Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Watched the zoom auction yesterday from 12:30 til 8:15. Dealers auction, didn't like the why of bidding and buying. Bidding on 1, by the case. Good prices if you need 48 or 72. I bought 12 quarts of Pennzoil 5w20 motor oil @ $3. It's $6.72 at walmart. I didn't see synthetic on the bottle, hope it's not.
Grilled steaks and baked potatoes for dinner. Sasha was ready to be outside, it was still a little muddy from Saturday's rain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Went to a couple of stores yesterday early afternoon before school kids were out.
When to youngest granddaughter's soccer game last night. The new complex looks great. Saw a few old friends while there. I thought about stopping at Wimpy's for burgers. Debbie wanted Chick-fil-A. I thought it would be a long line in drive-thru. Nope, 2nd car inline. Drove by the one closest to me on the way home. The line of cars was all around the building. The windshield kept fogging up on the way home. Running defrost didn't help. Need new wipers too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Daughter called, has a mouse on a sticky board and wants me to get it out of the house. I'll do it today and cut the backyard. She went to the doctor for a cold yesterday and got a call this morning. Positive test for covid. I won't be going over there for 2 or more weeks.
Picked up my stuff at the auction house. Marina waited on me. She had a V neck tee shirt on and I got a tiny bit of view. She could go topless and you'd think she was one of the boys.
I found out why I haven't seen Tracey and her family on the zoom auctions lately. Her husband's family was working the cafe and the auctioneer said they were coming up short. A dealer asked Tracey out. About that time half of the family caught covid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Daughter called about 4 pm yesterday. I need a few things from the store. I bought most on the list, couldn't find some items. Kroger and walmart near me are out of Gatorade. I bought Powerade instead, they don't like it. I sat the bags at the backdoor, gave her a call before leaving.
She called this morning, neighbor's dog has dug under the fence and getting in the backyard. I'll head over and repair that area with brick and TP lumber.
On another website a member asked if I had any 6 oz sinkers and what I wanted for them. I checked prices online, $1.80 to 1.95 each. I told him $1 each, waiting on a reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
I ran out of stakes making repairs to the fence. I ripped two 2X10's before dinner to cut more today.
Debbie wanted split chicken breast to boil for dumplings. Kroger has boneless/skinless @ $1.99. Their split breast was $2.79. I got other things needed and came home. Went to Sam's, no chicken breast in the display case. I asked, waiting on a delivery. I bought 5 lbs of 90/10 ground beef @ $4 per lb. A stop at Aldi's, split breast $1.69 per lb, 2 in a pack for $6.
Watched the zoom auction from 6:30 til 8:40, didn't buy anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Got the stakes measured to 18 inches with a point on one end, filled a bucket with them.
Watched the zoom auction, bought 2 items for $15.
Up early today, granddaughters have soccer games today, one at 9 am and the other at 12:30. I'll carry an ice chest with drinks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Debbie didn't feel like going to the games yesterday. The oldest granddaughter's game was a lose, 7-0. Youngest granddaughter scored the first goal in their game, 4-0.
My daughter called. She placed a delivery order from Kroger. Got some of it, out of stock on the rest. Asked if I would pick up some orange and fruit punch Gatorade for them. A stop at Sam's and another Kroger, no orange or fruit punch. A stop at the Southaven walmart. They had 1 case of orange and 7 quarts of fruit punch so that's what I bought. I sat the bags at the back door, gave her a call. When I saw her at the door I left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Finished 12 more small crates yesterday.
Had a late start headed to the auction house. I got there at 4:30 and they were closed. Suppose to stay open till 5 pm.
Skinny neighbor caught another raccoon in the attic so a trip to the river to relocate it. The cotton gin where I get my hulls was getting their equipment ready. They added a new layer of crushed stone to the area.
Chance of rain starting late today and tomorrow. Need to get the vinyl trim back on the camper before it starts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
I looked at the grocery ads, not much I want to be in a store for.
