Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
641 - 660 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I checked the tracking on the bracket yesterday, mailing label created. Checked again this morning, in transit.
I went after smokes, the tobacco warehouse forgot to order my brand, the tobacco superstore didn't get half their order. Looks like I'll be going to other stores later today.
Got the camper water lines blown out and antifreeze added to the drains. Use about a 3rd of a gallon of antifreeze.
The food guy was the vendor at the auction last night. A few of us do private chat and thought his prices compared with local stores. Debbie bought Jimmy Dean hot sausage 2/$5. She'll make sausage balls for the holidays. They have very little freezer storage space so I'll pick up my items today.
Watching the zoom auction while picking the meat out of these pecans. Got 2 cups in bags in the freezer. To many bad ones that are going into the burn bucket.
50 feels like 50, S 17 mph winds.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,304 Posts
From what I saw on the utube of the confrence was kinda glad didnt go. Place looked kinda vacant. I woulda liked to have seen new boats set-up for catting. Guess they were not there. Get most of my ideas upon seeing how others set them up. Will not buy a new one so gotta dream and try to make my own stuff.

Just had a ferrot cat outside. My cats went crazy. Then in flashlight spot watched it go into camper tent. Mothballs in morn for tent. Bet it kinda keeps mice away tho. Might not do the mothballs on second thought.

Wonder how Justin came out on apraisal. Guess some areas of country house prices are declining. Bet the prices will not come down to one house we bought. Four bed, 2 bath, 2 story, 1/4 city block. $350 is what we gave for it. Lived there 10 years, put maybe 4 tho into it. Lots of manuel labor also. Sold it for $1500.

Temps up to mid 50s Tuesday. Fish? Still got crawlers and stinkbait.

Later

·
Premium Member
24,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
Keef, how is the cold you got ?

Only thing left on my punch list this AM is to change the oil in the engine on the Cyclone Rake, then it's NFL time (Panter vs Red Skins) and maybe a McNap during the game.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Bill, don't use mothballs, they are poison and takes a long time getting the smell out. If you do use them, put them under the camper. If we hear feral cats in the scrubs around the house I sprinkle cayenne pepper in the flowerbed. Guess you could sprinkle a 2 to 3 foot circle around the camper. You can buy cat repellent or make your own.
I place 2 packs of Fresh Cab in my camper to keep mice out. It's good for 80 to 100 days. Got to check prices. Tractor Supply had the 4 pack box on sale for $12.99. Other places wanted $7 for 1 pack. I use to put a few drops of peppermint oil on cotton balls, place 30 balls in the camper. Every 15 days add more oil to the balls. At the end of storage put the balls in a baggie for next time. Add cinnamon oil if there is an ant problem.
I use to buy those little bottles of essential oils at local stores. Found I could get a bigger bottle for not much more cost at amazon. Now I make some of them with plants we grow. After Christmas I'll be collecting trees for habitat, some of the needles will go to making fir oils.
I've been to a few fishing conferences over the years for different kinds of fish. Not many boats set up for fishing, more like new ones from a dealer. If there is one decked out it's with store bought equipment.
My boat was built in Flippin, AR. On a vacation in that area I bought 2 foot of the T mount material that fits in the T channel. At work I found a part that has a T shape and made a lot of brackets for mine. I taught myself how to weld aluminum with a standard welder.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,304 Posts
It is a popup camper. Top down and latched. We put cab fresh, irsh spring chunks, and garlic powder inside before button up. Steelwool in all hatches for elec, crank, and propane. If woulda used mothbalks they will only go on top of tires and around outside. Yes, we even put some pepermint oil on cotton balls inside.

Thanks on the cayane pepper tip.

Lee always seems to do better than me. 10 bucks for powerball. Number 59 on 2 lines is all.

One nice thing is will not be fishing in Keiths spot on Tuesday. I would jinx his spot and neither us would catch anything.

Later

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Knife works done , burger ground , all vac sealed but cuts for jerky, 7 cf freezer half full. 18 quart bags and 7 pint bags of deer burger alone . 5 deee processed whew. Now just to wait for doe season. To get 5 more family and me still got tags to fill. If we don’t get it done doe season we got muzzleloader season.

641 - 660 of 843 Posts