Rambling, Volume No. 18

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Before we get going good on this edition, a big thank you to Richard (Reload) for a mighty fine job steering us in the right direction. Time really flies when Load is in charge.

Now let's open the floor to discuss things , such as: what we are doing daily, if our mate is mistreating us, if our job sucks, bitching about not getting enough SS or disability payments, unemployment benefits running out for the eighth time, current events, family matters, the Capital of Plenty, cooking pies and bread, best ways to cook OKRA, our health, fishing, hunting, poaching for fish and other animals, landscaping, raising sheep for adult entertainment, rabbits, what our kids are doing (adolescents and adults), video's that don't stop every five seconds, special presents for those that you don't care for, how to vacuum the house in 20 minutes (I need to know how to do this), etc.

I don't know who made our pumpkin pie this year but it has some lumps in it.:eek:oooh:

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I was a little worried that I wouldn't find volume 18. I didn't see a link to click on, and I didn't see where it was located.....:smile2: I had a little initiative this morning, so I did some investigating and found where it was located....:eek:oooh:

Who told you about my sheep problem?

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Wow already a new volume. Seems like yesterday Richard got the wheels of BS to rollin. Ya done a fine job Rich and thanks to everyone who keeps this lil' part of my life alive.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Reportin for duty. :cool2:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Richard thanks for blazing a trail for use on the last thread ,lets see if Mac is as good of guide as you where . Hey i even found the new thread :wink::smile2: heck if i found it anyone can find it

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I don't know who made our pumpkin pie this year but it has some lumps in it.

Ya liked that one huh? LOL!

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! I think that I am going to do a turkey detox on me:eek:oooh:

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    "Who told you about my sheep problem?"

Ah, so we have another one. Now we have one in Texas, Awoi and maybe Misery. Cheap and Post could not have spent all that time talking and looking at the shed, something else had to take place, in his own words, just saying.

"Ya liked that one huh? LOL! "

I found it to be interesting, especially the grains of corn in the lumpy part. I have never had corn in pumpkin pie before!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here I am,,,,35 degrees here heading for 40 maybe,,,,my son is enjoying the LBL,,, he took his sand rail down for the weekend,,, I wish I was there,,,lol
    We had the first wet snow yesterday morning, come down.

Boy Rambling 18 ,, that's a lot of BS on this board.

Thanksgiving was good, my wife and I went to buffet last night.

Today I'm just test driving a new recliner,,,my wife and I splurged just before Turkey Day and picked up a couple new recliners and a love seat that is really two recliners,,,Made in Ferdinand, Indiana,,, Best Furniture,,,their action is smoother than Lazy Boys,, In fact is was smoother than Flex Steels too,, and Made in USA,, down south by Boots.

You folks would be surprised how much furniture is made in China or Mexico, that is being sold in these furniture stores,,, one has to ask questions,,,, as American made ones are the same price or real close to the price of the foreign ones.

Well that is all I know for sure,,, I ought to take the better half out to eat later,,,,if she gets out of the kitchen,, I want to make some pop corn balls,,, She picked up some cashews and pecans,,, I want to mix some of them in,,,Yum Yum..........You know they are real easy to make..

10. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Aha!

Ramblings vol. 18

Thanks Reload for a quick Chapter 17 seems as if we went into warp drive.

18 is sure to be a good Chapter in the book pf Rambling with Mac at the helm.

Well got by all the trimmings yesterday,more food than you can shake a stick at !:roll_eyes:

Wasn't my usual self this year, what I mean by that was I didm't try to eat all the food that I could hold and I didn't partake in any deserts, not even the pumpkin pie ??? :eek:oooh: not my usual style but I slept well last night... no Tums or Rolaids to put me to sleep :eek:oooh:.

* Just a few note s here before I foget.

-Oh No sorry to her about your loss

- Happy belated birthday goes out to jimmyjohnny-

-Deb hope your feeling better and are now on the road to a quick recovery-

- Anybody seen or heard from Will lately? MIA...-

-Congratulations are in order for my rubberbooted pal Postbeetle, he's almost ready to enter a new year beer free.
    How many sodee pops are you comsuming these days or have you gone to green tea like the Skipper ?-

End of notes for now.

So everybody settle back and relax, put your deck shoes on the Skipper gave us a good list to contenplate on.

But sheep, corn in pumpkin pie, and packages from George The Big is a little more than this ole brain can digest ( maybe I'll Ramble on it later:eek:oooh::smile2:.

Oh yea before I forget Y'all should mind your "Ps" and "Qs" they tell me that a Captains Mast is not a good endever to be invited to..

What say yee Skipper? :eek:oooh:

Here Kitty Kitty.... Opps! I mean where did Catgirl go ?

Now did she go on another vacation ?:wink::big_smile:

Boots I have some empty LoneStar beer cans and some granades in an old poachers pack if you need them :)

Oh No how about the popcon ball recipe, never made them but I have had them and they are good.

Hope all you Ramblers have a great day.

Later !

opj

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looky heeah,We done got ole Mr MAC at the wheel,How bout that. Well my couple hrs turned into 4 :big_smile: just made up for the 4, I lost on wed by gettin off early:cool2: Them boys must have lost their tape measure,or calculator this morning,They said they didnt want a cold joint in their slab,well they ordered 15 yards in 2 trucks{which could have held 20 together} I got poured out ,and memtioned to the foreman I thought they were gonna be short . He said How much you bring? 15 ydsI say. He says,Hmm we measured this morning ,figured to just over 18yards.:smile2: So the boss got to make another 40 mile trip,and the contractor got a cold joint in his pour. :smile2: I love it when a plan backfires on my day off ,Just goes to show,Somedays it aint worth gettin out of bed.:wink:

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't have a recipe PJ,,,just sugar and corn syrup, a little water and salt and some butter,,,get it to a rolling boil,,stir it often and when the spoon that I'm stirring it with sticks real good to the spoon holder on the stove,,, heck it's ready to be poured over the pop corn and mixed in,,,,watch it as it is very HOT and will stick to your skin like melted nylon. When it cools the liquid gets hard like rock candy,,,I think that is the basic deal for all hard candy,,, Very easy to make,,, and cheap too.

You can add any thing in with it,,, like nuts,,, my wife wanted me to try adding candy corn in with the pop corn for Halloween, but I don't need to make tons. I usually make about 4-6 Butter Lovers micro wave popcorn bags full of product,,,,that fills our one big mixing bowl nicely and makes easly 24+ balls,,, then wrap with plastic wrap and your good for a week or so, as long as not too many get stolen,,,,lol,,,lol.

13. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    I read way back in this Ramblings 'cause I'm pretty new here, I will tell you there are some minds here that could be twins to the one that people say is:tounge_out: in my head. I didn't think there were any even close.:smile2::smile2:

14. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Been thinking about this one for the last few days along with another one, it will come later.

Use to share a shelter half with a friend who every chance he got he would spin this one up.

When I ask him why he liked it so much he said it reminded him of his dad who had pased away.

I aways thought of it as a "tear jerker"

But everytime he played it a smile would emerge from his mostly solem face.

This one is for you J.P. wherever you are tonight hope you are doing well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvW6_-TP5cs

Night all you Ramblers.

opj

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Used to listen to that in 1952 in my mother's sewing room as she darned our clothes. Big old cabinet radio and just peace in that room. Thanks. Anyhow...............

I have been on Pins And Needles waiting to see who picks up the reins to drive this Conestoga down the next trail. And it is fitting it is Mac., 'cause Mac. you know what the National Calendar Day today is? Today is "Pins and Needles" Day. Goes along with my Ma's old sewing room too, them "Pins and Needles" everywhere. Kinda neat.

Schlumbergera bridgessii it is and Shclumbergera truncata it is not. And it sure as He$$ ain't Rhipsalidopsis gaertnertii. So why is it doing what it's doing? Has been an old faithful to us for over 20 years and now the sucker is a month ahead of time. Got this puppy in 1989 from an old carpenter who was retiring and moving across the state. He gave it to us, moved and promptly died. Poor devil.

This thing was over 45 years old then, add another 20 years and it is probably Mac's. long lost brother. Anybody know why this happened? It was right on the button, like Jesus coming out his tomb three days after dying. (Need a Rhipsalidopsis gaertnerii for that, anybody got one?). Just don't know why it has screwed up. Now remember it ain't Schlumbergera truncata. Hope it ain't a bad omen. Stuck in some pictures, if anybody can make a diagnosis let me known. I am in a quandary.

Later, John.

PS got some news about my offspring gonna tell ya about this weekend.

16. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Okay, about the Schlumbergera bridgessii..... Do you keep it outside during the warmer months? Did you move it inside earlier this year than you normally do? I think it has something to do with the amount of darkness it gets when it starts blooming. Could this be a because of earlier cool weather? Or is it just Jack Frost trying to turn the Schlumbergera bridgessii into Shclumbergera truncatas.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont know a thing about whatever that weed you got in that pot is or why John,But its pretty nice lookin.,I could use a little spritzing around my yard. I think we might try planting some flowering stuff around,One that does well here is russian sage,you ever seen any?

18. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Good morning from 'Denver of the East', where it is 34 degrees heading for 29 before first light. High today is estimated to be 53 with an over night low of 29. Wind will be lite today out of the NW.

Post, we call ours (http://www.demesne.info/Garden-Help/Indoor-Plants/Christmas-Cactus.htm) a Christmas Cactus and in the thirty some years that I have observed it, it has bloomed mightily at Thanksgiving time on several occasions. Each time it blooms early, I always tell me wife the the Cactus in being affected by Global Warming. You know, I'm sure, that they are females, so whats the big deal with it blooming a month early. Our plant originated from my wife's grandmother on her mother's side of the clan that had eight daughters. When one left to setup house keeping, she would give them a Christmas Cactus. The daughters did the same with their daughters and we have done the same for my daughters.

Speaking of mothers, I'm sure your mothers told you that only mischief takes place when you are out after 11 or 12 at night. Appears that Tiger Wood, probably the greatest golfer that ever lived, did not hear this from his mom. Cause the other night at around 2:30 AM he backed his SUV out of this driveway, hit a fire hydrant and a tree, and was taken to the hospital for minor injuries. His wife used a golf iron to break the rear window to get him out of the SUV. Maybe he was hungry and he was going to Subway to get him one of those foot long sub's for five bucks. Yeah, I bet that was what was on his mind.:wink:

One of my old bud's (WylieCat) is coming over this AM and he and myself are going to go cattin' in thirty degree weather. I sure hope we will not be wasting our time.

Son in law worked Thanksgiving day (second shift) and got payed 28 hours for eight hours of work. Not bad if you can get it.

"Pins and Needles", thats an old saying, any of you older folks know where it came from?

I hate to start the day off making a major decision, but I have one. That is, can I squeeze in a hour and half nap between now and say, 7 AM. While I ponder this situation, y'all have a good one, be safe and remember the 'Golden Rule'.

19. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well it's Saturday and that means it will be Saturday night tonight, unless I am wrong and I have been known to be. And that means it's time to brush your teeth, take your weekly bath, have Ma help you put your boots on and find your best cowboy hat. Because this National Calendar Day, this 27th of November is .................................NOW JUST WAIT a minute here! Holy cat puke I screwed up.

This ain't Saturday and this ain't the national Calendar day I thought it was. I am embarrassed. And I had a good post all lined up. Ya all will just have to wait till tomorrow for that one. Holy cat dental calculus, I screwed up.

Today's National calendar Day is "Pins and Needles Day. I screwed that up too. I posted that yesterday. Holy cat dirty litter box. I am embarrassed.

Let me check my handy dandy National calendar Day thesaurus here and make sure.

Holy cat hairballs! WAIT JUST A MINUTE here. It IS Saturday, the 28th of November. How in Sam Hill did I screw that up? Disregard everything I have said up to this point except for the first paragraph. Pretend it didn't happen. Now as I was saying...............

Have Ma help you find your little blue pills, forget the boots, cause today's National Calendar Day IS "Make your own Head Day". How does one go about making their own head? Stick it in a pencil sharpener and rearrange it, have somebody take after ya with a baseball bat, read Al Gores Global Warming Book, join this forum? Holy cat diarrhea, how do you make your own head and what do you do with it after it is remade?

Tomorrows National Calendar day will be much easier and I want you all to participate when I tell ya what it is. Ain't ya excited?

Later.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good morning all its35* here heading for somewhere around 60* before the clouds roll in from the northwest with S N O W,Yeah right,We'll see what tomorrow brings.Mr John Did you forget your coffee this mornin??
    I wonder if making you own head might mean BEER or maybe a statue,Ah well,who knows.Gonna put the ole tree up sometime today,and I have a few more chores to get done this fine day,I just hope I do ,instead of layin on my backside in front of this screen:wink: Mah yall have made Ramblins a place I just wanna hang with all day. Yall have a safe one .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.