The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

421 - 440 of 532 Posts

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,649 Posts
Keith the power problem is a storage issue. Hard to store wind or solar. Hard to store natural gas as well. It got cold and without storage of electricity or gas you have a problem. Gas wells were froze up, so were wind turbines and solar cells were covered with ice. My understanding was we had capacity to generate electric but no fuel. Coal plants don't have storage issues, the coal is good for years.

Mac get new shoes. Having said that I use shoe goo to glue mine together. Have 2 pair that way.

Prayers for PITTS.

·
Premium Member
23,793 Posts
"Mac get new shoes. Having said that I use shoe goo to glue mine together. Have 2 pair that way."

Mark, I have a tube of Shoe Goo, but they are only good for souls. Shoe Goo is holding my Muck boots together, I kid you not.

We are getting ready to come out of this horrible weather, but today and tomorrow wouldn't show it. Current temp is 29 degrees with a high of 46.

The Squaw has plans already in place for our next round of Stimulus jack, and it goes to kitchen equipment. I informed her that part of dat money was mine and she probably should have consulted with me on this matter and she said, "I just did" !!

More bad news from the hood. A 40 year old lady from across the street went under the knife to have part of her Colon removed due to a disease and was Coded on the operation table. She was put on a ventilator to support her life. Twice they have tried to take her off, but she can't breath on her own. Last report we have is that they will take her off the ventilator some time late yesterday and thus, she will pass on. May she rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,012 Posts
I remember from grade school the teachings of westerward travelers in 1800s. They would try to get across Mississippi river in winter when iced over. Some would fall thru. Many did that over Missouri also.

Maybe 40s this week for highs. It is nice to wakeup to above zero temps. Since we did not want more snow decided to send it south and east. Guess we will keep an inch this morn.

After getting semi ready, needs headlight and stuff, may get some other stuff fixed around here.

Later

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The sun was out yesterday and the temp was up. The street was all fluffy just before dark. This morning every car that passes has a crunch sound to them.
The seller for the auction didn't show up so they sold a few items from storage. I got a queen size down comforter for $10. Debbie yells from the living room, get the rest, I got 3. A quart of latex paint additive, suppose to remove brush marks for $1. I checked online, $20 at walmart so I bought 6.
Will take Debbie for her second shot sometimes today, hope to get back home before 12:30.
38 feels like 30 S 12 mph wind.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Feel bad for y'all that are getting that nasty weather, hope it gets by ya soon. No fishing today figured the snow melt would put em off so I'll wait until until next Sunday. Probably 3 weeks or so we'll hit pre-spawn for bass so the lake will start getting busy. I'm getting antsy I have a lot of new gear waiting to get used in a really good new spot I found in December that's a 5 minute drive from my house. C'mon spring!

·
Old Squeezer
22,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
I remember from grade school the teachings of westerward travelers in 1800s. They would try to get across Mississippi river in winter when iced over. Some would fall thru. Many did that over Missouri also.
#1 - You are older than I thought. Maybe even older than Mac. B.'s shoes.
#1a - Did Lewis and/or Clark stop by your school?
#1b - There were schools in S. Dakota?
#3 - Missouri's way of thinning the herd before walls were invented.

Note to the RHS: I know how hard you try but he just ain't gonna change.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Im having severe pain in my leg I think I'm going to talk to the PA when I go into my appointment on March 5th about getting a surgery consult. It may ruin much of my fishing this year but I can't walk,sit, sleep, lay down. It's miserable. Feels like my muscle is on fire and going to pop out of my leg. Oh well it's the story of my life

·
Old Squeezer
22,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
I thought I was smarter than this but I have to plead temporary insanity. Here is the story.
About a week ago BIG RED finally got to use her snow shovel. That part went well.
I even helped a little. When we got done there was still ice where we had driven on it before shoveling.
I told her I would take care of that with some driveway salt.
She quickly said NO!!! I don't like the white stuff left as it melts.
OK then - I went inside.
I looked out later and asked her what she put on it.
KITTY LITTER - Sandy told me it was good on ice.
I told her that kitty litter was made out of cooked dirt and it would make mud.
no reply - just the stink eye.

This morning she went out to get the newspaper and came back in with muddy shoes.

Now, I know better - but somehow I said I told you so. I instantly knew I screwed up.

Yep, I was right - I screwed up.

The gray stuff is kitty litter. The dark gray stuff is wet kitty litter.
I will never speak about this again.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Some help is on the way. These guys are just a few miles up the freeway from me:

421 - 440 of 532 Posts