Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old John was the founder of this mighty fine thread, which happens to be the longest continuous thread on Catfish 1.

Here is John's OB >>> John Calhoun Obituary (1945 - 2016) - Pensacola, FL - the Pensacola News Journal (legacy.com)

The Rambling Thread was started in 2005 by John and since has created a bunch of characters, most of which have died or were banned for one reason or the other. John invited me over to this thread in 2006 and was followed later by Keef. New members of this Thread were harassed beyond belief, but it was done in a friendly sort of way.

Back in the early stages of this thread of almost 19,800 post, to mention fishing was a no no, but most any of subject was fine and dandy.

There were wars (cowboys and Indians sort of thing) in the West and we all played parts in these adventures. More to come, I'm sure, as this volume of Rambling unfolds. .

·
Horse-MON
22,380 Posts
OPJ was a friend a mine!! Yes in deed.

So there we were all alone,
Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Like a dog without a bone, it's that time of the year again, my favorite , be a few duck hunters when it cools off and the season is open, then a few deer hunters on the islands, but NOBODY fishing. ROTF

Bill it don't mater what age, they still dying here.

Now jus so you old people know, my skin is thin, bruse easy bleed easy .

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
fed the deer...finished off the chicken thighs...bean got the kneecaps and
ladybug got a piece of skin...tonya said she had been feeding them all day...
went to beth's and gotta packa smokes and gassed up...waiting on the
chiefs game...SCATS...

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,258 Posts
Ma will get home late tomorow. Got my outa business/retire form sent to FMCSA. Still gotta put dishes away and vacume. Got tomorow for that. LOL

TY Mac for starting this one.

That pole looking over the water looks very peacefull. Just needs a good bend to it soon.

Very windy today and warm. 88 now. Rain late tonight.

Later

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,297 Posts
Bill,
I like old stuff too. But some new modern things you just gotta love. My 4 stroke outboard is way less noisy then my old 2 stroke. I used to think all the fancy gadgets on a vehicle were just something to break. Not any more. I still use my mirrors to back. But its nice to check the back up cam and see how close you are. Also 9 out of 10 times i can back up to the boat and get it right the first time. When its cold outside remote start is nice. Right along with that. My truck is set so when its under 40 degrees. It turns the heated steering wheel and heated seats on. NICE!

Saturday morning it was 65 degrees with 93% humidity. I decided to not climb a mountain looking for bears. I went to a little wood lot nearby. Had 4 deer come in the the whiteoaks i was hunting. I never could get a clean shot. Then one of the does got down wind. She kinda buggered off. Thought it was over but they came back. By this time the wind was swirling a bit. Does busted me again. The young buck that was with them came looking for me. It was his undoing. He served a duel purpose. Land owner is happy cause they eat his garden up. Im happy because my freezer is nearly empty.

Scouted around some yesterday. Found some smoking hot pig sign. Went back yesterday evening but didnt see anything. Saw 2 copperheads within a 100 yards of each other on the road home. Saw 2 pigs in a field just up the road.

·
Premium Member
24,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Mac one more day."

Keef, thanks, I almost forgot !!

Now back to Sir John Calhoun,. who had a dog and it's name was 'Stormy' and every evening Stormy and John would ride around the hood in a covered golf cart, if John didn't come out at the appointed time, Stormy would jump up on his side of the golf cart seat and bark for John to get off his butt and take him for a ride. It didn't make no difference if it was raining or not, Stormy wanted his ride.

Bill, now dat you are retiring, remember this, every day from here on out is considered to be a Saturday and time pieces are for working stiffs, IJS.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
got up at the crack of ten like cheap...sure miss russel...hadda hand-held from
casey's(sausage,agg,cheze)this is tonya's last week at casey's...she will have
to drive to clinton for a month till warsaw opens...powerball draws tonight for
472m...SCATS...time for p.c.h.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Watched the zoom auction yesterday from 12:30 til 8:15. Dealers auction, didn't like the why of bidding and buying. Bidding on 1, by the case. Good prices if you need 48 or 72. I bought 12 quarts of Pennzoil 5w20 motor oil @ $3. It's $6.72 at walmart. I didn't see synthetic on the bottle, hope it's not.
Grilled steaks and baked potatoes for dinner. Sasha was ready to be outside, it was still a little muddy from Saturday's rain.

·
Premium Member
24,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
richard and ginger brought supper over...spaghetti and italian sausages...
i had three sausages...i just smoked my last cigarette...gonna bag up the
ash/butt can in the morning and put it out with the trash...bitty died ona
monday...she started my love for boston terriers...i miss her dearly...
brandy and jenny too...but i've got bean to take care of now...gonna
feed the deer ina 'bout 15 minutes...then watch the weather and the
wheel of fortune...i'll let you know the powerball results in the morning...
SCATS...

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,540 Posts
The 1918 flu left my grandmother an orphan. I always wondered why she seemed the most worried when one of us kids would get one of the "childhood diseases".
Mac, I'm hoping along with many others that all goes well with your procedure.

Steven, I am reminded of the hard time I gave one of my teenage buddies when he purchased a new pickup with power steering and carpet. Now I automatically look for the button to "roll down" the window. :)

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,258 Posts
When you have the push button doors, make sure you know how to manually open door. If bat is dead, doors locked, key inside fob will open hatch. Then go under carpet and pull the handle. Hope the cable does not break. Install new battery and reset everything.

But years ago if your bat died you could just open hood of car next to you, get quick jump and go. Now most cars next to you dont know how to open hood.

Kitten rasing you know what around house at times. One seems to forget how much mischief they get into. Old cat has taught kitten who is boss already. Old cat likes kitten food tho. Young one has learned what a spray bottle is also. They are so much eaisier to train than a dog.

Grass is still growing. But then we got 1.5 inches today. Sun just coming out for next 6 days. Hope this cool weather does not kill bite. Might turn it up tho. If all goes well Wensday going out amongst the weekenders.

Gonna try to drop exhaust on a goldwing in morn. Been soaking bolts with pb blaster. 40 years it has a few pin holes needing a spot weld. New gaskets also.

Later

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,297 Posts
Kieth,
Best i can tell a wild hog will eat anything that dont eat them first.

Started raining just a few minutes before i left for work yesterday. Been at it on and off ever since. I just managed to grill some hamburgers in between downpours.

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Flowering plant Herbaceous plant

1 - 20 of 362 Posts