RAMBLING VOL 170

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Jan 25, 2018.

1. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Good Morning from down here where it's 37, with a light rain, and headed for 50. I grilled some steaks and asparagus with black eyed peas last night that turned out campbells mmm mmm good.

FU - I had the 69 1/2 ton in Orange. You could see that thing coming for a mile away. I put probably 300,000 miles on Ol' Orange. Originally it had a 360 and I rebuilt it once and later put in a 390 from a junkyard. It always run on the hotter side. Never would overheat, but the needle was far to the right.

2. vortex

vortex Twirlygig Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    I use a setup with micro sprinklers. Kind of a combination between drip and using a normal sprinkler. Depends on how you set up the sprinkler heads, but basically mine are set up to do almost a mist just above soil level. Not quite as targeted as drip, but I went that route after discovering the root systems in my garden were going all over crazy down below. Guess it's from how loose the dirt is or something. So instead of running targeted drips, the micro sprinklers came into the equation.

They work very, very well, and I have them set up on a timer so I don't have to worry about them.

Of course the wife isn't super fond of how my current setup is routed. I take a water hose from the faucet and string it around on the back of the fence on the lowest rail. It's up out of the way, but she thinks it looks a little country. (Yeah, so???)

So now this year I'm highly considering a more permanent solution. I'll take a flat blade and trench in PVC pipe from a riser right by the faucet, over to the garden. I may even extend it around the rest of the yard. Add a quick disconnect and a jumper hose at the faucet and it should be good to go. Of course it gets drained a bit for the winter. Doesn't have to be completely, just enough so when the water in the line freezes it has room to expand without busting the pipe.

Haven't really planned any of that out yet, but it'll work and PVC is cheap. :D

3. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Howdy. 38* now, 57* later.

Been busy already with cleaning, laundry, and bill paying. Now I'm about to start hookin'.

Supper: still got some pork roast in the fridge. Just to bug Keith I think I will turn it into something Mexican.

Sophie Mae says hello and it's time to go potty. Y'all make sure you hit the target.

Laters.

skip brown, MObigfoot, vortex and 7 others like this.
  4. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON Supporting Member

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Luke, too country? Put a chicken pen in the back yard, now that's country.
    07dc29c07a361dd75b4eaa3ac235a9ad--too-funny-funny-shit.jpg

5. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    up,but not shaved yet...did business...breakfast was
    a bowl of sketty...SCATS...

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    All of a sudden, Lake Norman is at full pond. I could tell they were letting water in by the debris floating while I was out yesterday.

"Mr. Mac I would of kept one for a FRESH FISH SUPPER. IJS. "

Bob, I have two Hybrid Striped Bass and one nice spotted bass in my holding cage available when I want some fresh fish.

7. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    That's nice Mr. mac but it ain't catfish, just something about fresh catfish in the winter.JMI

8. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Amen to that! Fresh grilled, fried, pan seared with butter, or smoked Catfish will surely be a delight to your taste buds on a cold winters day. It gives you hope that Spring is coming and warmer days are ahead.

Of course, nothing beats fresh catfish on a riverbank... It's something the youngsters should appreciate now because there will be a time when knees and backs will indicate otherwise... LOL

9. Keith Mette

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    I wouldn't know anything about fresh catfish, so I'll just take your werd for it.
    so-i-lied-whatcha-gonna-do-about-it.jpg
    s4oKmoq.jpg

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Good morning:laugh:.
    Here in UP-YONDER it's NO TEETH TUESDAY - ALL DAY.

Y'all got my taste buds tingling with the talk about fish so today while i'm out buying some more wood for the next set of flying bug homes I will have to go to the drive-thru at McDonalds and get several filet O fish sandwiches. Yum Yum and probably some fries.

I got up at the crack of 10:30 so for now it's cigarettes and coffee.:coffee:

Might even stop at Walgreens to replenish first aid supplies, BE PREPARED - some kid told me that.

11. Keith Mette

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Arby's has a fish sandwich on hi waa yin roll?? Ley me know how it is?

12. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Gorton's on sourdough with jalapeno tarter sauce is mighty good. Even tastier with a fresh sliced jalapeno and pepper jack cheese

13. Zeke

Zeke Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Name:
    Derek
    warming in to the 40's here, finally.

River still full of ice, though

Arby's new fish sandwich is flamin' hooooottt

14. fubar4life2010

fubar4life2010 Official USCA Wookie

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Name:
    David
  15. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Hey Zeke, welcome to Ramblings and happy to see someone that likes DRIVE THRU FOOD.

It is currently 60* here in UP-YONDER.

16. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    This is very similar to O'l Orange, except I had the regular side mirrors and a 102" whip antenna, gun rack and over the bed tool box. Everything else was the same. It even had factory A/C (rarely used it because it would freeze up).

9964114-1969-ford-f100-std-c.jpg

HPIM1067.JPG HPIM1260.JPG
    And there She sat and watched over while I built the 64 Chevrolet...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  17. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    cabbage was added to the squash and chicken(baked)...it will be leftovers tonight...
    SCATS...

18. vortex

vortex Twirlygig Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke

She won’t let me. Fresh eggs would be nice. :(

19. Keith Mette

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Joey with all those peppers and jack cheese you wouldn't be able to tell it from.
    24201132460_9d60c7c9ab_o.jpg

or how long it'd been dead!!! LOL