Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the life of me, I can't figure out what is going on in my garden. Up until this AM, the maters I've harvested were small, but good taste. This AM I harvest four maters and they were two to three time larger than previous harvest.
Food Plant Natural foods Fruit Ingredient

Front row this morning's maters, back row was earlier in the week pickings.

Got my 1.25 mile walk in. 79 degrees with a tad of wind made it tolerable.

·
Registered
Waylon from Osage County, Oklahoma
353 Posts
Mac bless your heart.
J thanks for the last one.
Waylon when they ask you the BIG question, your sense of humor proceeded you. they don't have room for humor. LOL

61 the grass is sop'n wet!!!

66 & raining slow & steady , wife's got all the windows open and we're about to spend the day painting the inside of the oldest daughters house.

Keith, I was told by a guy who had worked for them in the 80's to go into the interview as relaxed as possible and be yourself they're just regular people like all of us. I thought a little humor would start the interview off on a positive note, it certainly did not lol. Now that I'm older & my distrust for the government is at an all time high I'm grateful I didn't get hired.

Hope everyone has a safe Saturday and don't forget to pray for the families effected by the floods.

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
861 Posts
It is amazing how fast that last 1000 posts went, but now days, it seems like the days are just zipping by.
79 here right now with a high today of 88, and a low of 72 tonight. Thunderstorms today. I need to spray the blame weeds on our fence but the rain keeps on coming.

How high are taters where yall live? I bought an 8 pound bag that cost over $10 this past week, peaches are $2.89 a pound and they aren't even the good ones. I am learning to cook Chinese and Mexican foods, we love them, but eating out has gotten too high. This is not a political statement, just a conversation.

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,758 Posts
Mac my tomato were not getting ripe. We cooled off below 100 on Wednesday and cooler after that. Found 3 ripe this morning. Will be sweet and good. More almost ready to pick.

Best of all after about 55 days without rain we got over 2 inches this morning. Pastures and yard will grow now. We needed it bad.

May have to fish tomorrow. Still raining today.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
mike texted me breakfast was ready so i went across to shave...gave tater half a strip
of my bacon and the other half to ladybug...then i gave her another half a strip...tonya
said megamillions went to illinois...she and mike headed out to the farmers market...i
went to beth's and got smokes and pop and did business there...no need for A/C today
got my powerball ticket for the week from kendra...draws for 100m cash tonight...SCATS...

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
861 Posts
Jim I don't eat out, Russet 10lb. $5.57 , peaches .99 each, I only buy sliced in a can any where from a buc er two per can, got home grown taters right now so don't buy any . Russet if I buy any.
Good deal buddy, that is the way to go. I have thought about planting a garden, but the ground here is so rocky and so many dern squirrels and birds it is unreal. I am from West Tennessee where corn and vegetables grow really well, here I have yet to see corn over 5 or so feet tall. Back home I have seen corn there grow 10 or 12 foot tall.

·
Super Moderator
25,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Biden test positive again.

"The president acknowledged his positive test in a Twitter post on Saturday afternoon, noting he is going to reinitiate isolation measures."

"This happens with a small minority of folks," he wrote. "I've got no symptoms, but I am going to isolate for the safety of everyone around me. I'm still at work, and will be back on the road soon."

·
Registered
Don't use nothing fancy.
220 Posts
For the life of me, I can't figure out what is going on in my garden. Up until this AM, the maters I've harvested were small, but good taste. This AM I harvest four maters and they were two to three time larger than previous harvest.
View attachment 330609

Front row this morning's maters, back row was earlier in the week pickings.

Got my 1.25 mile walk in. 79 degrees with a tad of wind made it tolerable.
Mac, my tomatoes are the same way. Im getting a weird variety of sized. They're just started turning. I'm enjoying my mater and onion sammiches though!

·
Super Moderator
25,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"I'm enjoying my mater and onion sammiches though!:\"

Add a slice of slightly melted cheese on it. I like goat cheese on mine. Not many people like onions on theirs, IJS

1 - 20 of 297 Posts