Rambling Vol. 192, On The Road Again

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, May 4, 2020.

1. Jughead mike

Jughead mike Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Mike
    Been wanting to ask for a week or two now, but what is "doing p.c.h. and "scats"? I see you post this daily, and just curious. Probably something real simple.

2. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Pulled some of the lines yesterday finnished pulling out the rest today. River jumped 4 ft she’s a commen up hard . Put the rest of the carp chum out. Not shure if its going work real good with the rivers rising putting my chum spot 20 ft under.

Got the first coat of kilnz on the plaster, doing second coat now. Get that done we are going to the mex joint fer late lunch. Might be doing trim work by Saturday if the painting is done.

3. mooseman75

mooseman75 Well-Known Member

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    Pch...publisher clearing horse
    Scats...I think it's just a signature saying but not sure

4. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    Lee, you know of the places for those with adictions? Things like booze and drugs they deal with. Always felt there should be some for tobbacoo. Lock us up for a couple weeks with no acess to a cig. I know my will power on some stuff is nonexistant. And will complement those that can. When do I get to congraulate you?

Now they wanna cat my aortic thingy. Said it big. Told them it was big 40 years ago when checked after accident.

Saw some cotton starting to fly from trees. NO NO NO. Wanna get in on spring bite if it ever happens.

Got home from doc and started mowing. Drive belt very bad. Ever try to buy craftsman repair parts?

Later

5. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Well got the first paint coat on . Yep getting there. Put ten no 2 and painting door frames and window sills tomorrow after carp fishing.
    88AE96FF-A48E-4C56-A343-266F4E617CDC.jpeg

MObigfoot, bvomark, prlwng and 7 others like this.
  6. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Ok, making progress. Backed the Jeep in the barn and hooked onto the boat trailer, didn't pull it out but if it is not raining tomorrow I will before I go mow and the wife promises she will wash and wax while I am at work. Almost end of May and I am just now getting the boat out, I am almost too lame to deserve to fish.

7. skip brown

skip brown Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Skip
    Evening Ramblers....more rain here.....Hope all are doing well

MObigfoot, bvomark, prlwng and 6 others like this.
  8. D schuerenberg

D schuerenberg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri. Matthews
    Name:
    Denzil Denny
    With the river so high I haven't been yet either may have to go to lake

skip brown, Welder, MObigfoot and 7 others like this.
  9. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Old Squeezer Supporting Member

State:
    Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Skip - how are you doing? It's wet here also and it's getting worse.Still digging holes for phone lines?

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hello folks
    mr mac i hope that ain't your door way with
    it facing wrong way
    er got a lot of rain monday and tuesday
    hope yall still ok

11. Mac-b

Mac-b Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Tuesday night wasn't kind to me, for some reason I couldn't get my COPD under control. My maintenance inhaler nor my rescue inhaler could control my coughing. Found some relief when I hit the couch and had my upper torso elevated. Yesterday I needed to go to Lowe's and get me some stakes for my green peppers and I was afraid that as soon as I got thar, I would start coughing and scarce everybody in the store. But I hit my rescue inhaler right before I went in the store and managed to get my stakes for the pepper plants. Stopped at the grub store and when I got home I was wasted. Tried to lay down and take a nap, but couldn't sleep for the coughing. So, I got up and went out to the raised beds and staked the pepper plant while it was misting and tied them up. Inhaling the mist helped me out and I got a short nap in.
    DSCF0104.JPG

Then I put my apron on and did some cooking. Results was a pecan pie, rack of pork ribs cooked in the slow cooker and slow cooked some sweet potatoes cubes with some fresh pineapple seasoned with a tad of brown sugar and cinnamon and everything turned out good.

DSCF0106.JPG DSCF0107.JPG DSCF0109.JPG

Slept fairly well this past evening thanks to the meds.

Rained all day yesterday, but the skies will be clear sometime today. High of 77 expected with an overnight low of 65.

12. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    Mac it seems to do something on n off all day long here so I don't get much done, just a possum out the back door.

13. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Lee
    doing p.c.h. SCATS...jay i'm gonna make another run at it...mike , publisher's
    clearinghouse sweepstakes and my nickname given to me by paw(mac)...SCATS...

14. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    River jumped hard it’s in the parking lot here. Trued where we chummed for carp. Just 2 carp, 2 channel cats and 6 drum. Busted off a big something. Think it was a lake sturgeon. Chum spot went from 10 to 13 ft to 18+ with more current. Seen a lot of lake sturgeon rolling in the area. Oh well. Salt water tank is done all the critters have new homes. In the process of moving it out.
    Gona have a sammich or 2 and go to painting again.

15. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Wife lowered my ears fer me got my beard trimmed a tad. Up and at em I guess. She’s wanting that painting done then I am going fishing.

16. Mac-b

Mac-b Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
  17. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    That’s impressive

18. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    2nd coat of paint is done. Ceiling trim going in Friday then polyurethaning the ceiling and installing the ceiling fan and light it’s getting there. Pharo is happy.

19. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Waited for this storm to blow out and going fishing just worms and cut carp. Les see whoot bites. Need to stay out fer the 3 beer and done limit yep about 6 hrs. Just needen the quality alone time.

20. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    Just keep yur wits about ya flood warning all around, n idiots out wandering around.
    Speedboat runs ashore at Lake Thunderhead