Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Got Joe a nice mess of fish, lot of geese on the river, we use to shoot them while fishing, no more, season closes Sunday.
Yep I like hunting them geese for fajitas. See how Sunday goes might get out see if the flathead migration to the winter holes has started.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Well geese did not fly Saturday morning, got to warm. Came in at noon. To hot to run chainsaw, so fixed another section of fence right added a calf strand making it a 4 strand fence, put in 3/4 of the poles for the new cow shed. Home , shower , then out to dinner at a local joint. Country fried steaks. Been up 31 hrs got home at 7 crashed out in bed. Sunday slept in till 10. Went and set the rest of the poles . Done by noon. Took wife shopping for new jeans, ate at dennys burger and fries, hit up Rual king got ring worm spray for cows, hit the grocery store got A few odds and ends. Home fed all the livestock. Pigs are still gaining good they go to processing the end of October. Stayed up till 6am got some sleep and back at the dead end job Monday. Second shift lives don’t matter 😆

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Worked OT Saturday, went to wedding Sunday and stopped by evil Walmart to stock up on some dry goods. Back at the dead end job Monday.
had nose runs and a cough the past week , combine dust and high mold . Made the first fire in the house wood stove Friday night. Warmed the house up nice. Need to cut wood work needs to stop ot on Saturday. If not I will be cutting on my vacation during deer season.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Lee put some sea foam thru hour fuel system. It won’t hurt to try.
Getting tired of ot at the dead end job. Next weekend happy day hogs are gone to processing. Took 2 1/4 ton to feed them out. Cows doing good gota Finnish up the lil pole barn for them. Buddy is finishing that off. Got this weekend off fire wood must be cut. Duck hunting trip on 30 Oct north mo zone unless I have to work.
Waiting on deer season weeks vacation to hunt relax mabe do some fishing .

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Ran chainsaw hard Saturday. Sunday we split and hauled 4 3/4 ton truck loads piled to the cab. Still got a load left to haul will try to get it in next weekend. Yep just a whole weekend cutting wood some dead standing white, red, and a burr oak.
Cut up a good sized hedge apple and a 3 ft across 20 ft section sycamore. We split it all today with the 25 ton it bogged down a lil on some of that sycamore.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
At the dead end job pms all done fixed everything I can.waiting on parts and in standby mode in case something goes down.
Work points +8 positive and earned a extra paid day off. No missed time in 3 months.
Going wood duck hunting Saturday and Sunday morning. Dropping off hogs Sunday afternoon.
will try to get the last load of wood out Saturday afternoon if ground is still dry enough. Oil change for car Monday and new wipers for both rigs.
got a fire brick to replace in stove . Life goes on .

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Heifer could not open jaw last night. Just nosed feed. Oldest boy got ahold of her coerced her jaw open heard a loud pop. Then she could eat fine.
no sign of lock figure mabe her jaw bone got knocked out of hinge by a kick or but from one of the other cows. Wife said she ate feed fine this morning. Ring worm on them is going away. Treated and treated and treated them all. Went to a medicated beef mate feed cleared that up. Pink eye issues as well cooler weather is knocking the flys back. Keets and chickens are free range now trained to go back in coop every night.
Going to have to start feeding hay mid November. Hobby farming life makes the wife happy.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Sat morning 1 wood duck and 2 coots. Ducks lifted off 10 min before shooting time. Back out for a Sunday evening hunt with the wife. Seen some divers so far when setting up. Waiting for a evening flight to come in. Then off to do laundry.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Enjoyed a duck hunt with boys and friend. We scratched out 6 . I popped a Big bull mallard.
oldest boy got a big bull black duck. Had hammerd chicken fried duck breast with taters and brown gravy for dinner and it’s lunch Monday at work.
Sky Plant Human body Sleeve Tree

Beard Plant Glove Bird Cap

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Road surface Asphalt

Food Tableware Cake Recipe Ingredient

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Dang in tarnaation still hurting and the burn. Stretched out in easy chair after duck dinner. Half asleep old man cat nap. Been up and going since 3:30 am. Brought right to life. Charlie horse left thigh pop up to walk it off nope. Other thigh then both whole legs groin and hips. By this time I am making some real bad sounds forcing myself to walk. I almost collapse . Catch myself against the wood stove. Feel a pop in my lower back and it all lets off. Legs are still hot but pain is gone paced the stiffness out. Pinched nerve mabe? After craved something sweet so ate 3 chocolate candy’s .
I would rather take a mule kick to the gut than feel that again.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
On vacation at last . Deer hunted hard Saturday. Slept in Sunday due to pouring rain. We got 2 bucks Saturday morning. I got a big 9 point. Young feller been hunting with us for years got a nice 10 point.
Sky Cloud Car Tire Tree

Iguania Reptile Varanidae Scaled reptile Lizard

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Took a retired friend out this morning. He got a nice fat 2 year old doe. I had to drag it out for him he’s 64 and both shoulders shot. We had a good time this morning.
Came in stripped the bucks out. They quartered up in the fridge. Cat nap. Took wife out hunting for the evening seen nothing. Came home made dinner green beans , thin cut tenderloin, sautéed with butter and onions then pulled out , added brown gravy mix got mixed up then added the meat back in to simmer. Served on bread.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts