Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Yea Keith them otters will clean out a pond or small lake fast. Watched a family of them clean out a whole creek pool one day. They herded all the big chubs and stone rollers up into a shallow cut with no way out. Ate em all. They are rough on the sliver carp seen a time or 2 they have worked high water holes and killed 100s just eating the heads and guts of 1/2 lb silver carp.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Hey all yall ramblin' ramblers!! Thought I'd stroll thru & speak a hidey-do to you. It's been a while, life tends to happen when nobody's looking.
2020 stunk like stank bait & 2021 wasn't much better. Becoming a grandparent is awesome tho. Knees are shot, hair is gray, eyesight is horrible up close but I'm still me & working every day I can. I've blinked a few times since I been in here, glad to see yall keepin the dust kicked off this place. It's good to see yall again.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,515 Posts
Hey all yall ramblin' ramblers!! Thought I'd stroll thru & speak a hidey-do to you. It's been a while, life tends to happen when nobody's looking.
2020 stunk like stank bait & 2021 wasn't much better. Becoming a grandparent is awesome tho. Knees are shot, hair is gray, eyesight is horrible up close but I'm still me & working every day I can. I've blinked a few times since I been in here, glad to see yall keepin the dust kicked off this place. It's good to see yall again.
I've only been around a couple years so I can't say that I've seen your name but I'm guessing from your tone you've left a message or two and from the words you seem like a fun person. Hope to hear more from ya and other an any other old timer lurking.

·
Super Moderator
24,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 ·
VA assigned my foot care to an Orthopedic Clinic close to where I live several months ago. . They did some preliminary molds of my feet a month ago and yesterday I picked up two sets of the insoles and picked out two types of shoes (one a New Balance brand and the other a Wolverine). I will pick them up this coming Monday. Back in the old days they furnished you an old style dress shoe, one black and one brown or the round type shoes for those with Diabetes. For the hard working souls, they can get steel toe shoes, how bout dat. Been told I will get two pair of shoes each year, from here on out.

Welcome back Punkin, are you still collecting license plats.

·
Super Moderator
24,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #990 ·
Beem busy in the kitchen this AM putting together my Sketty sauce. It's in the 'slow cooker' right now and will be cooked on low fer bout 7 hours or so.

Keef, a bunch of my river rat buddies have those side imaging things, $1,500 to $3,500 fer one of them. You can betcha I won't be buying one in this lifetime.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Hey Punkin, glad to see you back, tell Hershel hello too. Yep, it's been a few years, Debbie and I are doing pretty good.

Went to pick up my stuff at Tunica auction house. The 12/3 extension cords turned out to be 16/3, I didn't get them. Can get that size about $2 cheaper at most stores. They were setting up to do a zoom auction soon so I headed to M&M auction house for my stuff. I headed south on Hwy 3 from Robinsville, MS to the intersection of Hwy 4 and headed to Senatobia, MS. The last few miles of Hwy 3 were under construction, widening the road and replacing bridges. I had to take a detour that I've never been on before. The reels are Zebco Slingshot 20 spinning, they will be for bait and pan fish. At a house close to M&M someone built a handicap ramp, It covered part of 3 steps to the porch. Looked to be about 8 ft long, kinda short and steep. A pile of fresh cut TP boards were left at the street. I brought them home, let them air a few weeks then rip into stripes. Add a few to an outdoor fire as needed to keep mosquitoes away. New TP lumber isn't bad as the old green stuff. I drove I-55 back to Horn Lake, stopped at the Chicken House and brought dinner home. I turned Porky's zoom auction on just as they were saying good night at 5:10. M&M zoom auction started at 6. The vendor had a 22 piece Craftsman SAE wrench set, started with 1/4" and can't remember how big the largest one was. If it was Metric I might have bought it for my grandson, but he needed $300 to pass it. Looking online I can't find it. The auction ended at 9 pm and I watched Utube westerns until 11:30.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,573 Posts
Tree rats have gotten wise to me. Now when I step out near garage they run. So gotta aim the bottle rockets to trees. Guess I gotta get a bit more sneaky. Maybe come around from back of house.

Never have figured out how to get the views on my SI unit like one sees on ututbe. Had to use the old Garmin to figure out what the bird was telling me on fish. Now I basically just look for depth changes. Anchor then cast to them.

Craftsman used to be a good tool. Hand wrenches still not bad. Anything else anymore will not hold up.

Liked the old joke of the game warden finding out how one fisherman always got fish. The GW was handed a lit dynamite stick and asked if he was just gonna hold it or fish. As a youngun used the m80 crackers for fishing.

Have always wondered what many used for hooks back 200 years ago.

Later

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
tonya was off today...was gone all day...drove all the way to tulsa...
gotta 9-week old boston terrier puppy...mike wants to call him
tater chip...mike brought home thighs after i texted him...said he
didn't get it...i put'em in the freezer,,,he's grillin' now...sweet taters
and stuffing to go with it...the boston has sharp nails...megamillions
draws tonight for 171m...let you know the results tomorrow...SCATS...

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,515 Posts
Bought an island cart and microwave cart from a website called Aosom (pronounced awesome). The microwave cart was perfect, has a butcher block top. But the island cart had a door broke, and multiple misaligned pieces. It was a piece of junk. I got on the web site and got on a live chat and three person was real nice. She offered a refund or replacement. I took the replacement. I asked about the one that I had just about together and she said scrap it or donate it or whatever I want. Great customer service.

981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts