Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
961 - 980 of 1000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Got the clothes from the camper washed, dried and ready to go back in.
Watched Porky's auction. Got a screen wall for a canopy 9.5X9.5 ft for $3.50, got 2. Was late getting online, didn't see any fishing stuff.
Got all the potted plants watered and tomatoes tied. Emptied the rain barrels.
Need to spray the camper, we had a mess of ants in and around it during our trip. Check my supply of fire ant killer in the camper, will need it at Sardis.
Plan our meals, hope it's simple, very little cooking.

73 feels like 73, E 5 mph wind. 95 later.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Looks like I might have to get me a slop jar or honey bucket and start collecting >>> What Is Peecycling: Human Urine Has Nutrients Crops Need to Thrive (businessinsider.com)

View attachment 329925
In 2006 my landlord gave me a gallon jug and told me to fill it with pee. More jugs were added. Sit it out in the sun for 2 weeks then use it in the gardens. Helped keeping critters from digging up plants. I did the same at my house. Pour some down a mole trail. Pour a lot out where deer were jumping the fence to get in the garden. Did pretty good. I pour it in the flower gardens in the front yard to keep cats out.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
tonya took off to town...dunno where or why...mike picked up trash in the front yard,,,
he bought baby-back ribs the same day i bought steaks...ribs tonight...i don't eat ribs
wings or watermelon...i'll havea steak tomorrow...powerball draws tonight for 296m...
letyaknow the results after the drawing...88-degrees...the air is on...SCATS...

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,148 Posts
I was sitting outside yesterday thinking it would be a bit cooler if it rained a little. But, then , the humidity would go up.
So, I got to wishing the temperature was in the mid to high 70s.
This being June, in Oklahoma, it'll get hotter before it cools off much.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #970 ·
I spent the day building a fence alley for my goats to get to a grown up woodlot I have fenced in for goats. It's about ten acres. Used to keep mules in it but I don't have them anymore. Hot work but the goats had a blast.
The price of square baled hay has skyrocketed here over the last few years. There was a couple of dry seasons that really hurt the supply, the price went up and it never went down. This will save us a lot.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,616 Posts
If Lee gets to Vegas, wonder if he will find where that cash he sent there went?

That getting old must be true. Ma and I have talked several times of late how we never had ac in cars or house. Then the fact we were not bothered that much by it. But then now in easy chair at 73 in house. Thermometer says 103. That 350 was well spent for the window ac to cool a couple rooms. It got down to 80 early this morn.

Strawberries are getting stung in this heat. Did pick a coolwhip container of them last night. Had sprinkler going on matters as picking.

Had to get racoons outa garage yesterday. Found a hole they getting thru. Mothballs in rafters and they soon left. Something else to fix. Mama and two kits. The other musta died after burning the wood pile.

Sometimes that door closing on one load would open up another better paying load.

Oldest son and his wife, soon to be gparents, coming out for sup. Guess I better prep the berries.

Too hot to fish.

Later

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
764 Posts
Big Jim I sure hope your doing better?? Now just look at the claws on this thing!! LOL
Couple rescues 'kitten' then discovers it's actually a bobcat

Yes, it's a bigun.
Cambodian man catches world's largest recorded freshwater fish
Thanks Keith, I still feel rough as a corn cob, I think the ZPAK is working though. No one will have to tell me to wear a mask from now on. This stuff will make a person believe fat meat is greasy.

Mac, we use to call the old slop jars thunder mugs. lol There is a difference between a slop jar and a slop bucket.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
there's debil aggs,tatersalad and baked beans...i'm eatin'dat...tonya got corn so i'll
feed the deer in an hour anda half...tonya had the benton county contractors out to
do an estimate on adding on to the house...what they want is going to run them
about 80k...the bank will never give her that...mike just spent ten grand ona
side-by-side...they seem to be competing to see who can spend the most money...
i don't think they're thinkin' what it'll do to their personal property taxes...SCATS...

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
Keef, I beginning to believe the skin cancer close to my knee likes the Chemo treatments (3 so far), IJS.
Fawn Carnivore Eyelash Whiskers Snout

It looks like a mini volcano and is worst looking now than it was before she started treating it. Every now and then it will let me know it's still thar with a jabbing pain, not as bad now as it was after the first treatment. Before treatment, no pain, no nuthing, it was just thar.

Sister-in-law, just called, said the Governor of NC just tested positive for Covid and she had her picture taken with him Saturday evening at a conference. She was supposed to have Schrimp and girts with us tonight, of course, she cancelled out. Gov. Roy Cooper tests positive for COVID-19 | Govt-and-politics | journalnow.com

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,148 Posts
Blair (my daughter) and the kids are headed to Pensacola for vacation.
The boys, especially Isaiah, looking forward to fishing from the beach with Nick and his boys.
She left Jeremy (husbsnd) at home.
No vacation for him, I guess.

She was saying that she wanted to be in Pensacola for 4th of July, so I guess they'll be there, at least, until the 5th.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,616 Posts
Put all away in shop and garage yesterday afternoon. Big storms were coming up from Nebraska. 15 miles away they got 60 or 70 wind gusts. Lots of quick downpours. We got a one minor wind gust and no rain. Several tornados out west and 130 miles north west. In one way lucked out again. But, boy it is getting dry here.

Sounds like Jim doing better, slowly.

Down to 70 outside. Ac off and fans in windows.

Later

961 - 980 of 1000 Posts