Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Soon had a double header in baseball today or I should day yesterday since it's after midnight. They won both games so they are undefeated for the year but still second place going into playoffs???? HS sports I don't get it. But state is in 3 weeks so that is what matters.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
The house is coming along. We talked with home depot about flooring. They came and measured 2 days ago and then last night after baseball my wife and I went and picked out our carpet and vinyl flooring. The carpet we choose has a25 year stain warranty and the vinyl has a lifetime warranty. So it should last us a while. The bad news is yet to come they send it to their people who figure it up and then they send it back to the store who contacts us with quote. I'm afraid it will be about $15,000-$18,000 I don't know why it's just my gut feeling that it will cost that much. But I hope not. Well I'm tired and still need to check emails so I'm off for now

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Starting to get some progress on my house done. Last night my kids and I painted their rooms while my wife primed hallways and kitchen and living room. Still have tons of work to do but it's coming along

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Today drained my energy good and well. I had to take my 2 youngest to the zoo and be there at 9:30 with an hour long drive and city traffic. Spent 4 hours there walking probably 2-3 miles then an hour in Cabelas wasting time while I waited for my son's baseball game to start. His team mercy ruled the other team 17-5 in 5 innings so that shortened the game an hour or so thank goodness. I still had 40 minutes to drive home and it was Friday night traffic asked idiots were out in full force. But I made it home and spent evening playing super Mario Bros with my kids.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
I bought 480 linear feet of baseboard today at home depot. I bought a nailer to and wife was mad and said she planned to hammer them in. I told her 1) I'm not waiting till new years for her to finish...of 2022. 2) and I didn't want hammer marks in the baseboard. She simmered down and saw it was a good thing. Now to install it....and get the rest of the house bought

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
I got stuck moving drywall, both 1/2" and 5/8" in 8' length yesterday and my back and knees are not liking me tonight. I've woke up with back pain 5 times and knee pain 3 times, maybe a couple combined I was a little groggy still.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
So this past weekend didn't go so well. Went to Southern Utah for my son's baseball game for the state championship. They were the highest ranked team in the region as they were 1st place going in. They won their first game pretty easily but the championship game they got their egos up and played like crap. My son who played outfield all year didn't play one inning for some reason, it was bogus, I was pretty upset and coach heard it. He played seniors that didn't play much only because it was last game of their career. Well they made 7 errors in outfield alone.....cost them the state trophy and wasted my $700 motel room plus fuel and food for 3 days. OK rant over lol

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Carpeting going on October 26th. Need to get baseboards in and paint 1/2 my house before that time and repair 2 walls with drywall full sheets and many patches. So lots of work. But got electrical finished today. And air ducts cleaned and furnace cleaned also today as well as dryer vent. Which he pulled a lot of of dryer vent which I was going to clean anyway this fall. I clean it every 2 years. My sister had a total house fire from a dryer vent catching on fire. Caused $105,000 damage to her house plus personal belongings. So check your dryer vents!!!!

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Mac I love your flooring. My wife did as well. We are putting in carpet on the 26th well having it installed and we are installing ourselves vinyl after in kitchen and living room. I'll post pictures once done. It will not look as good as your hardwood though Mac that's for sure.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Got about 60% of the house painted, still have a ways to go. But we are hoping finishing crucial areas tomorrow morning and then start on baseboards. They have to be in, in the areas where there will be carpet by Tuesday morning when carpet layers show up. Then we can finish areas where vinyl (or what ever is made of) flooring. We will have tile to remove, floating laminate and then repair subfloor and put in more baseboard.....that's the next 3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Mac I'm sorry your going through another bout, darn stuff should just just leave well enough alone. Your in my families prayers.

As far as sickness my niece just had her second baby a week ago almost and it was a shaky deliver with a few complications. She hemorrhaged and fought way high blood pressure. Well they just admitted her to the hospital with high blood pressure near 190/140 avg. Range with it going higher. She's only 24ish maybe so she is a youngin but she had open heart surgery when she was a wee pup under 2 I don't remember when do she has a history. But things are kind of scary right now for a mew mom.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Bored out of my mind. Carpet layer is here for second day and should finish in next hour or two maybe three who knows we are running internet off of hot spot on my phone so not the fastest. And my head keeps bobbing up and down trying to stay awake..
Yesterday goats were trying to get through broken slats in the fence so I was mailing up new boards and wood was so bad I switched to screws and screwdriver slipped and bit went through the tip of my thumb just about an inch long cut and it hurts like heck.....I hate those stupid goats

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Rectangle Grey Floor Flooring Wood
this is the carpet in my son's room. They each picked out their own paint color and painted their own walls so that's why the paint and carpet are a little off in my opinion lol. But it was all installed Wednesday.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Oh we picked the thickest pad and a very plush carpet so it's very comfy to walk on.

Another event from the day my kids on the bus on the way home from school got side swiped. The bus was in the left hand lane and right lane ended and a car came racing from way back like 3 cars behind and tried to get around bus before lane ended and side swiped it. Then while bus driver was on phone with 911 the guy was trying to break into the bus to stop her from calling police. It was quite an exciting event

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
Mac my son say hi and thinks of you often. Be still wore that toboggin up till the house fire. Then it was taken to be cleaned. But he still asks about you a lot. He's 10 years old now and has a caring heart.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,394 Posts
So with the thousands I'm throwing out in house repairs my truck drivers side window fell off track this morning and I've got a leak in the water pump and I need an oil change and fuel filter change since it's a diesel and I don't know when it was done last. So it's going to cost about $850. So it's a bit like a kick in the shin right now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts