5th edition now. :wink:

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ya know I joined a year and one month ago. One of the first persons I had contact with was a person named EITHNE. She and I have had our moments. I still to this day think we respect each other.

I know I sure like her name. Sounds Hellenistic or Romanic. Classy anyhow.

My Mothers name was Athlyn. Never have heard a name like that. I saw the name Eithne and I was impressed. Have never heard that either. She has passed the torch to Bootsie. Carry it high Mr Boots, they are going to give us another shot.

Thanks Eithne.

Later, John.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Mac,goota love them sailors:big_smile:..im not biased or anything:wink:
    so my norton expired today..50 bucks a year.. i thought well ill just get a free antivirus this year and run that. well guess what my pricey norton missed..300 something tracking cookies. sheesh.. never again will i pay for that crap.

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Got stuck at home today wife calls me at 8 tells me she has to work a double.Now my oldest has to be at the school at 6 till 8 for marching band junk.I have a ballgame at 7:30 might have someone bring her to me.I hate missing ballgames.

Btw lets see how long it takes till the 6th edition of Ramblings come out.

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dang boots! i reckon you won the raffle this time.

whatcha gonna get with it? i think if i won i would buy me a skooter. (not slang for a real bike like you got-but, an actual motor skooter).

yup, just found a honda on e-bay for 250$. says it gets 90 some odd miles per gallon. that would leave me enough pocket change to go fishin with...

10. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dew,
    What kinda meds they got you on and do you share?:wink::smile2:
    I could use something to help me sleep at night and then have me wired all day. Would have been useful the last 2 years with work and school.

Speaking of school.........had my LAST final today. Got a "B" on it, but I still have an "A" for the over-all grade in the class.

I'M DONE!!!! :009::009::009::009::003: Time to party!

Will graduate Thursday night (with honors), then off to the bar afterwards, then BBQ and drink some more Saturday night to finish off the celebration.

Some of my friends from school were talking about my pretty gold cord (for being an honor student) and asked me what I was gonna do if I failed my finals and they took it away at the last minute.:angry:
    I just told them that they could TRY to take it from me!:wink: Pry it from my cold dead hands maybe, but I'd have to take a few of em out with me!:smile2:

Sorry, don't mean to brag, but I worked very hard for that. Since I didn't graduate from high school, and my sister did with honors, it has been rubbed in my face for many years. MY TURN!! She QUIT college! Had good scholarships paying for it and all, and then threw it away. Student loans and government money may have paid for mine, but I got my money's (the govt.'s moneys) worth.

Can't believe it's over. I gotta find a job soon though, or I'll have too much time on my hands. I might have to resort to cleaning house or something!:crazy:

I think I have to work 2 jobs. That will take up any extra time I might have. Plus I will have to work a part-time to pay for gas to get to the full time!:eek:oooh:

Dew, I still might need some of your meds!:smile2:

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    LETS CELEBRATE !

I'LL BUY THE BOOZE.

WAY TO GO SHELIA !

:smile2:

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tried to rep ya, but gotta spread it around!:angry:

I drink Crown Royal!:smile2: Might have to slip in a little Champaigne too!

13. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Congratulations Sheila !!!!!

14. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    you likey da crown heh???

maybe if i give matt some reps he'll have enough to buy you a bottle on my behalf.

congrats to ya. rub it in like a stain on a white carpet!

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Tonight the Pittsburgh Penguins face the Philadelphia Flyers in game three of the eastern conference finals. The Pens are up 2-0 and will need to keep the pressure on.

LET`S GO PENS!!!!!

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Was going to do this Wednesday, but this is close enough to Wednesday.

Saw a lot of quotes on graduation today. Hard to find one to fit your cyber personality as Mac might say. Here are a couple for ya.

"Put your future in good hands-your own" Unk

How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." Gabrielle Chanel

"To the uneducated an A is just three sticks." A. Milne

At any rate, I have graduated several times, the only time it meant anything is when I finally realized it meant something to me instead of someone else. I think you are close to that.

Congrats, Later, John.

17. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sheila,

I'm so happy for you! I tried to send my congrats in a rep, but my spreader isn't going thin enough yet.

BTW. The kids just found about a 4' snake skin... I sure wish you'd keep them dang things up yonder! :smile2:

I took the kids to Walmart this afternoon. Reminded myself why I absolutely hate going there. Next time I think I'll take some of my husband's "nice" pills before I go. I told him it was a good thing I didn't have an uzi, I might have gone postal. You would have thought that the only shoes in the world were there. I'm talking folks running us over to get to the same spot we were at. Finally, I went to an relatively empty area and told the kids to go get them some dam shoes and I'd buy em. Sure hope they fit!

It funny. I don't seem to have a problem in the sporting goods (fishing) dept. Either 1. The men are in shock to see a woman there, or 2. Men are more considerate and won't knock yer butt down to get where you are.

Needed something quick and easy for dinner. Kids talked me into chicken nuggets. Bought a bag of em, slung em in the oven and declared tonight "Lizard lips and chicken feet" night.

Yall take care now....

18. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Way to go Sheila so proud for you! I was a non- traditional student with 3 young kids at the time so I know what you mean about working hard for that! You go girl~:big_smile:

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats in order ,Hope I dont miss any ,if I do its not intentional,just my age :wink:congrats AP on a fine mess of crappie .
    dew for feeling a lil better ,keep it up hope you get better.
    PB just for being you ya crusty ole fella
    zebo for your lil rapport on thankyou's and your fanatical hockey :big_smile:
    opj just for being you
    Boots ,you are the new flag bearer now carry it with pride.
    Eithne this aint as much a grats as a thanks . Thanks for doing whatever it was to let us keep on a keepin on a ramblin!!
    Shiela you done good .Keep it up gal

20. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The Pens just won game three and are one win away from moving on to the Stanley Cup finals! Game four Is scheduled for thursday @ 7:30 on versus.

LET`S GO PENS!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.