Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
121 - 140 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Walking my dogs this morning just happened to look over at a tree about head high 3 ft off the sidewalk wonder how many times I walked past this View attachment 330698
View attachment 330697
Lucky, Mountain lore has it that when they build 'em close to the ground, there won't be very much if any snow this winter. High up in the trees, get ready for a LOT of the white stuff.:)

·
Registered
Waylon from Osage County, Oklahoma
365 Posts
I've been busier than a one legged man ..... Well you know the rest. Haven't had a chance to ramble much

Remodeling the oldest daughters house every day after work & all day on weekends, it's 99% finished just waiting on the carpet guys to show up now, I've refreshed my electric skills, played plumber, new drywall, flooring in mud room & kitchen , ceilings and painted 796 gallons of paint

There's a vast difference between good paint and cheap paint , my son in law learned that the hard way buying twice

My regular job at the school is at the busiest time of the year with teachers moving back in and everyone is my best friend for two weeks because I know where everything is, they can't do anything to their rooms without my say so and I carry heavy stuff for them, that'll fade once they're rolling. In another week I'll start coming in at 4:30 AM to work before my bus route which starts at 6 & takes me an hour and a half to run

Bought some new 8" tall wedge sole moc toe boots for work cause why not they look cool, gotta hit the rifle range pretty quick & check the ol 223 make sure it's ready to give some coyotes a dirt nap & start figuring out where the deer are going to be come November.

Oh decided to drop a few pounds cause I'm getting fat as a town dog, lost 52 pounds in two months in 2016 so I know how to do it just ain't fun getting it done

·
Super Moderator
25,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
In the Navy, I was called on every now and then to drive a "pushback" tug or an auxiliary power unit which furnished the juice to start the aircraft engines. Never saw what this attached video depicts, mainly because we weren't moving such heavy stuff, like a commercial airline.

Airport employee narrowly avoids being crushed by plane | Watch (msn.com)

Didn't see this myself, but one of the auxiliary power operators at NAS Rosie Roads got hypnotized by the propeller turning and walked right into it to disconnect the power cable. After the accident, it was required that two operators be assigned to the power unit, one to watch the other one. .

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I lost 30 lbs this week, down to 157 this morning. Every tray of food at the hospital looked nasty.
Debbie took a pound of ground beef from the freezer for dinner, ask me what I wanted. Bland hamburger steaks with gravy and Mac & Cheese. Hope she doesn't burn them. I can season to my taste with every bite except salt. Just don't want them with a lot of extra stuff.
Got my morning drugs down. Jason and Matt came by. Was going to shower but I'm worn out. Naptime.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
hadda run back to countrymart to get charcoal...went with mike in his truck to kelly's...
we picked up the "big green egg" wich was filled with mold...loaded it up with the
kingsford and lit it off...mike has the chicken on it now at 5pm...we got 5" of rain...
baked taters and zucchini to go with...SCATS...fed the deer...leeboy...

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
871 Posts
Mac, there was a fellow sucked into the intake of a fighter, another sailor saw him and grabbed him by the knees and kept him from going all the way in. Didn't kill him but it burst his eardrums. We had a chief walk into a prop turning up, jerked him right out of his shoes. When that prop is turning up, you can't see it.

We use to drag race with the old tractors on the flight deck like the one in the photo. They were 6
Tire Wheel Vehicle Aircraft Aviation
cylinder diesel with automatic trans, double rear wheels. That was a ball.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lucky, ya you been lucky, so far, especially with the DOGS!!! B Bomb after dark, don't mess around spray till it's empty!!
It's not in my yard 4 houses down the street the owner knows about it I told him yesterday said he would take care of it there are a lot of little kids around us hope he does something soon

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lucky, Mountain lore has it that when they build 'em close to the ground, there won't be very much if any snow this winter. High up in the trees, get ready for a LOT of the white stuff.:)
Theses ones are the white face hornet have been seeing them around a lot now I know why

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,574 Posts
We use to drag race with the old tractors on the flight deck like the one in the photo.
Not the navy but when I worked xray at a level 1 trauma center it was built on a hill and wheelchair races are common. The other thing in the winter we would take the patient slider boards outside on the icy covered roads or sidewalks and sled down the hill. We had to stop when moving a patient one day and the Dr asked why the board was all scratched up and we all started laughing

·
Premium Member
6,425 Posts
Rain most of day, never very heavy but we don't need any more for awhile. Sun did get exposed early evening but there is a chance for more showers tomorrow. OK, I have a drink on occasion, I estimate about 1/5 of VO a year but I haven't indulged for about a month, the wife never touches it, so intoxication is not in play here. The wife was filming what she thought may be cloud rotation with a tail forming yesterday about 7:50pm and captured something falling from the sky, it appears to be falling straight down then veers to the west. We have watched the video several times and tried to enlarge it to see if we could ID the object but cannot. Not knowing how far away it was I cannot estimate the size, but it has us baffled. Finally got ahead of the alga in my ponds, water is Gin clear again hope all the rain don't wash more nitrates in. School starts here next week, where did the summer go?

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,289 Posts
Lucky, is that a huge wasp or hornet nest?
When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a big rock up in a tree. But, I looked at it again and zoomed in. Now it looks like a massive hornet nest.
Those things are mean. Be careful.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,289 Posts
We're finally getting more than a 5 minute rain.
It's 0428 right now. Been raining since about 0415. Rain forecast til about 0700.
High today forecast 101. Then a couple days under 100.
This rain will probably make it more humid today. But it's nice right now.

121 - 140 of 388 Posts