Ramblings-Part 10

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Let's start it with a photo of a rainbow I saw today.

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Here are the first photo`s of my grandson.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      12.3 KB
      Views:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks like Dan found the gold at the end of the rainbow.:wink: Thank goodness it's almost the weekend and we missed the foul weather that blew thru here Tue. Suppose to warm up this weekend and as much as i want to go back fishin, think i'll get in on the special nanny season Sat. morning. Still got a tag and room in the freezer. Gas is down to a buck forty a gallon heah and i can afford the drive north. Ya'll have a good one.

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You`re right about that John !!!!

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Skippy checking in for Number 10 Mac!

Thanks for the beautiful Rainbow.

Been doing what else?????? Working on the deck. I'm sure folks are tiring of my marathon project. LOL! Starting on the pergola tomorrow. The deck boards are done to the tune of almost 2700 deck screws! Man, that got old. Minor trim work left there on the edges...... getting closer but lots of little stuff to do. I am actually enjoying my project and it is turning out well. If I would have hired someone I know they would have just Pi$$ed me off with some sloppy work somewhere. Ya want something done right nowadays ya gotta do it yourself it seems.

Ramble on folks!

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    well isee we got moved again.im here but not very vocal so yall keep it up i enjoy these little insights into yalls lives.

7. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Howdy Ramblers! Back home again and I sure have been missing y'all.

Mac, thanks for the poem. You're a classy guy!

Skipeye, sounds like you're coming right along. Great job.

Countyhart, go get a biggun!

Ya know, I was sitting and talking to my mom yesterday (after I cooked her a fish dinner!:wink:) and was telling her about y'all. She looked at me and said:

"I thought you said you didn't like soap operas?"

Guess I'm busted! If I haven't said it before, y'all have a Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the poem,Mr Mac. And also for the cajun version Riverrat. Looks like we are movin on up,I would like to thank all of the newer members for helping this keep going. I got a lil 70 yd pump pour in the mornin,Thats when the temps rise above 32 We hauled 18 loads on sand to the plant today ,just the two of us regular drivers,That figures to approx 475 TONS of the grit:eek:oooh:Yall have a goodun.

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    How many loads does it take for a 70 yd pour? Sounds like a LOT of concrete. I don't know too much about concrete......one of my weak areas.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Darryl,Our trucks will hold 10 yds comfortably,So that would be 7 loads,The best part is it will be pumped,I love dumpin my load fast and gettin another,Might be unloading my mixer for all of 15 minets for 10 yds.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    if my math is correct, 70 yards should pour 5,670 sq, feet at 4" thick. You concrete drivers certainly make the difference in a good job or a botched up job. Livin in the mountains and doing construction, i've seen them pour where there ain't NO WAY i'm backin a load down the hill. My favorite driver in this area is "Lying Larry" he's full of chit as a xmas turkey but can flat drive and operate a truck. You should get us some pics of your work sometime Richard, i'm sure you've been in some tite spots yourself.

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    ALLRITE! Relieved of my command. Quick Mac grab the baton we are runnin outa room for the handoff. :crazy:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    John,I been in some of those positions myself,In fact one of our contractors specifically asks for either me or one other driver ,if we ain't avail. he waits till we are.:big_smile::cool2:

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    nice looking grandson Dan and again congrats Gramps. LOL!!!

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    forgot to ask how the new mom and dad are doing Dan.

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Mac,
    Thanks for the beautiful rainbow. Love to see them.
    Carry the torch well, and let's hope OPJ can find it when he gets back. :wink:

Dan,
    Congratulations on the beautiful grandson. What's his name?

Well it was warm here most of the week, with rain, now it's gonna snow. :roll_eyes:

Laura,
    Sounds like you have everything under control and doing well. That's great news! Love and hugs to you.

Skipeye,
    Glad you are feeling better and the deck looks great!

PB,
    When you quit smoking, just remember you may be worse than us women in men-o-pause :smile2::tounge_out: Hope Nancy has some back up plan for putting up with ya'........:wink:

OPJ,
    Were you just traveling in FL? I heard that some parts had snow today. :smile2:

BG,
    Still got the new car smell? Or have you slimed it up already?

Boots,
    I enjoy your philosophical view of life. It's much like mine........guess we are both cynics, huh?

Deb,
    Hope your Mom is doing well.

Richard,
    You ever wonder how much concrete you have hauled over the years?
    Or how many miles you have driven? Just a thought, I had.

Will,
    I love your new signature!

Well I know there are more I wanted to say hello to, like Dallas, Kenny, Johnny, JimmyJohnny, OhNo, JD, Baitchunker, PoisonPits,etc. but my old mind is about had it for the night. Oh yeah, good to see the Barse back! Thanks for the laugh.

And glad to see that Dayton joined the thread.:cool2:

Take care :go:

17. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Love the rainbow Mac, thanks for sharing.

Zeb, that baby looks like a keeper to me!

Richard, what do you do for those hands or do you just use them to sand the splinters of the banisters later?

It's been raining here all day. A good soaking rain. Glad to have it.

Not much to ramble about tonight..really.

But.. just a thought.

How many of you shampoo, rinse and repeat? Why are we supposed to repeat? Do you repeat when you wash your clothes, soap down the rest of ya? What exactly is the point in that?

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Laura,
    The point is to sell more shampoo..........:wink:

That's what I always figured.

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    WWWWWWWoooooooooooooo # 10......gonna get wild round here ....I sunk the fishing buggy tonight :eek:oooh: gonna just perch myself on the couch cause we know what time it is(LOL)Mama is smoked (LOL) & you all have no clue how smoked(CHECH & CHONG SMOKED(LOL) but do not fret the small stuff what does not kill us will make us much stronger or(LOL) make us suffer fer the rest of our meger exhistince(LOL) hey we sunk the buggy and wwwwoooooooooooooo....:wink:..what a ride ! Rambe with ya all later or put me on the carton but gotta go now:wink: WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:wink:ramblin on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    moving on up PaPaw Z thats a fine looking young man Mac thats one pretty pic i hope you dont minde but i stoled it for a puter background im a onest theaf lol dident think you would care it is killing me not being able to get out and tinker with the boat it look so nice out side today thout well i will go out and servay it a little what a joke walked out side that coled hit me i did a about face back in doors lol sat and looked at the finches and junacoes in the bird feeders today thay was bizzy today i engoy the little birds thats ben a hobbie for me as long as i can remember passes lots of time on thease coled days well im out for now talk at yall later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.