Ramblings#4

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Since we cant bring up the old ramblings thread......This is just for my buddy OPJ ,John, we need a ramblin thread right up front. So since its SPRING an all. I thought of all the past good ramblins I've enjoyed .I think we need a NEW makeover for ramblings. Here it is.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good idea Richard, lets see where this one goes.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :big_smile_2:I am heading back the way I come and runnin like hell-the chief is mad-me and his daughter was havin fun in the tee-pee and we got caught so.......I aint got no hair fer him to take and aint no way I have enough poneys to give him fer acceptance but man she is one fine lady:wink
    IF EN I WAS YOU ALL I'd run for your lifes now cause there aint no peace in the valley of shadows-drums are beating and smoke signals are fillin the air.......hope your powder is dry and your lookouts are sharp cause them engines are ticked....we have a comrad MIA and I wander what he done?:eek:oooh:YEE HAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have not fun fished in several weeks, but have managed to do my guide trips (stripers and bass). One of my doctors has had me on Cipro for 14 days and it will kill what ails you, but the major side affects is lack of energy and being drowsy. I have been off it for three days now, so I'm going to go cattin if the wind behaves.

I have some left over gold and rainbow trout from my stripers trips and the water temp. is getting close to the point that trout will not survive in our waters. So, I will be offering them to Mr/Mrs Whiskers as a peace offering, due to the fact that I have not played with them much this winter. I would offer to catch a big one for you guys and gals in the snow country, but the last time I offered to do that, I got skunked. So, this AM it will be all for fun, and if the big ones touches my bait, I will dedicate it to you'll. Mac

Photo's later if I get lucky!

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good luck on the water Mac, expecting yo see lotsa pictures!!

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see your back on track,Mac,I hope ya catch a bigun,but I know you will have fun today.

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    DO YOU EVER HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHEN YOU JUST DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING? YOU DONT WANT TO GO TO WORK, YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE THE KIDS TO SCHOOL, YOU DONT WANT TO EVEN GET OUT OF BED. WELL I AM HAVING ONE OF THOSE DAYS TODAY. THINK I AM GETTING SICK. I WENT OUT TO WORK ON MY BOAT LAST NIGHT AND DIDNT EVEN WANT TO DO THAT. I MUST BE COMING DOWN WITH SOMETHING. BUT I WILL BE GOING "CAMPING" WITH MY FAMILY AND MY BUDDIES FAMILY THIS WEEKEND. WELL THEY WILL BE CAMPING AND I WILL BE ON AND OVERNIGHT FISHING TRIP. LOL.

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wind blowing and swirling (10 to 20 MPH from all directions) but, I was able to catch enough for supper. Had a shot at a nice one, but got ansy and rushed it too much. Maybe next time. Started at 8:30 and quit at 10:30 AM.

9. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I thought I was going to get to go fishing yesterday but of course the wind started blowing and it got too chilly to go. Maybe one of these days I will get out there and catch my first fish of the season.

I am glad to see the rambln thread up and going again, my internet was down for about a week and when I came back everyone had dissappeared,, I sure do miss the postbeetle, I can't believe he just up and left us. The staff could be nice and tell us if he left on his own or if he was heleped out the door.
    :big_smile:

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    It's a conspiracy. Their in on it together. LOL

11. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=979436&postcount=16

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    nothing to ramble bout today just feeling meloncoly thinking bout beatle.man i miss his brain twisters.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Beautiful, windy, spring like day here. Took Mom out for a ride. Bless her heart, she will be 89 soon, and doesn't get out much.

We rode to the river and there were lots of folks out fly fishing. Trout fishing is popular there. Rode to the lake and saw one boat racing across the water. Soon the temps will rise and we will be hoping for cooler weather and less bugs. :wink:

Hello all you ramblers. Carry on.

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, nothing to ramble about here.... its more just like mumbling to myself. Another day of rain, hopefully tomorrow will be better so I can go fishing...rollo

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    looks like im all geared up for a long weekend. hopefully a good one.

some ol chums of mine that i played high school ball with (football and baseball) have decided to go on an all weekend long camping trip. we are gonna go camp on one of the sand bars up on the alabama river. kool. my only uneasy feeling about it comes from the fact that (like joe said) i dont " camp"... i fish. if im there for 2 days and 3 nights, that means i fish for 2 days and 3 nights. i know these guys. they want to bbq, drink beer (i am kool with that), pitch horseshoes, erect tents, cut firewood, swim, lollygag, talk smack, and who knows what else. none of those things are gonna go well with fishing.... but who knows?

at least i'll be out on the water. it is well deserved too. i have been working extra hours at the plant. on top of that, i just got done re-wiring my house, painting 3 diff. rooms, and i am about to hang a new cileing in the bathroom. not to mention a lotta yard work. i think i need a vacation.

Amy was very generous to let me go for 2 nights while she is still baby swollen. i know it irk's her a lil that i'll be leaving tomm. right after our 3rd ultrasound, but hey! i live dangerously. besides, for the past few months (well maybe just since huntin' season finished) i have dedicated every aspect of my free time to helping her, working at the plant, or fixing up the house. which is funny to me because the house was just fine for almost 4 years, now it needs a makeover b4 july 1st? sure....

anyway thats enuff ramblin' 4 now.

j.d.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Having a sorta Blah day myself ,Joey. I feel for ya but I cant quite reach ya. Anyway,I'm about to run down to the lake with my daughter. The G&F are milking the walleye and It's time to go walleye fishin.

17. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I'm driving my poor wife nuts. Went looking at pickup trucks yesterday and I've decided on a Chevy silverado. Now i cant make up my mind if i want a 1500 or a 2500. I did decide that I'm gonna get a 4x4 and its got to be the 5.3 litre. I found a 1500 with 19,000 miles and a 2500 with 13,000 miles both 05,s both red and both with the tow package. I'm going to try to make a decision today to keep Beth happy. She doesn't mind which one i buy, she just wants me to make up my mind. LOL. My 94 Blazer has about had it. Still runs good and looks pretty good but the fly wheel has a flat spot in it, so about every third time you go to start it you have to turn the crankshaft by hand about a inch to get her to start.
    WE had a beautiful day in the Northeast yesterday, temps in the 40,s but we still have about two ft. of snow on the ground. Its usually June before i can do any cat-fishing, hopefully this will be my last winter up here!!! Its snowing up here now and were expecting 4 to 5 inches. The good thing is it doesn't last long this time of year. Y'all have a good day!!

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good morning,BOCjust cant get over this crazy spring weather. Temps were 78 yesterday,then a cold front blew in,Highs today supposed to be lower 50s:confused2:. Steve,if youre gonna be pulling a travel trailer all over the country, do yourself a favor and go with a 3/4 ton or bigger truck. I know they make light trailers that can be pulled with half tons ,but I think the dependability will be to your advantage.

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sharon I read he left on his own-Da big guy himself said it so....what ever is up its his call.......If all goes right tommorow I will be posting my new motor-Me and my brother are giong after a 16ft jon with a 25hp johnson,giong in on it and I get the motor-upgrading a little more-I am gonna put my 15 up incase something ever breaks....will have a back up to:wink:

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    OOPS I SKIPPED A PAGE ang got lost again:eek:oooh:-Mac you aint supose to tell us you got excited like a kid and lost on yer a pro buddy:wink:Glad to see you had a good-un and wish I was with you some fresh filets sound good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.