Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
701 - 720 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
We stopped at 5 stores on the way home for a newspaper to view the black friday ads. 7/11 had a stack but was closed, no other store had them. Didn't see any deals in the online ads. Daughter said Buck's has a 75% off sale today. I'll look for it soon.
Watched the zoom auction last night and didn't want anything they had. I won $20 on the trivia question, since I didn't buy anything I just kept someone else from winning.
40, no wind.

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
Dang Keef, you keep me busy looking up words U use in your post (ie Omicron )

I over did it yesterday, blowing leaves, planting the Lenten Roses in root infested soil and moving the large potted

Ferns into the enclosed porch for the winter. The after effects made me sleep nine and a half hours this past night.

SCATS, is Mike your brother or son, IJA.

·
Premium Member
Tom from Mexico (Missouri)
1,045 Posts
Been a good while since I have been in the lodge. Talked to Keith a time or two. Life just got in the way. We have stayed free of the Covid and all it's subspecies but lot's of other things have got in the way taking up time.

Wife has had 3 medical procedures and may need a 4th. Son's appendix ruptured and needed emergency surgery and then he, wife and 3 kids got the Covid Delta variant. All recovered but it was strung out over a little over a month. Then he was medically discharged by the Army after 15 yrs and 3 months of service. He had a recurrence of a blood clot that had not fully healed from being medivaced from Afghanistan. I don't think he can even say he is a medically retired Major. He called a little over a month after his discharge that he would have made Lt. COL because the boards were just completed.

We then had to move him from Savannah Georgia to Kansas City were he hopes to be a General Contractor. He had passed all the required tests and is fully licensed.

Wife is on oxygen 24/7. I have kept up with the wife's Dr Appts. shopping, mowing, picking up limbs etc. I purchased a couple of hives of bees and caught 3 more wild ones in the woods. That has taken up most of my spare time.

On a more positive note my grandson 8 years old shot his first deer. One shot right through the lung and heart area on opening day. I was not there to witness the event but viewed the double forked buck in the back of the pickup.

I hope all you Ramblers had a Happy Thanksgiving and are doing well. I will try to get back in lodge more often. I miss the friendly banter that goes on in here.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Say Hi more often Tom only if it’s just checking in. Ya not that far from me over in Gasconade.
🥱 nap after Duck hunting now time to go cut wood if I can get the snoozing GSP off my lap.
No ducks harmed by me today they would not decoy in.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Tom, don't be a stranger here. We all getting old and health issues aren't helping.
In the early '80's I went with a team of ICGRR employees to check out Rock Island locomotives in Mexico, MO for transport back to our main line.
When I joined the BOC in early 2000's I went to a gathering at Mark Twain and Truman lakes. Didn't fish, just a weekend camping and gathering.

Buck's was pretty good, didn't have all I wanted. Got a 100 ft coil of 550 Paracord for $4.55. A gallon of 10 year RV roof coating for $9.10. A 30 amp RV replacement plug for $2.27. Four 48"X 84" rolls of charcoal aluminum screen @ $4.50. I looked at the 48"X100 ft roll of screen. After discount it's cheaper at Home Depot.
Then to Bargain Hunt next door, not much I wanted there. Bags of cat food $8.50, $19 at Kroger, got 4 bags. Capt Crunch cereal family size box for $1, got a case of 12. I looked over the men's shirts, couldn't find the Tall section.
Watched the Black Friday zoom auction last night. To much Christmas stuff that we don't need. Didn't buy anything.
53, feels like 53, S 13 mph winds. I turned the heater on yesterday to keep the inside temp above 55.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yawn no good for nuthen boys went duck scouting . Me and the Cajun redhead finnished off the wood got 2 3/4 ton truck loads loads, split , hauled, and cut. Boxwood, wild cherry and walnut.
have wood mountain in the back yard where it’s jaggled up. Makes for 10 full on 3/4 ton truck loads this year. Already had 3 from last year will be set for firewood for the year with some left over. Fed the cows now just relaxing.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,374 Posts
A carpenter I am not. Still got it built tho. 6 foot by 32 inch bed in pu bed. Will be covered with a mat and sleep bag anyway. Can set on it to do socks and such. Still got rest of winter to finish it.

It use to be what the flu was gonna be named this time of year. Now it covid.

Later

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #720 ·
701 - 720 of 1000 Posts