Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
721 - 740 of 1000 Posts

·
Horse-MON
22,713 Posts
The MDC in their finite wisdom put those short nose gar in Henry Sever lake, a small crappie lake, it was loaded with eater size crappie you could get a limit in no time, the gar ruined it for me.
Now I must ask, what do you do with those gar?? Is it like horns? you don't eat them??

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·
It's not just your Wildlife folks that do things to affect local fisheries, IJS. Back in 1931 Brown and Rainbow trout were stocked in Lake Mead and became a popular place for trout fishing. Then, this happened after stocking stripers in Lake Mead in 1961.

"By 1974, striped bass dominated and trout fishing declined and stocking occurred on and off since 1983. The last trout stocking occurred in 2011 due to closure of Lake Mead Hatchery from a declining lake level and invasion of quagga mussels. Smallmouth bass and tilapia were discovered in 1999 and gizzard shad in 2007."

The quote above is partly a CYA statement. What really happened to the trout was that the Stripers ate them. One of our favorite baits for catching Stripers on Lake Norman was five to six inch trout. All the bait stores carried them from November to May for striper fishermen.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Didn't do much yesterday. Didn't get out and talk with the skinny neighbor. I looked at the short week's ad from Kroger. Got to get there today for their digital coupons. 18 ct eggs 0.97, 4 lb sugar 0.97, Navel oranges 1.97, 4X points on gift cards.
Watched the zoom auction last night. Got a steering wheel puller for $6, 3- 3 way gear pullers for $16. We don't need bent canned goods. They were grouped like all corn, green beans, tomatoes. Like the tomatoes they might be sauce, whole, diced, stewed. 16 cans for $14 was way to much. Someone needs to shop at Aldi's. There were 27 people online at the close of the auction. The trivia question was, post a number between 20 and 40. I posted 30, the right answer, right after another person entered it, so close.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Yawn took wife duck hunting today. 2 ringnecks. Got home . Sliced 20 lbs of venison jerky meat slices great 3/4 frozen. Redhead is busy making marinades and starting the process. She is making sweet and spicy, teriyaki, and basalmic vinegar. Told her I wanted a batch of just salt and pepper to.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
went to beth's at about 930am...ticket won 14 smacks not twenty...
gotta powerball ticket with three draws...just one play this time...
also gotta megamillions ticket(two draws) anda mountain dew
one liter...payed three dollars...came back home and took care
of the girls...tonya and mike contacted me to stir the ham and
pintos...they let me know they'd be late...so i made cornbread...
they both got home after 530pm...i watched the packers beat
the rams and said goodnight after eating a bowl of beans...
i wanna win the lottery so they don't have to work twelve
hours a day six days a week...SCATS...

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
We have the dining room flooring done, hallway done, living room done, and all but one piece in kitchen done. We ran out of time tonight or we would have finished kitchen. We have to small closets that are like 18x10" that we need to drop as well but it's about don't done folks. Them we got some painting over next 2-4 days then we can move in. Probably this Friday or next week just depends on timing. Once we close on house refinance first of the week we will solidify the date on ordering the siding on our house. But that will be in January well after we move in. Exciting times

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
The community that I lived in prior to moving to Lake Norman has had seven small Earthquakes in seven days.
USGS reports 7th minor earthquake in days near Winston-Salem (witn.com)

The Gulls from the Northeast have arrived on Lake Norman and they indicated to me it was time to set up my medium action lite fishing gear for them. Five rigs are ready and available when the conditions are right.

My heart beat this AM was in the range of 50 to 60 beats per minute, reckon I'm purty well relaxed.

"I said that from the get go.
Fauci: Learn to Live With COVID Because ‘We’re Not Going to Eradicate’ It " Quote from Keef

Since I had my Acute Respiratory Failure in July of 2020, my doctor's have informed me that most likely, I will not be able to overcome all the viruses (Flu/COVID families), Thus, when the call comes that they are available, I walk in with my sleeve rolled up.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,374 Posts
Bad thoughts again this morn.

As was watching the beaver noticed that no one smoked. Next show, was Perry Masom, smokers. When young wanted to be older to do things, hence smoking. Now when older want to be young. Such must be life. See the younguns flying down slolem skis, flipping dirtbike off jumps, etc. Woulda been fun at one time. Not now. Still think it funny when someone says, "here, hold my beer".

According to Keith I am still one a them. Gonna take trip across big city today on motorcycle. 60 temp at end of November hard to resist. Probly do it again Wensday for December. LOL

Later

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Since we didn't see the youngest son and family Thanksgiving day we went to see them yesterday. We carried Christmas craft stuff for the girls. They sat at the table coloring the pieces and gluing them together. Daughter-in-law is home schooling from the local college. She works at the middle school lunch room. The elementary school lunch room is short staffed due to covid so she moved over there for now. Son and I walked the yard. Got 2 large trees that have died in the girl's play area. Looked them over to see which way to fall them without damage. Picked 2 buckets of greens to carry home.
Debbie hit her finger at the back of the nail a while back. The old nail stopped growing and the new nail is. The old nail is being pushed up and she catches it on things. On the way home we stopped at 2 CVS' and 3 Walgreen's looking for a special kind of tape. It will stick to it's self but not you. Had to go to walmart and got their last pack.
Back home I cleaned and cooked the greens, diced turnips separate, filled 3 quart freezer bags of greens. I put a cup of turnips in a snack bag, 4 bags in a quart freezer bag. We like them fried like okra the best. Just don't like them often.
Got to watching the zoom auction late. 12 quart pump bottles of hand soap per case for $6, bought 2 cases to be over the $10 table deal.

721 - 740 of 1000 Posts