Picked up my items at the auction house then stopped at the kid's houses to drop off some for them.
Since Keystone Ice can't be found the next good tasting beer is Natural Ice. It's getting hard to find too. I stopped at 6 General Dollar stores, 2 tobacco stores, Kroger, might as well try walmart. They had ten 15 packs @ $7.98. The cashier asked if I was going to have a party. Nope, explained my shopping for the day, she understood. Buy what you can when you can.
Got the vinyl trim pieces on the camper. Used non-lap caulk at the top and roof area. Skeeters ate me up, had to spray with deet.
Watched the zoom auction, bought a couple of items. It was over at 8:35. Sasha and I sat at the fire pit til 10:30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Twenty years, more or less. The fellow that gave me the green house covered the East side of it, I didn't, cause the South and West sides were shaded a bit.
Was wondering. My son bought a 10X20 greenhouse kit with the vinyl skin cover. Coming spring will be 3 years old and starting to break in places. Checking online a new skin is over $300. Lowes with special order has the fiberglass in clear, white and green for $14.50 per 8 foot sheet. Would need to measure and order per cut pieces if that's allowed.

72 and looks like it's going to be that for the weekend. 20% chance of rain now and increasing Saturday and Sunday. Both granddaughters have a soccer game at 9 tomorrow with 80% chance of rain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
My neighbor Aaron called this morning checking on the 'old folks' and inquired if thar was anything he could do for us this weekend. I mentioned I was going to take the frame apart on the green house or give it 'as is' to anyone that wants it. He said, I'll take it and make a ground blind to put on my land along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Told him it was his and he still offered to pay something for it and I said, no way, you already do a lot for us.
View attachment 326478
Wish he was close. I'd give him some burlap for the sides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Up early to go to the soccer games. Checked weather map, it's raining. Laid back down for 40 minutes, couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, nap time later.
Granddaughter worked at the Haunted Hayride last night. She's been doing it since she was 16. Now being her 10th year she is a leader and makes $2 more per hour. Hope the rain stops soon so they can work tonight. A Haunted House in Memphis called her last month asking if she would work there. $5 more per hour and indoors. I looked the location up on map search. Nope, you're not driving and I won't take and pick you up.
Watched the zoom auction from 6:30 til 11:35 last night. Didn't buy anything. Best thing I saw was a 13 ft telescopic fishing rod. But no line guides or reel seat, sold for $15. A 10 ft telescopic rod with guides and seat sold for $8. I asked how far the seat was from the butt of the rod, 22 inches. That's to much rear handle for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
I bought 480 linear feet of baseboard today at home depot. I bought a nailer.
I removed the carpet and stained the concrete in my house. That left a half inch gap between the floor and baseboards. The house is over 45 years old so I didn't remove and redo the baseboards. Looking for quarter round and shoe mold Home Depot and Lowes didn't have any that would cover the gap very well. I went to Lumber Liquidators for a 9/16X7/8" shoe mold. It was primed wood instead of composite that the other stores offered and came in 16 foot lengths. It was cheaper than the other stores and I bought enough for free delivery.
My old brad nailer will take 3/8" to 1" brads so I bought one that will take 1/2" to 2 1/2" ones. Playing with the line regulator on the compressor 78 psi left the 1 1/2" brads flush. 80 psi would leave a dimple that had to be filled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Steven, do y'all have a state gun owners site that covers all about guns and related stuff and more? I'm on a few state's sites. I'm on my state's site a few times everyday, msgo.
I remember that first game of the season a few years ago. The camera zoomed in on someone sitting on the bench. Next said he was doing a protest. That's when my protest started, haven't watched a game since. Some people say to protest sponsors. If we all did that we would never leave home or buy anything.
We went to the youngest granddaughter's birthday dinner. She wanted sushi so it was a Japans restaurant, the food was good. On the way home I got a pain in my gut. I need to get home fast and traffic was slow. I stepped into the shower with my clothes on to clean up. Have felt fine since.
 
1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Top