Ramblings ............. 17 ramble on!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Since I didnt see a new one,Here it is for all my friends. Lets see if I can get us through another just for kicks:wink: Mac I agree with the "whatever" But the one that just pizzes me off is" MY BAD" God I hate that . I over slept this morning,due to being awoken to the sound of rain at 4;00AM,not just any rain,this was falling so hard I first thought it was hail,no wind,just Big heavy raindrops. After I figured it out ,the light and drum show started in,I believe I just fell asleep before the alarm rang at 5;00, shut that puppy down and next thing I knew it was 6;15, SOOO I had ta rush to get to work by 7;00.:crazy::smile2::smile2:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Over the river and through the woods! Lets follow the load. :cool2:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see you made the trip,George.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Ya'll might not see me again for a while, but I'm here right now. :smile2: LOL

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    ***signs in***

-Jim-

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Man it is hard to keep track of these Ramblings threads. Right when you think you have control, out with the old, in with the new

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    hey i found it ,i must be doing something rite :wink:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Come on Tanya. How about a blessin for the thread. LOL!

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    THANKS Richard for pioneering us into a new dimension. Been a suckie day here, the rain you seen last nite fell on my arse all day. We're projected to get 6-7 inches this weekend. Homecoming weekend, paraids, tail gaitin at the school and all that crap. Not only that the annual mule jumpin ccontest which draw's upward of 5,000 people will be held at the school. I'll be mowin mule chit for a week.:confused2: Quit whinin Fish i tell myself, at least ya workin, even though it's chitty.:wink: Thanks to whoever started this bullshit thread to begin with, and you Richard and all the others that have kept it going on. jf

10. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Mr. Richard, congratulations on accepting this important role for the Ramblers. One thousand post from now you will be able to retire from this responsibility and look back on it and say, dang, where did the time go and how did the mod's put up with some of the things that were said and done. You come from a State with some fine history and if the other Ramblers and lurkers are not aware of it, they can read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico.

Youngest daughter was discharged from the hospital yesterday AM and appears to be doing OK. We are pleased to have her home (across the road) and relived. Relived and pleased that her three dogs are back over at her house. I almost stepped on a present one of her dogs left for me this morning.

I had to wait until 10:30 AM to go fishing yesterday and did so until 1:30 PM. Didn't catch many, but Jackie and myself got to spend some time on the water.

Weather guessers say that it is 56 degrees outside with a high of 84 expected, along with some thunder boomer's in the PM. SW winds of 10 to 20 MPH are on the horizon.

Post, did you know that you did a fine job on Rambling 8000 and 4, yep, you sure did.

OhNo (Jim) thanks to you, I got my coins out and checked their current prices on the Internet, to say I was pleased would be an understatement! Back in 1987 I purchased 30 $10 Liberty gold coins and talked several of my associates into buying them with the understanding that if they were not pleased with their investment or needed the cash I would by them back for what they paid for them. For different reasons I ended up with 32 more gold coins. Current price of those babies is $684 and we paid $130 per coin back in 87. My other coins, such as St. Gaudens, 1921 Peace dollars and other silvers coins have gone thru the ceiling as it relates to price. Silver bullion is also doing quite well. Even with this good fortune, it will not make up for what a lot of us lost in the Stock Market over the past years.

Did y'all known that 'Denver of the East' is a long ways from New Mexico? With that said, I will move on and let it be known by all men, that I wish and hope that each and everyone of you has a great day today and please to safe in all you do. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  11. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    /me raises my hand.....HERE she says!

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont post much any more but ill be lurking around and keeping up with my friends.what with my mom and my grandson its late at nite any way.ramble on dudes and dudets.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good morning all. Thank You for that link,Mac. I'm also glad your daughter is home and well. My daughter popped off and told a kid thst she was gonna hang herself. So yesterday my wife got a call from the school counselor,The whole thing was blown way out of porportion,but get this If it was that important,WHY did the school WAIT TWO WEEKS to contact us in the matter ?? Come to find out it was some minor teasing and one hurt feeling and to get back she told her mom who is the school nurse. :roll_eyes: Any way its resolved and the permission parper given us to sign requesting my daughter recieve counceling,were filed in file 13.:angry:

Its currently 40* this fine morning,heading for a high of 60 . The weather folk are predicting a hard freeze this weekend,and maybe a rain/snow mix on sunday. You have a fine day and like Mac says,stay safe.

14. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Morning All you Ramblers,,,,51 degrees now heading for the lower 50s,,, hey that's what my puter said,,,lol,,,lol

Another Rambling Thread---good deal----Reload ought to have our larders full, by the time this one changes over,,, we needed a true hunter to lead us into the unknown.

Mac thanks for the kind words,,, I never owned any 10 dollar gold coins,,, I have some 1 oz gold eagles and some old 20 dollar gold pieces,,,plus a few silver coins I have collected over the years,,,I like real money,, gold or silver,,,it makes a man feel better with some in a safe.

http://www.monex.com/monex/controller?pageid=prices

Here is a site that gives a 24/7 price quote on certain metals and coins,,, it gives one a quick basic idea on what is happening,,,,, I have it added to my favorites.

Reload,, schools today are silly in how they respond to stuff,,, I'm glad my younguns are grown,,,,

I did not do much yesterday,, but did have a couple folks call wanting to deal on stuff,,,I might have a 2002 Suzuki 4 hp motor today for my Pelican Plastic boat,,,I have a 1996 9.9 Mariner, I used for a kicker,,, then I took it off and it has sat,,,it is too big for my Pelican + too long. Maybe I'll have that 4 hp and some boot money.

Someone called about a propane/250 gallon tank I have,,, maybe I'll sell it Saturday,,,,,

I did get gas yesterday,, 18 gallon in cans and 20 gallon in the truck,, and I filled my Ferguson,, then I spread compost with the loader till the oil pressure dropped,,,lol,,,it went about an hour yesterday before I let it rest. Poor old tractor is like me,,, about wore out,,,lol,,,lol,,, but it has a payloader bucket on it so it moves lots of compost in an hour.

Today I need to really get started and not goof off to much,,,my wife was supposed to start a vacation today,,,, but noooo,,, she is working overtime, sorting cans,,, so I will plug along by myself,,,maybe I'll lunch at Julies,,, Fridays ,,,All You Can Eat Fish,,,, 4.95,,,,,A tall draft Bud to wash it down, and thats a lunch.

Well everyone have a great day,,,

Oh No

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Ya can run but ya can't hide. Lead on Load!!!!!

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jim now you got my mouth a watering, all the catfish you can eat... and a cold bud!!!!

Here it is finally starting to cool down....last week it was still in the 100's, today about 80....looking forward to that vacation in 2 months!

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't post much lately but signing in to the Ramblers!

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Mornin' folks. I'm really not in much of a rambling mood, but here I am. :big_smile:

Your blessing as requested, BG. :wink:

An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days,
    and warm your heart and home.
    May good and faithful friends be yours,
    wherever you may roam.
    May peace and plenty bless your world
    with joy that long endures.
    May all life's passing seasons
    bring the best to you and yours.

Sounds like a Hallmark card :smile2:. Y'all have a great day now.

19. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    How is that fancy rain suit ya got skip working for ya???? Since ya got 6inches of rain:eek:oooh::wink:

20. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This picture resembles me,,,:smile2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.