deer after sitting with richard and mike for a bit before the
chihuahua of richard and ginger(lola) ran me off...she doesn't
like me...powerball draws tonight...let you know the results in
the morning...SCATS...

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Today was OK I guess but could have been better. Spent time at Home Depot getting 2"faux wood blinds for the house. Stupid things range from from $30-98 and after 8 windows worth I figure I was broke enough for the day. Now I have to hang the darn things. I have 3 hung, it wasn't too bad except for 1. But like I say a lot now we are getting there (my new mantra)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Justin, when the kids were little brother-in-law bought a new house. Debbie gave them mini blinds, I had to hang them. I placed the brackets where they needed to be, marked the holes, drilled a starter hole and ran the screw in and removed. Place the bracket in place and ran the screws in, hang the blind, remove the extra slats. It took about an hour on the first one and a bit less on the rest. The kits came with 3/4" screws. I replaced them with 1" screws since going through half inch sheet rock. I got a late start, got 8 of the 9 windows covered then it was time for me to go to work. Brother-in-law will hang the last one she said. I don't know what he did, but he screwed it up. I never went to straighten it.
I went through a few boxes and filled the trash can. Haven't used it in the 3 years being here, throw it out. None of the good stuff was trashed.
I watched the zoom auction and chatted with another person a lot. Watched a face book auction at the same time. 10 small buckets for $3 is the only thing I bought. They will be used for butt cans while outdoors and I'll fill some with Citronella wax. Porter Cable drill I paid $40 for the other day sold for $21, the bidder took both. Wonder what the bid would have been if I stepped in.
The bag on my lawn vac is like Frog Tog material. One will last about 2 weeks before there's a hole in it. It's a Green Line brand from Aldi, $35 when I bought it. The first bag was replaced free, $10 plus shipping for anymore. I've looked at other brands of blower/vac and they have the same bag material. They cost $70 and up.
The blade is still at that small town post office, no delivery today.
57 feels like 57, S 15 mph wind. WG says to be prepared for the storms this weekend. They are expecting flooding in areas.

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #853 ·
Finished blowing the rest of the leaves into the gully, then around 11:30 I headed out to try out some real small Road Runners tipped with a very small white grub to see ifin the bass/hybrids or perch would be interested in such a bait. Didn't have a problem getting a bite, ended up with four spotted bass and six white perch. Wind was swirling a tad so I headed back home around 1:45.

GOPR2215/LKN/Bass on a Road Runner/Dec. 9, 2021 - YouTube

GOPR2214/LKN/Spotted Caught on Road Runner/Dec. 9, 2021 - YouTube

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Some of the small time vendors at the auction house will have items that came from those stores. I could do the same with some items I see on clearance. One store closed, they had Smart Buy toilet tissue $1.25 per pack, 6 mega rolls. I bought 24 packs for use at home. One vendor must have bought all they had. At auction it may sell for $2.50 to $4 per pack. Another vendor goes to the Post cereal plant in Jonesboro, AR and buys a truckload of over runs. They make Malt-O-Meal cereal too. At the dealer's auction you can buy it by the case cheap. At auctions it may go for retail, like the Fruit Loops I got on clearance this week.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
i went to tacobell and ate...then went to the A.T.M. at beths...
both girls crapped at eleven...mike got home then tonya...
he's on the couch...she's cleaning her car out...she said
she is going x-mas shopping saturday...then having x-mas
at her moms in belton the saturday after...no clue on the
supper...will feed the deer ina hour anda half...SCATS...

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,374 Posts
After working 50 years ya get every day off. No pay tho.

Could almost be declared a grinch. So many folks dreaming of a white xmas are causing MNature to give it to us early. Friday, 6 to 10 they say. Seems like they seldom get that wrong. The lying about back up to 50 by middle of I bet.

Oh well. Plow ready, got cigs, got food, emergency heat, etc. Dont worry bout a couple 5ths and keg of beer anymore tho.

Later

841 - 860 of 1000 Posts