Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
801 - 820 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,710 Posts
Good morning Ramblers! Going to be a busy week. Today is butcher day. Got a buck and a doe on Thursday morning. They have been hanging in cooler since. Will get processed today. Buck was small, but big enough to chase the doe. Sitting there before shooting him I realized I was tired and needed a break from either hunting or demo of house.

Been tired all weekend was at daughter's house for 10-1/2 hours Friday chipping tile and scraping popcorn ceiling. I don't recuperate as fast as I used to.

Will winterize RV and shop on Tuesday. Then go to oldest daughter's graduation on Friday, she is getting her masters degree in finance.

Will have 2 of 3 girls with masters degrees and the third with a bachelor's degree. The one with bachelor's degree makes about 10k a month selling RVs. They will be able to provide for themselves and are off my payroll. Proud of all them. Will also be grandpa again in May.

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 ·
Keef, believe it or not, the leaf blower was still under warranty and will be fixed by the dealer.

Just got a call, the coil for the engine on the leaf vacuum system is under 'back order' !!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Heavy rain came through twice before the dealer's auction started yesterday, more to come later.
The auction started a 12:30 and ended at 11:20. I didn't buy much, $42 worth, about half of retail. But that depends on where you shop. Something new, the main seller would run 2 items between each of the other sellers then finished the night. Seems like everything he ran he needed so much to pass it and you had to buy it by the case, not by the $10 table limit. Next to last seller had a case of 4 spinning 8 ft catfish rods. They sold for $15 X 4. Only fishing stuff at the auction. Between each seller the auctioneer would give away an item to a person live at the auction and 1 to an online person. Everyone got 1 free ticket, you could buy more, 1 ticket for $20 or 10 tickets for $100. I didn't buy extras and didn't win anything. The next to last drawings a person live and online got a 20 gauge shotgun. The last was for a choice of a 4 wheeler, Vaspa scooter or $1,000 cash. The winner got the cash. Others were asking about the drawing for the other 2 items. They didn't pay attention, choice...
One item that the main seller ran was a large pack of White Cloud toilet tissue. The bid got to $16, he needed $20 to pass it. One online person said it was $44 at walmart. I looked, through another seller, have to order and wait for shipment. Another online person said it was $22 at amazon. I searched online and found it for $17.50. They didn't like me posting that one.
MS reports the first case of the COVID-19 Omicron variant in the state. A fully vaccinated individual who recently traveled to New York. Didn't say where this person is located.
Heavy winds and rain woke me at 4:40 am. This morning looks like I didn't remove the leaves from the patio Saturday.
55 feels like 55, NNE wind 20 mph. Could see 32 degrees at 3 am.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,374 Posts
Yep, got a tad chilly today. Last night it was up to 20 with 35 plus winds. Now 17, but wind not as bad.

Phone call yesterday from nephew. His dad, my half brother passed in Bullhead City. 84 he was. Nephew on his his way down there from Oregon to do paperwork. Figure he kinda gave up as his wife passed 2 months ago. May be going to Colorado this summer to see them. Cousin is planning a get together out there. Where, do not know yet.

Ma made me go to town this afternoon. Ended up spending 50 bucks.

Later

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·
We have so many Spotted Bass that the Wildlife Comm. gave us the green light to keep any size we catch. I'm catching them and eating them, so are many others. Believe it or not, they fry up better and quicker than a catfish and taste a tad better, but not as good as a crappie, IJS

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
We have a a white bass out here that gets up to 11" but most hover around 8-10". They are a hybrid I believe but I'm not for sure but they are no limit. People will bring 5 gallon buckets and fill them but I find it sucks fileting them. They don't give much meat but they make as good of a fish taco as any fish I've had.

·
Horse-MON
22,713 Posts
Mac I never did care much for bass , real bass, or other so called bass, I probably ate one white bass a year, couple a small black bass , of the many species, and NO big crappie, 9 to 10" is what we eat. You might say I'm picky??
Oh not again it feels like 10!!!!!! Brrr

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,710 Posts
ODWC has been talking about this for at least a year on their TV show. We're wanting people to keep bass that were legal size. Will let tournaments keep more than one 16+ fish.

Got a new to me grinder for meat. Last year I spent 4 hours grinding and packaging 68 pounds of beef. We ground and packaged 60 pounds yesterday in an hour. The grinder sure made it fast. We added 10 lbs of beef suet so it can be fried. 50 pounds went through the 3/8 plate in about 5 minutes.

Get rv winterized today and final clean up from butchering.

801 - 820 of 1000 Posts