The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

981 - 1000 of 1004 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Been a while since I have posted. Been working hard. Finished up the networking project and coming down the driveway in a storm I noticed the wind had blown down 1/2 of a huge pin oak. Lightning hit it last year and split the fork located about 20 feet up the trunk almost to the ground. Storm took half of it down. I have 37 inch sleeves and I put my chest on stump and with both arms could only reach around 1/2 of this tree. Took 3 weeks of sawing, splitting and hauling to get it cleaned up working around the 95 plus heat indexes. Hauled 3 16 foot tandem trailer loads to my brothers for him to heat with and a pretty good pickup load to boot. Also 3 trailer loads of brush hauled away and a burn pile taller than I am to light later.

Wife got a cateract removed this morning and goes back tomorrow for a checkup. 57 miles one way to Jefferson City 2 days. She gets the other eye done next Monday.

Other than that things have been pretty low key. Staying home, keeping the yard mowed and just going out to get groceries. I have been keeping up with things going on in the lodge.

Mr Mac keep building your strength so you can get the Lund where it needs to be...fishing.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
686 Posts
Mac, i see it

Kieth,
Forecast shows 90% chance of rain late Thursday thru Friday. Supposed to have fall weather with lows in the mid 50s and high around 70 afterwards. Hope its true.

I got all my gear cleaned and put away yesterday. Got everything ready for hunting here at home. Supposed to be cooler today. One of the wifes clients has some garden raiders. Im gonne go see if i can help him with that.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Somebody shooting tracers or playing with the aluminum powder? Either will start a fire quickly if anything burnable is close.
Tom, not sure it never specified what they were doing just that they were target shooting. Because of how dry things are and how many fires there are target practicing outside has been made illegal for time being.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,867 Posts
Back home.
Ouch.
24 hours laying in a bed one feels like Mac then. Just the couple hours at home, short nap, ability to get up and move, helps.

Lee woulda been proud of me. Went into hospital at 4am. Got out at 10 am next day. No smokes. When asked if anything else I need told them a cigarrett. Was offered some good stuff for pain. Refused it. Asperin or aleave. All they had was tylanol.

No lifting over 10 lbs for a couple weeks. Might mean no fishing, popup camping, work.

Later

·
Registered
890 Posts
If all goes well I may be buying a 20' pontoon boat in the next day or two. But it's going to call me in the morning with the info so I can take it to my bank. I'm already pre approved just need to do nada guide appraisal and underwriters. I'm pretty excited, also wanted a pontoon for my family. I have a handicapped son that really only goes on them so maybe he'll go with me now.

981 - 1000 of 1004 Posts