Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
161 - 180 of 389 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,425 Posts
Happy B-day Jeff, I think I recall 34, maybe, kinda, sorta, at the time I was concerned the best of all my years had gone by but the next 30+ were not too bad.
Mowed today, it was too wet but the forecast indicated it may be about as dry as it is going to be for several days. For the most part the misquotes had not been too bad this spring and summer around the farm but for some reason there has been a huge hatch and venturing into the woods is not a pleasant experience right now. I get whelped up by their bite but it only last an hour or so at the most, my poor wife has whelps for days but she is immune to poison ivy which I am very allergic to. Glad only the females bite, if there had been twice as many feeding on me this morning not sure I wouldn't have ran out of blood.
Not going to the river camp this week, daughter and mother-in-law both had medical procedures scheduled this week, both outpatient but they couldn't drive themselves home so we made two trips to Evansville which kind of put us behind on at home chores.
May take a golf cart trip to the pond and toss out a couple lines baited with Sonnys to finish out the day.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,669 Posts
Wish I was 34 again, or even 43. 69 today. Now cant call ma the old lady till end of october when she turns 70. LOL. She did get me a new umblella for the one that broke on boat last trip.

Ma starts a new part time job towards end of month. We kinda thinking of going to river in 2 weeks. Use the new umbrella for sun shield.

96 today. Down into mid 70s with a thing called rain tomorow. Got to much to get done here. Besides, no patiance to deal with weekend boaters.

Might be trading in my corvette so mama has a good car. They offering a tho less than we paid for it 6 years ago. Also 24 tho miles. One set of tires, brake pads, oil changes. Msrp on her choice of new vehicle.

Later

·
Registered
Waylon from Osage County, Oklahoma
365 Posts
Wish I was 34 again, or even 43. 69 today. Now cant call ma the old lady till end of october when she turns 70. LOL. She did get me a new umblella for the one that broke on boat last trip.

Ma starts a new part time job towards end of month. We kinda thinking of going to river in 2 weeks. Use the new umbrella for sun shield.

96 today. Down into mid 70s with a thing called rain tomorow. Got to much to get done here. Besides, no patiance to deal with weekend boaters.

Might be trading in my corvette so mama has a good car. They offering a tho less than we paid for it 6 years ago. Also 24 tho miles. One set of tires, brake pads, oil changes. Msrp on her choice of new vehicle.

Later
I've got a 96 Vette in my garage, haven't driven it in almost 2 years. I always wanted one & wanted the last c4 because I graduated highschool in 96. I love & hate it at the same time. Bought a spare LT1 and was going to build a nasty small block but I'm poor lol

·
Super Moderator
25,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 · (Edited)
I was mowing yesterday day along the dead end road next to some Leyland Cypress and part of the mowing deck was under the branches and the front of the JD snagged onto a green type of vine with briars on it. and before I knew it, the briars did a number on my leg.

Arm Leg Scar Human body Knee

When I finished mowing, I cleaned it up (leg), then wiped it with Peroxide, then put some anti bacteria cream on it. Later I went back to cut out the vine and found out dat I had pulled a good 16 feet of it out of the tree, most of which had gone across my leg. .

Forgot to mention it the other day, my hunting neighbor across the road brought us over a contained of Venison stew that he had cooked on low in his crock pot all day. It was fitting, I here to tell you.

Sliced a nice size mater up yesterday and the Squaw fried up some bacon and we had a nice thick sandwich (BMO) with a slice of purple onion on it, oh yes, Dukes mayo.

Eleven more days before I get my Auris Externa cut off for a couple of hours, then sewed back on.

Some school systems in the Western part of NC are getting ready for the schools to start >>> Western NC county puts AR-15s in all schools to beef up security

·
Premium Member
6,425 Posts
Dang Mac, I hope that looks a lot worse than it actually is. Is that vine native or is it another invasive species that came from somewhere else? Seems we in south central IL have been invaded quite a lot in the past 2-3 decades. Russian Olive, Ash Bore, Japanese Beetles, Asian Carp, Armadillos, those little bitty itching ticks, Honeysuckle Bush, Murder Hornets, and we are starting to get that vine that kills out all the trees. I speculate in another 50 years the flora and fona in this area will be significantly different than it was 50 years past.

·
Super Moderator
25,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
went across and tonya is off...i gave her her birthday money(a fifty)she said she was going
to weedeat and i hear the lawnmower running...she made herself an agg...i was neglected...
gave the kids their biscuits and did p.c.h. 82 degrees already...A/C went 'round the clock
again...c'mon fall!!!...SCATS...

·
Super Moderator
25,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I'm here, thanks for asking, makes me feel good being missed.
I talked to my sister about cutting my hair and beard last night. I have a perm to do, be at the shop at 1:30. Called Heather so I'd have a ride. Matt and the granddaughters would be here early then I'd get the haircut. Change of plans this morning. The 9:30 haircut and perm canceled. She doesn't want to stay at the shop all day. 2 calls to get things going and I'm on my way. Debbie asked if I was wearing my PJs out. She hasn't been to walmart in years and it's worse now than then. I felt well dressed, my fly was buttoned. Mia is in the 3rd grade and has never seen me with short hair or beard. Dang, a whole new granddad. I had taken my morning pills and was ready early. Lasix isn't slow. Once before I left here, once after we got there, 3 times during the trimming, once again before leaving and a rush in when I got home. I was gone from home 2 1/4 hours, 8 miles from the shop to the house. Worn out, nap time.
Debbie's grandmother had a yard full of Surprise Lilies, white, yellow, pink, red and blood red. White in early spring and blood red after a fall frost. After she died we could have them all. When she got sick I started marking the plants to dig up. Guess they don't like the flowerbed 1 pink so far this year.
Watched both auctions last night, didn't buy anything. Porky's dealer had two 5 cuft chest freezers, bought them new 6 months ago to transport cold foods. They sit in a truck so they get bumped with pallets and carts. On zoom I get a 6X6 screen on a 14" laptop and easy to see the damage. Both used and damaged I figured 40, $50 tops. I didn't get to bid. They sold for $130 with a 30 day warranty. New at walmart with 1 year they are $179

161 - 180 of 389 Posts