The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Eagle watch day was set up at the big 4 lakes, with the pandemic they were canceled. You can call each lake's field office for the best places to view. If others show up that's up to you be part of that group.
Got the truck unloaded yesterday. Got the gate over the fence. Sat at the fire pit and had a cool one or few while Sasha ran the backyard. The fire smelt good with all oak.
Headed to get more sawdust soon.
40 feels like 36 SSE 6 mph wind.

·
Premium Member
23,787 Posts
Saw some unusual things while out in the F-150 doing errands the other day. First one was on the dead end road, you know where. Along side of the road was four of five young buzzards feeding on road kill. At first glance I though they were Guineas, but they were eating road kill so I'm going with young buzzard. Then on the way to the public dump I saw what might have been three dozen turkeys feeding in a recent cut down Soy bean field. But on the way back I pulled off the side of the road and then I saw over four dozen. Road traffic didn't bother then at tall.

·
Old Squeezer
21,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A while back there was a huge flock of buzzards that decided to make yonder their home.
They even took over part of the YONDER Navy.

Then the Eagle showed up - took the Opossum away from them and stayed for dinner

Mark, looks like a great day.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,008 Posts
One thing I love about fishing below Ft. Randall dam is the eagles that nest there. To watch them soaring overhead, then swoop down and grab a fish outa the river is neat. Mama likes to watch them thru the binoculars. That is ussual time for me to grab her pole for her.

When we bought this place there was an outhouse in woods here near the horseshoe pit. On the door it said, "hilary house". Never was told what that was about.

Big ice fish tourney here tomorow. 5tho for biggest fish.

Later

·
Registered
Dale - Missouri
37 Posts
One thing I love about fishing below Ft. Randall dam is the eagles that nest there. To watch them soaring overhead, then swoop down and grab a fish outa the river is neat. Mama likes to watch them thru the binoculars. That is ussual time for me to grab her pole for her.

When we bought this place there was an outhouse in woods here near the horseshoe pit. On the door it said, "hilary house". Never was told what that was about.

Big ice fish tourney here tomorow. 5tho for biggest fish.

Later

Was stationed in Alaska (Eielson AFB) 1990-1994, My son (7yrs) and daughter (5yrs) were about 20 feet down the shore from me on Valdez Bay. Shadow went over me - I looked up to see and eagle passing over my head in a steep dive heading for the kids. Eagle passed less than 5 feet over the kids and swooped up a dead pink salmon about 10 feet from them. They thought it was neat.....scared the poop outa me!

·
Premium Member
23,787 Posts
I seeded my tray with Borccoli seeds on January 26 and already a high percentage has sprouted. Normally, it take seven days, which would be Feb. 3.

No direct sun nor a warming pad. I rotate them every morning to keep the stalk from leaning just one way.

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,649 Posts
Keith we don't have ice. Water temps were around 40 yesterday. Bigger problem is they are going to lower Lake 2.5 feet for aerial surveys. It is going to eliminate some of the ramps I use.

By the way I don't think I can get into eating python. I like beef, pork, fish and some fowl. Even frog legs, but don't need any snake. You can have my share.

Raining this morning high winds later gusts to 40.

Thanks and thanks for the posts.

1 - 20 of 493 Posts