The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

421 - 440 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
673 Posts
Mac=b,
Glad your back at the end of a dead end road, on the shores of lake Norman.

This place aint the same without you.

·
Premium Member
23,481 Posts
It is well known that I questioned medicines, including vaccines for most of my life. This belief was not changed after what happen to my body. When I retired (2000) I got the latest shot for pneumonia, then in 2010 I got the updated shot for pneumonia from the VA. Then this past year I got the new and improved shot for the elderly at Walmart !! Also, when I was admitted to the ER about two weeks ago they gave me another pneumonia shot before sending me to the ICU unit. Well, the fourth day of my visit, an ExRay revealed that I had pneumonia !!! It was caught early and heavy doses of antibodies knock it out within 24 hours.

Once the hospital gives you the Corona Virus test, you are locked away from family until the test comes back negative. Also, the staff of nurses and doctors all look like Cones Heads and or Hazmat workers during this period of time. Once the test comes back negative, the staff is double masked, some with shields and the pulmonary with a tad more cover.

The beds in ICU are smart things. They will set off an alarm if you dare set one foot on the floor to pee in the container. The neatest thing it can do is beat your lung area to get loosen crap in your lungs, which you will cough up.

Now here is the bummer of all bummers. Once you are DX with AFib, your days of drinking caffeine is gone forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Decaf is the way they want you to go.

Later Gators

·
Horse-MON
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
Ain't medicine great. And the Doctors and nurses are doing everything they can to keep people healthy. It doesn't always work but I am proud of them. They do their very best.
They do the best with what they got, as medicine is not an exact science, and on top of that no two people are exactly alike!!! Not even twins?

·
Registered
882 Posts
My 14 year was plum mad that I was keeping him home from school and doing home school. One reason was I told him was how things would be canceled and what a joke it would end up being when people started getting sick and going into quarantine. He still didn't like it.

We are letting him have a couple games of baseball before we pull him. He was suppose to have a game today but guess what... Other team canceled as parents were in fear of covid-19 and didn't want their kids playing. My son did not want to tell me as this is exactly what I predicted. I know dumb dad.....

Kids have to wear masks and practice social distancing when possible. Kind of hard in sports but his team does a good job of it as I've watched them in practice when they can.

421 - 440 of 1004 Posts