The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

461 - 480 of 532 Posts

·
Old Squeezer
22,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Sometimes they blast it an nothing happens!!! LOL On the other hand when it gets ready to break loose you can' t stop it.
CarrotHead that sounds like something Lee would say.

Speaking of Lee, and I was, Lee when you win I will be happy to be your financial advisor on where to spend most of the winnings on renting some dancing girls.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Finally the ground is clear of snow and ice. I grilled steaks and baked potatoes for dinner last night. Got in bed early, 10:30. Got up at 8 today. Went for my 2nd vaccine shot. Got there at 8:50 and back home at 10:30. Sitting here to see how I feel before heading to get my auction stuff. 12:25 and feel good. Debbie needs a couple of things from the store along the way.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Finally the ground is clear of snow and ice. I grilled steaks and baked potatoes for dinner last night. Got in bed early, 10:30. Got up at 8 today. Went for my 2nd vaccine shot. Got there at 8:50 and back home at 10:30. Sitting here to see how I feel before heading to get my auction stuff. 12:25 and feel good. Debbie needs a couple of things from the store along the way.
Hope it goes well with your shot. Just like with covid it's hit or miss if there is going to be symptoms. My sister got sniffles, her husband who's a Dr just sore arm, my father in shot #1 so far nothing, I'm curious how #2 will go. I hope for you it's just another shot and your vaccinated.

·
Premium Member
23,793 Posts
It was too windy for me to drift fish without using a drift sock, which I don't like to do. So I went looking for some laydowns along the shore line and found two to my liking. The first one was ideal, but I didn't get a bite in little after an hour. So I moved to the next one, which turned out to my liking. I had a double on the blues and another one didn't connect with the hook. Fished from 12:50 to 3 PM. Here is a video of the double.
GOPR1742/LKN/DOUBLE BLUES/FEB. 2-23-22 - YouTube

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,143 Posts
Here is another my confessions of failure. Yesterday air temps in the low 60s today got up to 73 and didn't freeze over night. Snow almost all gone...so I thought...fishing! I got some bait out of the freezer and bought some night crawlers and headed for a spot known for cats.
Two creeks come together and form a leg of Table Rock Lake. This creates a big hole of water around 1/4 mile across.
On the drive up we crossed both of these creeks and they were flowing beautifully.

Okay so we arrive at the destination and I kid you not, it is frozen over from shore to shore, at least two inches thick. I walked up and down the shore looking for a clear spot I could fish in and finally found a spot about 30' across under a bridge. Well I wasn't driving 2 hours to turn around without wetting a line, so I proceeded to drown a poor night crawler without a nibble for the next hour. Wow, what a bust!

Sweet Wife didn't help a lot when she said on the way home, "It was worth it to see the look on your face when you saw all that ice!"

Sometimes she can be mean, IJS! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here is another my confessions of failure. Yesterday air temps in the low 60s today got up to 73 and didn't freeze over night. Snow almost all gone...so I thought...fishing! I got some bait out of the freezer and bought some night crawlers and headed for a spot known for cats.
Two creeks come together and form a leg of Table Rock Lake. This creates a big hole of water around 1/4 mile across.
On the drive up we crossed both of these creeks and they were flowing beautifully.

Okay so we arrive at the destination and I kid you not, it is frozen over from shore to shore, at least two inches thick. I walked up and down the shore looking for a clear spot I could fish in and finally found a spot about 30' across under a bridge. Well I wasn't driving 2 hours to turn around without wetting a line, so I proceeded to drown a poor night crawler without a nibble for the next hour. Wow, what a bust!

Sweet Wife didn't help a lot when she said on the way home, "It was worth it to see the look on your face when you saw all that ice!"

Sometimes she can be mean, IJS! :)
Lol. At least you went fishing. Imop even a bad day fishing is better than no day fishing. While you where drowning that worm I was at work wishing I was drowning a worm, you had a much better day than I did.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,012 Posts
This time of year we are looking for the holes in ice like that. Smelt, treble hook, steel leader, bobber. Northern pike at edges of that hole. They looking for winter kill to feed on. But then the rest of lake is ussually thawing from past three months. In your case dead minnows may have been a good choise.

53 today. Tshirt weather. Driveway is made for 4wd testing. MUD!!!

How the leg doing?

Maybe another two weeks or so may be able to get thru my theft deterent and prep boat for spring. Theft deterent is a foot of snow or so in yard going to shed. About 100 feet to get thru. Gotta time it right so dont leave deep ruts in back yard.

Often wonder what happens when you got a fish on one line, it gets tangled in another line, then that line gets hit also.

Later

·
Premium Member
Southeast mo Mississippi river
669 Posts
Few years back had 7 or 8 rods suspend 2 to 3 feet off the bottom drifting about .5 MPH 6 went down like dominoes it was a mess had to bring in one and cut the line 2 where over 20 pounders smallest 12.5 the rest 14 to 18 my buddy has passed since I will never forget that day we caught several more that day the 12.5 was smallest of day

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
870 Posts
I looked at the covid numbers for the world, US and a couple of states yesterday. Number of new cases dropping like a rock worldwide. Hopefully that will continue

We had a blood drive at work. They asked that anyone who had been infected give plasma. They tested everyone for antibodies. One of my co-workers tested positive for the antibodies. Never new he had it.

Neil,
I know it sucks to drive that far and get skunked. But i tend to agree with todd.

I was busting wood yesterday and came across this. At first i thought it was a wire or something. It appears to be wood.

20210223_172312.jpg

·
Premium Member
23,793 Posts
I wanted to give my old fishing shoes a proper burial today, but I don't have any thing to burn at the burn pit. As some of you know, one of the ways to properly dispose of the American Flag is to burn it, showing proper respect. Second best for my fishing shoes was to wrap them up in newspapers and put in with the garbage and take it to the public dump. I sorta hate I never did give it a fair chance after making repairs to it, but like Keef wrote, I would probably busted my can or cracked my head if I did. :(

How does seventy degrees sound, well dats our projected high for today.

·
Premium Member
23,793 Posts

Several centuries ago city and small town folks will put a ring around a tree suitable for them to tie a rope to or a chain for their goat and or other livestock. Dats is why sawmills would only buy logs from timber growth areas, Buying logs from towns, etc. was a no no, because it would ruin a saw.

461 - 480 of 532 Posts