Ramblings - Part 3

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Yesterdays sick call was the longest one I ever seened, it lasted until the wee hours of the AM. Most were treated for a scratchie throat, tho one was real sick and I had to work on him for hours. Sorry to say, all the white is gone and there is just a cup full of the rasberry wine left. PJ might want to share some of his grapefruits with some of the fellows in the AM.

Nature called early this AM, so I wander off to find me a nice log to rest on until the moment of movement and crap, I looked down next to me and there was my 22 pistol, all along I thought the Sgt. had it. I must have misread the smoke signals.

Supplies are getting low, mainly the hard stuff, and you'll know in cyper space a man does not live on bread alone. If I can find my partner, Tanya, we might go out scouting today for more provisions. She has a nose for the good stuff and I'm not bad finding the other stuff that runs an army.

Robe is stilling hanging in the cottonwood, it appears that the rain and wind did not get rid of some of the smell, it no longer smells like salted fish or mule wind. It has developed a skunk smell and I can't figure that one out. Cap'n, you didn't get me a pole cat robe, did you?

If you'll have noticed, I have tried to hang back of the front action, the reason being is that I'm was born and raised a Quacker and fighting is not our cup of tea. But, if push comes to shove, I will have to do my part. What that is, I will not know until it happens. Sorry Cap'n, I hope you don't feel like I have let you down, same goes for you other warriors and supporting cast.

Anybody seen Tanya, if you do, tell her to get back to the supply cart, ASAP.

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i cought a fleeting glimpse. big game i thought. too big to be a man, to agile to be a bear.... wait a minute! i know that profile. looks like big joe was on the lamb after all.

better hang tight on this ridge for a minute and check his back trail. i reckon' if i wiggle just enough he'll pick me up in his peripherals. he aint no fresh off the turnip truck boot marine. once he see's me, i'd bet cash money that he makes his way indirectly, just to be sure about followers.

i passed a stranger in the night last night. kind ol fella' couldnt quite make out what he was sayin'. he just kept jabberin' on about logic, and the lack there of in this part of the galaxy. he did give me some pretty nifty food though. i thought it was toothpaste at first. low and behold it was some of that de hydrated food in a tube. it dont taste grate, but i have had plenty worse. besides he gave me 5 of them, and they pack light. he also had a small grass rope covered flask filled with "the root of evil" as he put it. never have seen a man with such pointy ears, but they say it takes all kinds ya know.

if i had to guess, id say that walsh needs a weapon. maybe me an him can catch up, get some grub an evil in his belly, and then go commandeer one of those snake handlers boom sticks.

steady now! i think he see's me.

this is gonna be a good day!

3. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    See that your reading about our little adventure here.
    If you want to join up I sure could use an agent to get information
    From the other side.
    Just type on the key bord and will guide you to the opposition

4. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Never mind about the ford guys I think I just saddle up on the big horse the prisoner left behind.
    I think he called it a peacheron, what ever that is, I'll just gather all my supplies up and use the horse for transportation, any ways I need some time to think while on the way to carry out my list of orders.
    Well seems like he has a very slight hobble of the left foot, Probably from being left in the stall to long, that happens some times when the stalls aren't maintained properly and they develops foot problems from the manure and urine.
    Not bad though one I get to the "pinch" I'll clean it good in the river.
    Reload will be handling things here until i get back Good man for that and capable too.

Gotta be careful with this big bottle of "Jack Black"!!!

Come on boy lets do this !

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Sorry bout that PythonJohn, I was going to hook u up with that old deuce & 1/2, but we can save that for later. I have a feeling we are going to have to go round up everybody that fell off the beaten path!!!!! And that thing drinks fuel like u wouldnt believe....

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    been scooting and sliding arond all morning, making my way to that ridge in a zig-zag, backtrack mehod that will throw most any tracker off of their game. came up over the top of a little knoll and looked back and there were them 2 following me, wandering off and just a jabbering. i have known some farily crafty and cunning foes in my time, but these two sure aint got that going for them. they were kicking up so much dust that you could see them for 20 miles. i made my way up around the ridge and come up behind the one that had been following me. he had laid low for a while and i had seen a little fleeting movement every now and again. either he hadnt seen me or he wasnt tring to hide to well. better be careful with this one. i picked up a rock and threw it about 30 yards to his right, trying to see if he would flush out or take a wild shot at the sound. nothing. so i snuck around and low and behold there was JD, lying in wait and ready to roll. first words out of his mouth were "Boy you couldnt sneak up on a def man at a hoe down, you make so much noise!!!!" i told him "well its good to see you too, bro. the way you was moving around, i thought the entire 3rd regiment was up here." i asked him if he had any grub and he threw me something like a tube off paste. tasted like sawgrass and boiled squirell. i wasnt complaining though, chow is chow. we laid out for about 20 mintues eyeing the 2 that had been on my trail and they passed by us through a little wash and kept going along my old path. we waited until they were out of sight and then made our way down the back side of the little hill. got to get back to the "pinch" and tell the Postbeetle what i know.

