RAMBLING VOL.193

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Keith Mette, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    Cheap I have more bad news.
    image_iphone.jpg

Dons, MObigfoot, prlwng and 5 others like this.
  2. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    Cheap you seem depressed?? Now some good news.
    thumbnail.jpeg

MObigfoot, prlwng, skip brown and 5 others like this.

3. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    There is a reason kids need to be in school/ CASA says child abuse and neglect have reach an all time high!!! I know I know some should not have kids.

MObigfoot, prlwng, skip brown and 4 others like this.
  4. mooseman75

mooseman75 Well-Known Member

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    We are in a conundrum of what to do with older boys and schools. My youngest 2 I'm home schooling but older 2 want to go to school mainly one of them want to play baseball. But Utah just came out with a 102 page mandate saying if 1 kid gets sick other around him /her will be quarantined so he would likely be off team in a number of ways. I see they are setting school up for shut down so mama and I are thinking of just home schooling all of them. *sigh* I wished I could tell the future

MObigfoot, prlwng, skip brown and 4 others like this.
  5. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
  6. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Time marches on. Lots peeps afraid. Not sure why? Lot of hysteria out there. Yet to know anyone who has died from corona. Few peeps at work got sick are over it. Am worried for men like Mac in the matter. Seems like this is worst on those over 60 with health issues.
    Seen schools shut down for 2 weeks over flu. One way or another we are going to get exposed to this.
    Going to say something kinda cold. It’s a proven scientific fact. Overpopulation of a a life form nature seeks a way to limit it. Her tool of choice is sickness of some kind. Mankind thinks they are above nature. We are not. Just another life form at some point we are going to get thinned out one way or another. Kinda cold I know life is never fair.

MObigfoot, metalman, bvomark and 7 others like this.
  7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Old Squeezer Supporting Member

State:
    Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Can't walk 20' in YONDER without 50 of them on my socks.

MObigfoot, bvomark, prlwng and 4 others like this.
  8. Herbhome

Herbhome Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Name:
    Neill
    Troy, I do know three so far. They were all quite elderly, had lived a good long life. Still think it would have been kinder to go in their sleep but no one gets to pick.
    The thing is, I think the vast majority of folks live their lives as though they will never die. Many struggle to build some kind of legacy in hopes that their name will live on. In truth, when I pass, I realize those close to me will have memories, (I hope they are mostly pleasant), the next generation will have stories and after that I'll be some words on a genealogy sheet. This seems kind of sad but it is reality and it clarifies the need to live today to it's fullest and not leave any words of love and encouragement unsaid.
    There is no need to live in fear, as it comes to us all.

9. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
  10. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    You sent those seeds to china. They are in Wuohan now getting transformed so no rounup or 24d will kill em.

Semi loaded for KC. Unload reload Monday. Home Tuesday morn. Love my three day work weeks.

Later

Welder, skip brown, MObigfoot and 4 others like this.
  11. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
  12. mooseman75

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    It's 4 am and I've been up for an hour with the case of the I can't sleepese. I told my wife before going to bed that I would let her sleep in and I wasn't going fishing but I think I'm changing my mind. The wind report calls for nothing today but this next week is bad so best opportunity.
    Still praying for Mac don't seem right to be going fishing without having seen Macs recent adventures

Welder, skip brown, MObigfoot and 4 others like this.
  13. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
  14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Well said Neill.
    So many live their lives as if it's a practice run for the real thing.
    Very few of us leave lasting monuments to remind others of our time here so the best we can do is live life to the fullest we can, help who we can and try to be the best we can be.
    If our last thought on this earth is that we did our best, I think most of us would be OK with that.

...W

Welder, skip brown, bvomark and 5 others like this.
  15. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    You probably saw me mention the red rag warning in the past, they call it nautical hurry cane warning on the east coast.
    Lake wind warning here.
    EeQ4lhlU8AA_S-K.jpeg

16. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Lee
    doing p.c.h. SCATS...lost a tooth...

17. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Old Squeezer Supporting Member

State:
    Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Be sure to put it under your pillow.

I just talked to my brother [lives in Michigan] and he told me about today's experience.
    Almost every morning he walks several miles thru his town and while walking - he picks up trash and litter and puts it in a dumpster when he passes one. This morning a guy stopped him and handed him a trash bag with 20 or 30 soda cans in it and mentioned that he had seen him in the neighborhood several times and just wanted to "help him out". All of the cans were .10 cent deposit cans.

Being polite, [and dumbfounded] my brother thanked him and the guy drove away..

My brother is fairly well off and is definitely not homeless.

18. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    Finally got a break in the clouds n drizzle , MOWED!!! Too muddy for werk in the garden.

Welder, skip brown, bvomark and 4 others like this.
  19. mooseman75

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    My wife caught a fish this morning but I for skunked. We didn't fish long. We continued driving lessons of a boat and spent 20 minutes otter so cruising and throttling up and down, my wife is learning. And of course teaching her what to do when other boats come on. She even learned to dock the boat. Sort of lol.... Anyway it was a fun morning

Had to hurry home there was a car show 2 blocks from my house and people will tend to park in front where my boat driveway is so I wanted to get home and get my boat parked before an idiot made me mad. Whew I made it but barely.

Welder, skip brown, bvomark and 4 others like this.
  20. Herbhome

Herbhome Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Name:
    Neill
    Random Thought: My Bride loves historical action movies and I enjoy them with her. Ever notice that anytime someone wields a sword or a knife it makes a metal on metal sound. Even if they pull it out of a leather sheath or it's swinging through air. It's almost as if the sound effects guy can't help himself. If I had a knife that made that sound coming out of a leather sheath I be looking into it! :smile1: