Rambling Vol. 192, On The Road Again

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, May 4, 2020.

1. dpabrams

dpabrams Well-Known Member

State:
    WY
    Name:
    dpabrams
    Great story as always Mac!

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Nine years ago !! I've changed a whole lot, back them I didn't have balance problems nor a slight heart problem.

3. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    That’s why I am fishing below the railroad bridge. It’s got a huge log jam that acts as a big current break and fish tend to stack there. Or mabe at the mouth of first creek good soft spot there. Will prolly fish crawler balls and bull heads i is after the big migrating flatheads. Or the odd monster lake sturgeon. Plus side I can avoid the drift.

4. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
  5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
  6. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Well 2 walls done 2 more to go.
    0E2DFA66-6329-4349-8108-108CFAFAA774.jpeg Got a bite to eat. Hot shower calling my name , get some fresh knickers on and get the boat ready. Pharo is telling to get out on the river fer a bit I must be looking haggard.

7. Herbhome

Herbhome Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Name:
    Neill
    Keith,
    This is a growing problem for beekeepers. Especially the commercial guys who pollinate. Last year, thousands of dollars worth of bees and equipment were stolen in almond country in California.
    I have a very dim view of thieves and don't even enjoy movies or shows about thieving.

8. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    Was power washing the semi trailer this afternoon. Then cleaned the concreate area afterwards. Thought of Mac as was doing such. Still had alot of mud and gravel in trailer crevases from winter. Still need to acidise wheels and polish them out. Tomorows project.

Hangin around the house all weekend. Can not stand holiday crowds anymore.

Later

9. mooseman75

mooseman75 Well-Known Member

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    Wished I had a shotgun and was in the country. Went outside and found 17 bird droppings on my truck, it covered my windshield and hood. Ive never had it so bad in all my years.

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Old Squeezer Supporting Member

State:
    Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
  11. mooseman75

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    Never knew or even thought about the price being that much. Bees are one thing I'm scared of a I've had reactions to stings but boy howdy I love my honey in herbal tea. How many hives do you have Russ?

12. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Lee
    my sister died from lung cancer today at 5:32pm...went and got my lottery ticket...
    $313M johnnie!!!...SCATS...doing p.c.h.

13. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Lee, sorry to hear about your sister, may she rest in peace.

We lost any knowledge of the storm where abouts this past evening, because the storm blocked our TV's receptions. We heard some noise, some rain, lots of wind, but I didn't hear any timber falling.

It's 65 degrees right now, heading for 81 this afternoon with an over night low of 61. Some wind out of the SW.

According to my wheelbarrow which was sitting under an Oak Tree, we might have gotten a tad more precip than I thought.
    DSCF0096.JPG

For some dang reason my flip phone froze up on me yesterday while it was receiving an upload or is dat download, I get confused on dat.

Here is a photo of some yard flowers for those dat don't have none yet.

DSCF0094.JPG

Nice Flathead >>>

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  14. Thunder head

Thunder head Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Name:
    Steven
    65 degrees this morning and

wait for it

raining!

big severe thunderstorm swept across Ga. yesterday afternoon. As usual the mountians to my north west nocked it off of us. very intense rain for about 10 minutes. No damage though.

im going to work on the boat.

15. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Name:
    Keith
    We got 64, no rain, yet, bats in the pole light, the neighbors got their bees, they sure ain't mean like the ones in the 50's???????

16. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Just one5 lb blue and a drum last night. Some good pull downs and crushed baits. Bait fish still thick. Water was 63deg. Is doing some clean up work getting lines ready. Then mudding oh joy.

17. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Lee sorry to hear about your sister passing. No doubt you will see her again one day.

18. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Old Squeezer Supporting Member

State:
    Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Lee, sorry to hear about your sister.

Moose, currently I'm not sure how many hives I have. Hopefully two inside the electric are doing fine. Wild hogs got the one up in the apple trees. I haven't been there in quite a while.

My ideal number of hives is three and two is even better. More than that the "hobby" becomes a chore since I'm not there most of the time.

19. mooseman75

State:
    Utah
    Name:
    Justin
    Lee sorry to about the loss of your sister. Prayers for your peace and her rest.