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    we need to hydrate. i got a lil of the evil stuff left in this jar. might as well slug it on down before we start the double time. gotta warn ya though, it goes down about as smooth as a porcupine's butt. i imagine we oughta make camp a lil after dark. be nice to see that goat again. the cap'n called him a "fainting goat", back home we call it "liquered up".

at any rate its good to know ive got some muscle on my flanks again. i see they fed ya pretty well. other than the thorns stickin out of your arm you look allright.

maybe now we can pin the cap'n down with enough intel to warrant our first assault. we done the movin' an communicatin', heck you even got the inside eye, all we got left is square dancin' or shootin'.

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Well lookie there what comin' down the hill. Wavin' my soap pot spoon, I holler "Comeon boys, you ain't hiding from nobody with that scent y'all leaving around"
    You youngin's smell worse than a chicken chit spreader in the fields. Get yer hides in that trough 'fore I tan yer hides good.
    Take some of this here soap and wash behind yer ears, too!

I'll be right back with some vittles and sompin' to wet yer whistle.

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I's got that good go to town feelin' That feelin your gassed up and the car is clean, feelin'. The gal's awatin' and I got clean underwear feelin'. I's feels good!

Boots, Springer! Lock and load lads! Turn that carburetor just right Boots. I's got the feelin' that them two boys have hooked up feelin'. We are going to meet up pass tomorrow. We ain't no Persians or Muslim's. We is backwater boys and we know how to take care of gators and moc'cins

I's got that Rock and Roll feelin'. Pass the clips and pray God to take their souls.

(If we can't get through here I will have to summon Mose's of the North "The Blue Norman" to part the "Pinch". I am getting sick of clenched knees, he will part the "Pinch" for us.)

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hydration saounds pretty good to me. after wandering around and trying to keep them 2 off of my tail i am a might parched. they didnt really give me to much to drink down there. making camp sounds good. dont want to set up to close though. need to find some good dry wood and make a small fire. that lady down there is waving something at us. looks like a big old sppon. might want to listen to her, my granny used to have a big old spoon like that and when she waved it like that, she meant business. maybe she can help us out a little. dont want to trust her to much though. she dont look like she means no harm, but you never know round these parts. i will keep an eye on her. JD you go ahead and take a bath, i will make sure aint nobody goona come up and stick a knife in ya whilst you are in your birthday suit. maybe we can get some real chow from this gal. maybe she has a little white lightnin stashed away too.

11. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Now, that's the way fellas. Joey, take this here goat I found and tie him up yonder by the firewood. I got a job in mind for him after you boys get dun cleaning up some.
    After your done with the goat ropin', you can sit a spell and fill yer belly. All I have is goat's milk and sweet tea to drink, but you can pick a jug to take with ya of my medicinal stuff. You might need it later.

I seen where there is more of ya out there. You know the others? If you cross with em, tell em to come see me. The council ain't none to keen on y'all trackin all this stench to em.

I will tell you fellas this much. Other's have come your way and I ain't never seen hide nor hair again. I wish y'all luck.

You best go get that other feller out of the trough, I don't plan on haulin' no more hot water today.

Attached Files:

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Its gettin on to time to ready our stuff,Boys. Wilcat ,I need you a Bluejay ta gather all the ammo yall can pile in a couple o' them fancy trucks an grab one o' the jeeps with that big 50 mounted on it. We're goin huntin. We'll set up a little ways south east of camp an get dug in. I just got a feelin things might start a happnin b'fore too long ,specially since ole John is outta pocket for a day or two. Either of yall seen KITH ? I suppose he wandered off to gather hisself after that peyote business the other nite. Yall swing by the Cook wagon an grab us up a cache for a few days . we might be out a while.

13. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Well Boy if I had my guess I'd say Reload is geting ready for someting to happen sure hope he remembers about the pinch and setting up on the sides before the band of mothers arrive .

Ok boy lets see if you can find the smell of that billy so I can see if the Captain wants to talk or not.

You'll let me know when you smell your friend.

I have an idea hope it works or this pass will be a good place to die!

14. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I smell ribs.
    :big_smile:
    John said it's a go. I ain't dying hungry as I follow the smell. After the goat and ethenol, it's like I'm in a trance. I move slowly thru the twilight. I can see a fire glowing, but best be careful none the less. As I step into the light of the fire something hits me hard enough on the side of my head to knock the dew rag off and I hit the ground in a half roll. My right hand makes it under the vest of my left shoulder for the tanker rig's 1911 when a woman's voice holler's "You do that boy & I'll beat you like a yankee carpet rug!" I look and she's taken me down with what looks to be a homemade canoe paddle.
    "Shuck them clothes and take a bath. I smelled you 10 minutes ago."
    Yes Mam.
    "You know Chesty?"
    No Mam, but I've heard of him.
    "Well them last two boys in here kept talking bout em, & said twas no big deal to use the same water for their kind."
    "I got fresh anyway. It's hot and it's got your name on it. Razor and strop on the towel next to the tub. You get to it while I warm some grits."
    I'm down to the way God made me when she's back with a piece of mirror.
    "For you ta see ya don't cut off nothing ya might need; but it would seem it's too late."
    I hear her cackling as she walks away.
    By golly I don't think we need to worry bout our six, with her and that big Yankee on the train behind us. I got a LA howdy from him few hours ago.
    I ease on into heaven & the steam is clearing my sinuses. This is great.
    "Hey mister, want to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?"
    I look up an there's four of em.?????????????????
    I'm sure in my heart that God has a sense of humor.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Found me a nice lil ambush spot whils out ridin yesterday. Tall bluffs on each side ,bout half mile wide looks to be a great spot . just need to go slow so's we dont make too much ruckus tonite boys. After we get unloaded,we'll take them trucks back aways an walk back to the hidey hole we got . I'll be settin up on the south bluff with my big .50 sharps an Jay ,I want you a Will ta ease that ole jeep o'er yonder on that other one . It'll take both of ya to feed that monster 50 so feed her good . when we get goin at it. I'll let ya know when to commence ta shootin . Want to get em in far nuff so's they got nowhere ta run.

16. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    My lands! It's about time you girls got here. Quit playin' with the rogue and comere. Put them cookies with the rest of the grub and start telling me what y'all found out. Hush, just a minute. That goat is worried 'bout something.

Man! You better get dressed quick like. There's someone afoot! Don't rightly know if it's a friendly foot or not. Gonna find out here in a minute though.
    Grab ya something to go and hit the trail boy. I have a bad feeling about this one. Careful out there now. I'm tellin' ya, there's already been bloodshed.
    Whatcha mean? Heavens NO! You ain't takin' my goat! Git along now.

Heck fire. Tain't nobody but ole John. I hear him mumblin' to that ole nag he's riding.

John!! You comere you ole serpent! Where the heck you think yer sneakin' off to?
    I made this here tea just for you. Knew you'd be along directly. Did you find out anything more? Don't worry 'bout them girls. They don't mean no harm. Set aspell and I'll get you a fresh trough. Why ya walkin' funny anyway?

17. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Continued from Ramblings- Part 2

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Intermission, breather, time out, time to change the sheets, reel change, overhaul the engine, STOP a minute!

The referees had to change the reel just now.

You know I hate math, but let me give you some numbers on why the "Herd of Eight plus One" had to step in here. They got to clean up the popcorn for the next installment.

When this portion of this thread started About the last day of Feb. 03 I checked some numbers. At that time there were approximately 840 posts to this thread and 14,391 hits or views of what went on here.

When Eithne changed horses there had been 1,017 replies and 17,086 views of this particular set of shenanigans in seven days. That my friends is a change of:

1. 177 replies in a week.

2. 2,265 hits or views of this thread (probably most of them moderators seeing if we cussed too much)

That in my little heart of Bohemian hearts is amazing. You guys deserve a pat on the back for what is is worth. I know it has been fun, if not confusing. You are some fun wonderful and talented people. It don't have much to do with fishing, but it has sure a lot to do with who inhabits this place to make it what it is.

Eithene has the reel changed now and her next batch of popcorn is ready. enjoy the show folks. Thatttttttttttttts all.

John.

19. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Cap'n, can you project, at this moment, how long it is going to take us to wrap this endeavor up. The lib's are beating the drums about bringing the boys and girls back home. Also, I informed you earlier that our supplies are getting low and it is getting harder everyday to get the locals to share their provisions with us. You and PJ might want to advise us as to a solution to this matter.

The Lord of the North is on standby to part the waters or whatever, upon your request. He has a new shaft or rod, which he got from one of the cottonwoods that lighting struck. It is charged with energy and I have informed him to be careful with it, since it has not been tested.

Smoke signals indicate that our little endeavor has caught the eyes of the higher ups and that might not be a good thing. Too much exposure will limit our forward scouts and they might not want to do what they are good at, with so many eyes watching. You might want to instruct them not to be handling any puppies or other small creatures until we wrap up everything.

Glad to see the Sgt. looking down for a change, I was afraid earlier that he might be missing something closer to the ground. Next time you see Reload, give him an extra drink for a job well done.

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Moses of the North, disseminater of knowledge, healer of the sick and tired, this is where we are sitting on this perch before they saw the limb off. I don't want to let to much windbag out of the cat here.

I am heading for the "Sandbutte of A thousand Councils" to see four hooded beauties. They are the Princesses of Sublime interpretation, the keepers of the clubs, the ruling body that keeps men civil in an insane world.

I must get those women assembled in their glowing robes, their faces concealed and their thoughts unknown to the waiting world. I have a message in four envelopes sealed with a Klingon Claw. They shall receive this message simultaneously and do with it as they please. They control the thoughts of me as clearly as I can explain it to them.

Once they have received it I shall hang a "gone fishing" sign on a cottonwood and an Iron Horse will transport me to the Pisces Constellation. My big problem, which we shall resolve is whether to spool with Mono or Braid.

We have to get through "No Leggs" I have called the 7th, and if we have to bring up every Abrams they got we will get through the "Pinch"

I have bought a new dress and I want to do a little square dancing. Dust off the forks and knifes, I don't care how clean the plates are, we is going to have us a going away Part-taaay.